Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Guys, we're still in this. Let's give a warm welcome to haydenellis22, Defender of the Creed and All Around Great American:

@CoachWMuschamp Please stay. I will bring you Chick Fil A breakfast every day you're at Auburn if you don't leave. Let's make this happen

@haydenellis22

Nice E.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, what was I thinking, I feel so used!

And so will a lot of other people. I look at it as friends with benefits. We both got what we were looking for. Let's not be the clingy one who felt an emotional connection that wasn't there.

It's a shame that the stars didn't align for us to strike while the iron was hot.

So, to rein the thread back in, I was wondering the strategy behind a possible replacement to Boom (maybe this belongs in the other thread on him, but honestly, there have been so many that I don't even know so feel free to move). There were rumors last year from some that Garner was upset for not being in consideration for the DC job. IF that is true, it would seem to present quite a tight-rope job for Gus. Say he offers it to T-Rob? Does Garner feel slighted again and leave? And vice versa, in promoting Garner, do we lose T-Rob (I'm guessing probably). And if we get someone on the outside, do we lose both of them? Does anyone have strong feelings either way? I just feel things could possibly set up for an entire defensive coaching shakeup going into what I believe is a partial must-win situation for Malzahn. That would be bad. Wow, Auburn football, am I right? From complete trust and optimism to possible calamity and despair in 365 days.

Pros and Cons of T-Rob:

Pros:

Continuity with this system

Excellent recruiter in a critical area of the country for AU

Was a very good position coach

Would likely not leave AU unless for a promotion -- if hired as DC at AU

Cons:

Never been a DC before (uh oh...)

Has not proven he can be more than a good position coach at this time

Anything else that anybody can add? It's all I can think of right now

Pros) TRob will bring knowledge of the system allowing a smooth transition to a new DC next year when Gus is already on the hot seat. Our defense does not have the time to relearn schemes and what not.

This is the answer. Gus is gone after next year unless a lot of things come together to get us to 9-10 wins (including a win over either uga or spuat). The D was clearly the better unit compared to the O at the end of the year. We need continuity.

wde

Wow this thread might rival the other Muschamp thread. You know, the "is Will coming to Auburn?" Thread. As a side note, at least we all know how Arkansas State feels, though they go through this every year

So, to rein the thread back in, I was wondering the strategy behind a possible replacement to Boom (maybe this belongs in the other thread on him, but honestly, there have been so many that I don't even know so feel free to move). There were rumors last year from some that Garner was upset for not being in consideration for the DC job. IF that is true, it would seem to present quite a tight-rope job for Gus. Say he offers it to T-Rob? Does Garner feel slighted again and leave? And vice versa, in promoting Garner, do we lose T-Rob (I'm guessing probably). And if we get someone on the outside, do we lose both of them? Does anyone have strong feelings either way? I just feel things could possibly set up for an entire defensive coaching shakeup going into what I believe is a partial must-win situation for Malzahn. That would be bad. Wow, Auburn football, am I right? From complete trust and optimism to possible calamity and despair in 365 days.

This is our meltdown thread. Here's your hiring strategy thread.

But the normal rules don't apply to meltdown threads, so I'd take TRob over Garner every day and twice on Sunday Saturday.

And yes, you are right. Nobody do it like we do.

I just can't believe I contributed so much of my time and thoughtful, erudite posts to the mega-Muschamp thread last year . . . Boy, what was I thinking, I feel so used!

This thread may be destined for message board gold pretty soon when the fallout begins in earnest. I want first dibs on the "Hire Wayne Hall" thread.

On a side note I wonder what CWM was telling recruits last year as far as his time at AU? What did he tell Cowart for instance? Wonder what our young defensive players are thinking right now.

Just a shot in the dark here, but it could be that Will feels that more emphasis is placed on offensive recruiting since Gus is an offensive guy.

So far, under Gus, he'd be right. There also seemed to be more drive for stars vs filling needs. Of course part of that could be that we were shooting for stars across the board and those areas just weren't where we were able to land them. Not for nothing, but save one running back who will go unnamed, all of the players that we wasted a whole recruiting season trying to land, only to have them flip to the dark side at the last minute, have been on the defensive side of the ball.

