Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

@JOXRoundtable: On show: @TravHaneyESPN SCarolina AD had his eye on Muschamp or Smart for a longtime; expects Will Muschamp to be coach "next 2 or 3 days"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JOXRoundtable: On show: @TravHaneyESPN SCarolina AD had his eye on Muschamp or Smart for a longtime; expects Will Muschamp to be coach "next 2 or 3 days"

I presume they are waiting on the buyout clause to end.

Muschamp offering Marcus Lattimore a job........he gone.

1) who would you want as DC ? It's coming, either now or then.

T-Rob would be my first choice because he's been under Will's wing for awhile, brings continuity with personnel and, if nothing else, will recruit at a high level (and hopefully keep the current class from falling apart). Even if the next guy only stocks the pantry before we get somebody with a little more experience, I could live with that given the spot we were in this time last year. 2nd choice? Good question. I honestly don't know the up and comers out there, but I'd probably look to the mid majors for a DC getting the job done there.

2) CGM has set the precedent of hiring a non-coordinator to become OC. Lashlee's jump to coordinator parallels Muschamp's. RG has had 20 years + as a coach. At some point you throw the reins at a candidate and say go for it. I'm just not in favor of giving the position of OC/DC to anyone without at least the same experience before signing on with AU. T-Rob has only been a position coach and in realtiy RL was only a GA. Although I like them both I would prefer coaches with higher experience. AU is not an on-the-job training school. We pay top dollar for experience but we're reversing the skill sets because of RL. We should aspire to candidates with higher qualifications and I'd prefer to reward those from within who've proven themselves at their current jobs who have tremendous loyalty to AU.

Agreed about RL. Respectable and informed opinions on the rest.

Given subsequent news posted in this thread, looks like we very well may be finding out on Sunday.

Sooooo can someone direct me to the meltdown thread?

Welcome! May I take your coat?

Sooooo can someone direct me to the meltdown thread? Will there be refreshments served? Is it BYOB?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's at a place called 'Champs' and is located next to a trailer park and a washeteria or something.

:dunno:

Pros and Cons of T-Rob:

Pros:

Continuity with this system

Excellent recruiter in a critical area of the country for AU

Was a very good position coach

Would likely not leave AU unless for a promotion -- if hired as DC at AU

Cons:

Never been a DC before (uh oh...)

Has not proven he can be more than a good position coach at this time

Anything else that anybody can add? It's all I can think of right now

Pros and Cons of T-Rob:

Pros:

Cons:

Cons (for him): His job security at AU next year would be extremely vulnerable.

Sooooo can someone direct me to the meltdown thread? Will there be refreshments served? Is it BYOB?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's at a place called 'Champs' and is located next to a trailer park and a washeteria or something.

:dunno:/>

You can hit the Strutting Duck too.

Pros and Cons of T-Rob:

Pros:

Cons:

Pros) TRob will bring knowledge of the system allowing a smooth transition to a new DC next year when Gus is already on the hot seat. Our defense does not have the time to relearn schemes and what not.

Pros and Cons of T-Rob:

Pros:

Cons:

Cons (for him): His job security at AU next year would be extremely vulnerable.

Assuming Gus has to win at least 8 games next year, with a difficult schedule, he may weigh the cons mentioned more than they're worth. Gus may, in other words, hire for the short term, rather for the long term. Stability/continuity may mean nothing to him if he can't win immediately.

I agree, that this is a con from TRob's point of view.

I never hit anything that struts. It's part of my code. Anything that sashays is fair game, though.

Hope Auburn is prepared ... the carousel keeps turning.

I never hit anything that struts. It's part of my code. Anything that sashays is fair game, though.

Can I...

Can I hug you?

I am there...will be a classic thread.

6QAMESWJ82WAg.gif

Guys, we're still in this. Let's give a warm welcome to haydenellis22, Defender of the Creed and All Around Great American:

@CoachWMuschamp Please stay. I will bring you Chick Fil A breakfast every day you're at Auburn if you don't leave. Let's make this happen

@haydenellis22

No kidding my friends were using my laptop and thought it would be funny to make up that T-Rob/AD stuff. Didn't see it until this morning. Sorry for all that.

May their finals week be full of frustration and multiple choice questions where they have to choose "the best correct answer"

I just can't believe I contributed so much of my time and thoughtful, erudite posts to the mega-Muschamp thread last year . . . Boy, what was I thinking, I feel so used!

Archived