Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

So, if WM stays, what will all these people claiming "the program is doomed and Gus is awful and WM wants out because he sees the truth now" gonna claim? That we got lucky and WM must have just not been offered anything better? I bet if we thought about it we could go ahead and start a thread with all the pre planned excuses before it even happens. Now that would be an entertaining thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what PM writes is true:

I am convinced, now more than ever, that Gus is in over his head. I didn't think it was a good idea that he be hired back in 2012, and my fears are now coming to fruition.

Gus was not ready to be the head coach at Auburn... And it has nothing to do with 'on the field' issues.

Before AU, Gus never had to deal with big-time money. He never had to deal with big-time personalities, on staff. Gus has never had to deal with big-time boosters. He's never had to make the crucial decisions that big-time coaches are forced to make. Gus has never had to deal with in-your-face media (you can tell by his absolutely horrible press conferences). He's never Been forced to deal with the other side of the ball (defense)... And most importantly, Gus has never had to deal with big-time expectations!

The SEC is not the place for on-the-job training. There is no patients when it comes to SEC football.

In Gus' case, winning in 2013 might've done more harm than good. There was nowhere to go, but down.

This is a pivotal off-season for Gus. He is gonna have to show some leadership, now more than ever. He can't afford to be stubborn. He has to make some important hires, and fires!

I hope Gus is up to the task. I truly hope he proves me wrong... More importantly, I just hope in 12 short monthes we're not in the midst of a coaching search for the 3rd time in 8 years...

You got all that from PMs sourceless no info article? Alrighty then.

Problems, off the field... stubborness.

Get your head out of the sand!

Problems off the field? Because 1 player had issues? Name these "problems" that are worse than anywhere else please. I believe we've actually had less problems than most places the last year.

I'll leave it as stubborness in regards to staffing...

But, you're obviously seated at the front of the Gus Bus, so you clearly don't have the same concerns... and that's perfectly fine.

If WM doesn't return we are in some trouble smh. If GM falls on his face Id go after Bielema (which will be unpopular) he can bring back the old school Auburn. But he does "hate" us, and is building up the Arky program.

* specify if GM fails in 2016 ( no change now smh)*

If WM doesn't return we are in some trouble smh. If GM falls on his face Id go after Bielema (which will be unpopular) he can bring back the old school Auburn. But he does "hate" us, and is building up the Arky program.

BB? He hasn't even done much at Arkansas you know? He could never win the big game at Wisconsin, even with RW. That would be a step backwards.

If what PM writes is true:

I am convinced, now more than ever, that Gus is in over his head. I didn't think it was a good idea that he be hired back in 2012, and my fears are now coming to fruition.

Gus was not ready to be the head coach at Auburn... And it has nothing to do with 'on the field' issues.

Before AU, Gus never had to deal with big-time money. He never had to deal with big-time personalities, on staff. Gus has never had to deal with big-time boosters. He's never had to make the crucial decisions that big-time coaches are forced to make. Gus has never had to deal with in-your-face media (you can tell by his absolutely horrible press conferences). He's never Been forced to deal with the other side of the ball (defense)... And most importantly, Gus has never had to deal with big-time expectations!

The SEC is not the place for on-the-job training. There is no patients when it comes to SEC football.

In Gus' case, winning in 2013 might've done more harm than good. There was nowhere to go, but down.

This is a pivotal off-season for Gus. He is gonna have to show some leadership, now more than ever. He can't afford to be stubborn. He has to make some important hires, and fires!

I hope Gus is up to the task. I truly hope he proves me wrong... More importantly, I just hope in 12 short monthes we're not in the midst of a coaching search for the 3rd time in 8 years...

You got all that from PMs sourceless no info article? Alrighty then.

Problems, off the field... stubborness.

Get your head out of the sand!

Problems off the field? Because 1 player had issues? Name these "problems" that are worse than anywhere else please. I believe we've actually had less problems than most places the last year.

I'll leave it as stubborness in regards to staffing...

But, you're obviously seated at the front of the Gus Bus, so you clearly don't have the same concerns... and that's perfectly fine.