My take on it was always that Gus wanted space for the skill players he wanted and let his DC take the lead on recruiting the defensive side of the ball. The impression I got from some things Muschamp said was that Johnson was out of touch with recruiting. I could be totally wrong, however.

1. What's the deal with a report that says "he's unlikely to stay." That's really terrible journalism. If he's wrong, uh well, I just said it's unlikely. If he goes he looks like inspector gadget. Is this really where we've come to. A rumor is newspaper worthy?

2. He's staying. His family just settled in. He's here for at least 1 more year. That's just as much fact as the scarbinsky article.

1. What's the deal with a report that says "he's unlikely to stay." That's really terrible journalism. If he's wrong, uh well, I just said it's unlikely. If he goes he looks like inspector gadget. Is this really where we've come to. A rumor is newspaper worthy?

2. He's staying. His family just settled in. He's here for at least 1 more year. That's just as much fact as the scarbinsky article.

What do you know ptb?

wde

So hopefully the interview, twitter manipulation, etc is just Sexton getting his guy some extra $.....i'd believe that, not too far fetched.

Okay. Do you want your condo bedroom to have a swimming pool view or beach view in Kansas?

What do you know ptb?

wde

I believe it was #1 and #2 ;)

Okay. Do you want your condo bedroom to have a swimming pool view or beach view in Kansas?

I rather have the ocean front property in Alaska :P

What do you know ptb?

wde

I believe it was #1 and #2 ;)/>

At the moment, #2 sounds like #2 ...

What do you know ptb?

wde

I believe it was #1 and #2 ;)/>

At the moment, #2 sounds like #2 ...

:rimshot:

I'm getting the impression that you've been blissfully unaware of the decline of western journalism over the past 10 or so years. There's one rule in "journalism" now... will it sell papers/get clicks? That's it. They don't teach research anymore, they teach you how to master the art of being just vague enough that it sounds like you know what your talking about, but have a backdoor just in case the truth actually comes out.

Or, to sum it up simply... Thayer Evans, Joe Schad, and the rest of their ilk still have jobs... and they are probably paid pretty well, too.

The info that evidently came out of the Lattimore camp was the first thing to really get to me. If I'm not mistaken, Marcus and his family have a pretty spotless reputation. If somebody in his circle really said that Muschamp offered him a job, then that carries weight with me. But that could be a complete fabrication.

As for journalism, it has evolved to meet the demand of the consumer. It's like fast food. We know that it's truly awful for us, but half of us can't even manage to get our fat butts out of the car to walk inside to buy it.

Doesn't matter if it's right all that matter is if you were the first one to report it

Anybody down to take one for the team and fabricate a story about Saban that would lead to him losing his job? thanks in advance lol

The info that evidently came out of the Lattimore camp was the first thing to really get to me. If I'm not mistaken, Marcus and his family have a pretty spotless reputation. If somebody in his circle really said that Muschamp offered him a job, then that carries weight with me. But that could be a complete fabrication.

As for journalism, it has evolved to meet the demand of the consumer. It's like fast food. We know that it's truly awful for us, but half of us can't even manage to get our fat butts out of the car to walk inside to buy it.

^This. I don't Lattimore would blow smoke.

Doesn't matter if it's right all that matter is if you were the first one to report it

Anybody down to take one for the team and fabricate a story about Saban that would lead to him losing his job? thanks in advance lol

You first, please. If you fail I'll find someone else. ;)

I'll believe you every day before I believe what Scarb and his cohorts put out. Hope you are right.

Right. IF.

There is no way of knowing if Muschamp offered Lattimore a position or not. Yet some take the rumor as Gospel.

You first, please. If you fail I'll find someone else. ;)

lolol there are a few lies that could be made up to force him to be fired but I'm not willing to put myself in the middle of it lmao

This is our meltdown thread. Here's your hiring strategy thread.

But the normal rules don't apply to meltdown threads, so I'd take TRob over Garner every day and twice on Sunday Saturday.

And yes, you are right. Nobody do it like we do.

Why Trob ? He's been a position coach only. What are his qualifications to become a DC ?

RG has been an AHC for 10 years, recruiting coordinator for 15. DLine coach for 15+ years.

What's on Trob's resume' that would advance him before RG ?

I just want to understand your reasoning. Not picking a fight. Just sell him on his credentials, please.

Thanks.

WDE !!!

Archived