Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez is set to meet with #SouthCarolina, source told @FoxSports: https://t.co/nDhfYbM8VK

That has to be a joke

Maybe he's always dreamed of coaching in the SEC...

Apparently they talked before and Rich Rod made some ridiculous demands which USCe rebuffed so something must have changed for this to happen.

Posted about 5 minutes ago: @jcshurburtt: All signs continue to point to Will Muschamp as the next coach at South Carolina. Not done yet, though. #Gamecocks

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez is set to meet with #SouthCarolina, source told @FoxSports: https://t.co/nDhfYbM8VK

That has to be a joke

Maybe he's always dreamed of coaching in the SEC...

Maybe you have forgotten that he turned down Bama which forced Bama to go after their second option, Saban.

Question may have already been asked and answered. If so, sorry.

Is Muschamp happy at AU or is there something that is making him want to look elsewhere?

Head Coaching job is the only thing that has him looking elsewhere right now.

Well just crap! So long recruits and now the guys will have to learn still another defense. I was hoping his wife could sway him to stay at AU! She loves it at Auburn.

Well just crap! So long recruits and now the guys will have to learn still another defense. I was hoping his wife could sway him to stay at AU! She loves it at Auburn.

Have you heard something we haven't?

Al.com article just posted: Will Muschamp unlikely to return for another year at Auburn, sources say

where there is smoke, there is fire...

Scarbinsky reporting Muschamp is not coming back to Auburn regardless of the USCe job. Not posting the link because I H8 AL.com

Let me preface this by saying Muschamp is undoubtedly a great defensive coach and given the choice I want him here next year.

However, the sky would not fall if we lost him.

1. Gus will want to give someone complete control of an SEC defense. Very attractive to alot of good defensive minds out there

2. Muschamp rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. Alot of players not very fond of him (pondering transfers).

3. If he'd came back we'd go through this next year, and the year after, and so on.

Regardless of the speculation, I would be completely baffled if Champ takes another DC job in the SEC. Ultimate slap in the face.

Let me preface this by saying Muschamp is undoubtedly a great defensive coach and given the choice I want him here next year.

1. Gus will want to give someone complete control of an SEC defense. Very attractive to alot of good defensive minds out there

2. Muschamp rubbed a lot of players the wrong way. Alot of players not very fond of him (pondering transfers).

3. If he'd came back we'd go through this next year, and the year after, and so on.

Do you have anything to back up this statement? If anything most of the transfer rumors came from the offensive side of the ball.

Regardless of the speculation, I would be completely baffled if Champ takes another DC job in the SEC. Ultimate slap in the face.

Or perhaps the ultimate indictment into how we run our program? That would baffle me too and alarm me into what is really going on with Auburn football.

I think what is most telling is that Will canceled recruiting visits yesterday and his interview is supposedly not until Friday. I seem to remember in the past that even coaches that were interviewing for other jobs still recruited for their current schools until they received the job.

I think what is most telling is that Will canceled recruiting visits yesterday and his interview is supposedly not until Friday. I seem to remember in the past that even coaches that were interviewing for other jobs still recruited for their current schools until they received the job.

Don't spread lies. Will didn't cancel.

Everybody wants to play for him but he rubbed players the wrong way....that's good. That's what happens when you change a culture.

No disrespect but you have no idea what your talking about.

1. Given the state of the program and with a guy coaching for his job next year I really don't see how it is attractive. For a good defensive mind like a Venables, etc, they aren't going to leave a perfectly comfortable situation to come to a place with high uncertainty of the future.

2. A lot of players (on our team anyway) don't like hard coaching.

Idk about everybody else but I want Trob by far the most if WM leaves. Keeps the same system in place, helps keep recruiting momentum, and gives him a chance to bring stability to the AU defense (which we desperately need) as well as building his career. I really think he could be a hell of a coach.

No disrespect but you have no idea what your talking about.

no argument there

why would CWM leave to go to UGA or Bama?

Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp is not expected to return, according to AL.com. Muschamp is in the mix for the South Carolina head coaching job or could possibly end up as an assistant at Georgia or Alabama. Keep in mind: Muschamp's $1 million buyout owed to the school went away after Auburn's regular season ended. He can now leave the school at no cost.

The recruit in question cancelled the visit, not Muschamp.

Sure is a lot of noise this afternoon about Muschamp not returning to Auburn regardless. He'll be at UGA as DC or the S. Carolina head coach according to these reports on Twitter and Kevin Scarbinsky (who also says bammer is a possible destination).

I still don't think I believe he'll leave for another coordinator position, but if he does he's dead to me. It's a slap in the face to Auburn fans to leave for a lateral position at one of our two biggest rivals.

Archived