Not quite. I've called out Gus quite a bit this year for playcalling. I am however firmly on the no one gets fired this year bus due to 2 out of 3 years being good to great offense and defensive issues getting better every he game this year. If we have good to great offense 2 out of every 3 years and defense actually becomes an SEC caliber D, then we have a lot of success ahead. Now if we struggle at offense and defense in 2016 all bets are off and things should be re evaluated then. I give the offense a pass this year as I'm not sure of any teams that would be good when their starting qb gets the yips or suddenly folds under pressure, the backup is a redshirt freshman who gets injured and the 3rd string has surgery 2 weeks into the season. We had all 3 of our available qbs become unusable. That I give a 1 year pass for. If it happens again next year, again all bets are off

BB? He hasn't even done much at Arkansas you know? He could never win the big game at Wisconsin, even with RW. That would be a step backwards.

I think he's building Arky, it's taken time. He's got the hogs in the system now (upfront). The program is on a rise.

I know people will shoot it down but big picture, I think he could have em competing with Bammer and LSU consistently. Heck he's already beating LSU on the regular and getting close to bammer. He doesn't have all pieces yet.

But whatever we have to play the cards that are dealt anyways. I think Gus can make us competitive.

huh?

huh?

Too soon I know but we are talking a lot of hypothetical all over the board.

I should of specified if GM fails in 2016 (not a change now)

huh?

We may be the only sane ones left after the implosion.

I think he's building Arky, it's taken time. He's got the hogs in the system now (upfront). The program is on a rise.

I know people will shoot it down but big picture, I think he could have em competing with Bammer and LSU consistently. Heck he's already beating LSU on the regular and getting close to bammer. He doesn't have all pieces yet.

But whatever we have to play the cards that are dealt anyways. I think Gus can make us competitive.

BB and his staff have the Hogs moving forward. They have worked wonders with Allen!

huh?

I'm still here ...

If CWM takes the Carolina job I wish him well. But I would never want him back on staff,

...ever! This would mark the second time he has taken Auburn's money and run.

I suspect that Boom will become the new HC at Carolina in the next day or so. That explains Scarbo's article -- he can be proved 'right' about Muschamp not being at Auburn next season, and all the other bad stuff he said about Auburn will appear more credible.

huh?

We need to start a seperate forum on here for the non imploded members to have reasonable discussions that don't involve firings and meltdowns every third post ;D

You went full potato.

huh?

We need to start a seperate forum on here for the non imploded members to have reasonable discussions that don't involve firings and meltdowns every third post ;D/>

Ive heard at least once tonight that we should hire one of the following: Bielimia, Kiffin, Petrino, Pellini, Les Miles, Ellis Johnson, Tuberville, and the Roof. Do we have any takers for Scot Loefler out there?

Houston Nutt beat LSU regularly as well. Trust me, Arkansas does not feel inferior to LSU. I am sorry I am just not overly impress with BB. Yes, his teams have done well in the second half of the season, but they have also had embarrassing first half seasons. We want consistency, right? That is not BB. Too each their own I guess.

Dumpster fire. Looks like T-Rob will be going elsewhere (alone) next season. Run in with someone in the AD has left him with a bad feeling and he wants out.

What!? Really?

Dumpster fire. Looks like T-Rob will be going elsewhere (alone) next season. Run in with someone in the AD has left him with a bad feeling and he wants out.

What?

huh?

We need to start a seperate forum on here for the non imploded members to have reasonable discussions that don't involve firings and meltdowns every third post ;D/>

Ive heard at least once tonight that we should hire: Bielimia, Kiffin, Petrino, and Pellini. Do we have any takers for Scot Loefler out there?

Don't leave out Tubs and Rhodes (and I think Miles even got a mention)

You went full potato.

I'm pretty sure he's said more than once that he wants ol' Bert. He's a secondary fan of Arky or something.

And if he stays what will you say then? Do you have a source or just facebook and Twitter? Serious question.

huh?

Ive heard at least once tonight that we should hire one of the following: Bielimia, Kiffin, Petrino, and Pellini. Do we have any takers for Scot Loefler out there?

Well now you're just being silly ;)

And if he stays what will you say then? Do you have a source or just facebook and Twitter? Serious question.

^This

Archived