Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

I don't want to lose him but I understand him interviewing . We wont keep him more than a couple of years. I just wish he would stay long enough to get our def. straightened out. While I don't think he will get it nowt because he is not a good coach but because I think they will go with an Off. guy, I do have a little fear of him going to Ga. I know they are friends. Hopefully with what we pay and the control we have given him that will be enough. Best case we keep him for two more years.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on personality and style, I could see Will being best suited to take the reigns at UGA or LSU... Outside of those schools in the SEC, I think he'd be doing himself a disservice.

The way things are going in Baton Rouge, if Will stays with us one more year, and lights it up, LSU might greet him with open arms.

It depends on if the current AD sticks around. As much as people complain about Jacobs, the screw-ups by this guy are spectacular.

Based on personality and style, I could see Will being best suited to take the reigns at UGA or LSU... Outside of those schools in the SEC, I think he'd be doing himself a disservice.

The way things are going in Baton Rouge, if Will stays with us one more year, and lights it up, LSU might greet him with open arms.

It depends on if the current AD sticks around. As much as people complain about Jacobs, the screw-ups by this guy are spectacular.

JMO but most people who complain about Jacobs don't know what goes on elsewhere.

And a question: Does CWM actually have a contract covering next season? I have seen that he is a free agent with no buyout after this Month. Does that mean we have to negotiate a new deal with him...or what?

If we lose Muschamp, Auburn's new DC would be our 5th over 6 seasons. Less than ideal.

This is the main problem at AU. We don't have any coaching stability. We don't get a coaching brand identity that we can sell.. We are not going to be successful until we have at least 3 years of stability that leads into 5, 6,7 years of minimal staff turnover..

Anybody else think Pruitt would be a good hire if WM leaves?

Depends on if all the stories about Pruitt were true: that he caused problems on staff and it was all about him. If it's true we definitely don't need him at auburn. Friction is the last thing we need

JMO but most people who complain about Jacobs don't know what goes on elsewhere.

And a question: Does CWM actually have a contract covering next season? I have seen that he is a free agent with no buyout after this Month. Does that mean we have to negotiate a new deal with him...or what?

He has a contract thru 2017 season, it just stipulates no buyout for him after the completion of the 2015 regular season. So as of now he can leave for any reason without any penalty.

Can Muschampmat least have the common courtesy to wait for Davidson to sign if he's going to announce?

Any coach taking a new job isn't going to wait until after January 13th to announce that he's been hired and start recruiting his own players, assistant coaches and so forth. To expect that is not reasonable. (Early enrolees don't sign. They become bound to the school when they attend a class. Classes at AU start Jan. 13)

A call to bud foster might make sense at this junction. I assume Gus and Muschamp have spoken and have an understanding. If you are interviewing I am reaching out.

Will is interviewing for a job that has two other candidates. One of them is the OC for Oklahoma, and Ray Tanner has been quoted to say that he wants and offensive minded coach. If Will gets the job it means he was the next best option.

My .02.

Why does anyone think Pruitt would come here? He seems to be in play at Alabama and possibly Michigan. I'm just asking.

67-6Sa3z_bigger.jpg Bruce Feldman Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB

#SouthCarolina is very intrigued by #OU OC Lincoln Riley. He's 32 but one of the sharpest minds in college football & mature beyond his yrs.

Riley would be a good choice. JMO but CWM as HC would just be another HC in the SEC trying to beat Saban and others using Saban's game plan.....which would be fine if he had the same quality players.

IMO USCe needs to find someone who can win with marginal talent....which usually means having a superior offensive scheme along with a reasonable defense. To start first with the defense?......not a winning plan IMO

67-6Sa3z_bigger.jpg Bruce Feldman Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB

#SouthCarolina is very intrigued by #OU OC Lincoln Riley. He's 32 but one of the sharpest minds in college football & mature beyond his yrs.

I can vouch for this. I met him at ECU while he was OC there; sharp guy, very good energy and has that "it" factor for confidence. He would be a good hire for anyone.

Archived