Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

There is more bullsh** in this thread than can be found in an Iowa feedlot. Do a lot of you have bammer neighbors that tell you lies about Auburn and then you run here and repeat them as fact? Why do you believe the same liars that had us giving Cam 180,000 dollars?

One thing I learned in my classes at Auburn was to be skeptical of unlikely statements. Did so many of you miss that part of your Auburn education?

I was at Auburn in the Terry Bowden days and don't remember talking about any of this stuff. Never heard rumors, never cared about the inner workings of the athletic department or football program. On the same token you had to choose whether you were going to talk on the phone or check your email.

One thing I will say about this meltdown is the continuing mention of "culture change" is disturbing to me. I can't help but wonder if Jay Jacobs' spiel of "the best student athlete experience...." plays a part in that. Hate to tie it in, but I wonder if Golloway's firing is a part of that and molly coddling our kids. I could be way off base of course.

Last thought: IF Muschamp makes a lateral move its a major embarrassment to the program and one that should cause quite a bit of self critique. If that doesn't happen, it's overhaul time in the AD.

You never heard about the stuff because social media was a good 20 years away

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more bullsh** in this thread than can be found in an Iowa feedlot. Do a lot of you have bammer neighbors that tell you lies about Auburn and then you run here and repeat them as fact? Why do you believe the same liars that had us giving Cam 180,000 dollars?

One thing I learned in my classes at Auburn was to be skeptical of unlikely statements. Did so many of you miss that part of your Auburn education?

I was at Auburn in the Terry Bowden days and don't remember talking about any of this stuff. Never heard rumors, never cared about the inner workings of the athletic department or football program. On the same token you had to choose whether you were going to talk on the phone or check your email.

One thing I will say about this meltdown is the continuing mention of "culture change" is disturbing to me. I can't help but wonder if Jay Jacobs' spiel of "the best student athlete experience...." plays a part in that. Hate to tie it in, but I wonder if Golloway's firing is a part of that and molly coddling our kids. I could be way off base of course.

Last thought: IF Muschamp makes a lateral move its a major embarrassment to the program and one that should cause quite a bit of self critique. If that doesn't happen, it's overhaul time in the AD.

That makes way too much sense.

Dumpster fire. Looks like T-Rob will be going elsewhere (alone) next season. Run in with someone in the AD has left him with a bad feeling and he wants out.

Now it's just gone into wacko territory. T-Rob may be somewhere else next year but it isn't a run in with the AD that is sending him there. Good Lord.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would mind CWM being the head coach. I actually think he was really close to having a great team at FL if he just had a QB.

But that same theory does not apply to AU ...can you imagine how much better AU would have been this year with a QB?

I am far from a sunshine pumper and know I will get blasted for this, but at times like this we need Gus to come through. This musical chairs of coaches is killing AU. We need some freaking stability big time. If Champ does go, we need to find the right DC that fits what Gus desires in a defense and not just the next "big thing." We need a vision and philosophy and to freaking stick with it. I am honestly tired of the ups and downs. I don't think we need a sexy hire, just someone who is here for the long haul and fits what Gus vision is for this team and program.

Yes stop trying to win the press conference and focus more on hiring someone who can help AU win the SEC conference

I, for one, am sanguine.

Petty details of the outcome are insignificant.

Keep the staff intact?

Promote from within?

Rebuild from the ground up?

Doesn’t matter.

Big picture is that the meltdown here is at least reflective of a nationwide conversation.

We will not get a single vote in the preseason AP,

And will make a championship run.

Clever plan.

According to Cubelic, "buckle your seatbelt" if Muschamp isn't named at USCe.

Nice and vague

I think it's been estaished that the Cubelics are pot stirrers and trying to make a name for themselves, quite often at Auburns expense. I wouldn't get too concerned.

Spot on post

Welcome! Joining us for the melt?

I'm no insider. I'm actually pretty bad at being a poster on this board. I bring no viable information nor do I agree with the majority of the crap on this board. However eventually Saudi has to look in the mirror after all the coaching changes and say MAYBE IT'S ME

You just weren't in the right place at the right time. I was there too and just happened to know someone who had direct connection to people on the board. There was a soap opera going on behind the scenes when Terry was sent packing.

Get 'em, Mikey.

Can someone please enlighten me as to why (if true) why Muschamp is not happy at AU? He called the shots when he was hired or am I wrong on that? Is JJ really that bad as AD?

Can someone please enlighten me as to why (if true) why Muschamp is not happy at AU? He called the shots when he was hired or am I wrong on that? Is JJ really that bad as AD?

Who is to say he wasn't happy? He might just see a better opportunity at USCe as an HC. Now, if he goes to Bama or UGA as DC, then we have another discussion.

I'd like to know, as well. There's chatter out there about Boom not being happy about 'organizational issues' and Gus prioritizing the offense. But that's all too vague for me. Would love for someone to fill it in.

I think your on course and I've been thinking this for a while now. In trying to find a common thread through the ups and downs of the football program in the past decade+ and general mediocrity in the athletic department as a whole, you have to look at the top guy and wonder how he could affect this. Personally I think he's made some good hires but something goes missing. No edge. Coaches come in who have successful elsewhere and fall flat at AU. Did they forget how to coach? I think they've been influenced by the head guy to act a certain way and recruit a certain kind of player that won't make waves and portray the "True Auburn Man" image above all else. So coaches get frustrated, players get underdeveloped, and a lot of losses pile up along the way.

That's my opinion from afar.

I think your on course and I've been thinking this for a while now. In trying to find a common thread through the ups and downs of the football program in the past decade+ and general mediocrity in the athletic department as a whole, you have to look at the top guy and wonder how he could affect this. Personally I think he's made some good hires but something goes missing. No edge. Coaches come in who have successful elsewhere and fall flat at AU. Did they forget how to coach? I think they've been influenced by the head guy to act a certain way and recruit a certain kind of player that won't make waves and portray the "True Auburn Man" image above all else. So coaches get frustrated, players get underdeveloped, and a lot of losses pile up along the way.

That's my opinion from afar.

I agree with this. I'm not a JJ fan nor a basher either. But if this WM situation turns into a dumpster fire (with TRob and Bentley both gone as well) it is time for serious reflection about the person at the top of this pyramid. How long we will be willing to put up with the mediocrity of Jacobs will mirror how long we wander in the wilderness (with an occasional bright spot).

I would have agreed with Eisenhower about Muchamp before Muchamp's choice to interview with USCe. Once he made that step, I for one am done with him. It seems USCe is opening their search field wider and more likely than not I see Muchamp either as DC at Ala or Ga. I don't have any insider information nor secret source; however, I believe that CGM has a plan to deal with this. But, he is waiting to act on it until after USCe has interviewed Muschamp and announces their decision or Dec 5th (tomorrow), whichever comes first. My heartfelt wish is that CGM finally gets to talk about his plan as early as tomorrow. Of course, the only part I do not like about this is not knowing Muchamp's contract conditions under which AU can let him go before the end of his 3 year contract. Does anyone have facts as to what contract options (if any) that AU may exercise, since Muschamp is "seeking" other employment. Or do we have to sit and twist in the wind until he decides to again bless AU with his presence. If that is the case, our AD and contract lawyer also need to be run out of town on a rail.

Archived