Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

This came from a SC coaching search thread on the SEC rant.....Supposedly from Travis Haney ESPN...

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren't sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn't fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart's DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

I don't know if this is true or not but sounds plausible with what has happened at Auburn this year.

Stay off SEC rant. You'll stay sane

Travis Haney is an ESPN insider. The rant was merely a vehicle that provided the full, unaltered article.

nonsense like that is a regular feature on rant.

I go there for the recruiting updates and I look past the rest. And it seems like many on here does that too because I've seen topics on here that were mirrored from the rant and vice versa.

well the problem is too many people will read crap like that and start freaking out and then bring it over here. This whole thing reminds me of this time last year when CWM was hired as DC. There were a thousand such things proclaiming something and people would read it and have a complete meltdown.

The Muschamp thread last year was fantastic entertainment.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This came from a SC coaching search thread on the SEC rant.....Supposedly from Travis Haney ESPN...

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren't sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn't fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart's DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

I don't know if this is true or not but sounds plausible with what has happened at Auburn this year.

Travis Haney is an ESPN insider. The rant was merely a vehicle that provided the full, unaltered article.

I go there for the recruiting updates and I look past the rest. And it seems like many on here does that too because I've seen topics on here that were mirrored from the rant and vice versa.

well the problem is too many people will read crap like that and start freaking out and then bring it over here. This whole thing reminds me of this time last year when CWM was hired as DC. There were a thousand such things proclaiming something and people would read it and have a complete meltdown.

Agreed it should go in the hall of fame forum for the greatest topics ever.

Agreed it should go in the hall of fame forum for the greatest topics ever.

Can't believe it's already been a year. We got what, 220 something pages out of that deal?

Saw something on Rivals about Gus and Muschamp postponing an in-home with McCloud tomorrow.

McCloud cancelled the visit, not us.

Yep....going to the U! Best hire Miami has made in decades (I believe).

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

South Carolina: Interim head coach Shawn Elliott interviewed for the full-time job on Wednesday, according to ESPN’s Chris Low, who adds that Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley and Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp are also on the interview list.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

South Carolina: Interim head coach Shawn Elliott interviewed for the full-time job on Wednesday, according to ESPN’s Chris Low, who adds that Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley and Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp are also on the interview list.

People from USCe are saying that the longer this drags on, it gets less and less likely Muschamp goes to USCe, because it likely means USCe either has a tentative agreement with or is going after someone who is coaching a team this weekend.

#Sooners OC Lincoln Riley will interview for the #Gamecocks head coaching job today http://bit.ly/1SzkCsy

https://twitter.com/...419568011378688

That would be interesting. Gamecocks going Air Raid.

I only have a couple USC friends- literally a couple, as in they're married to each other- and they are pulling for this guy.

If USC is gauging their fanbase's preference and factoring it into the decision, then that helps our chances of keeping Muschamp.

did anyone see the tigers illustrated story stating muschamp had contacted the clemson OC about being his OC at USCe

It was posted yesterday. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Jeff Scott leaving Clemson for a job at Carolina. As far as if it happened? Who knows?

#Sooners OC Lincoln Riley will interview for the #Gamecocks head coaching job today http://bit.ly/1SzkCsy

I only have a couple USC friends- literally a couple, as in they're married to each other- and they are pulling for this guy.

If USC is gauging their fanbase's preference and factoring it into the decision, then that helps our chances of keeping Muschamp.

The coots (Gamecocks by way of my Clemson roots) in my family want an offensive minded coach and this is the guy they'd like to see get the job.

I have been reading a lot of the Gamecocks' coaching search forums this week, and while Muschamp has a few supporters, the overall sentiment is that they don't want him. Hopefully, their AD is gauging his fanbase on this.

http://coachingsearc...g-search-ticker

South Carolina: Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp will interview for the South Carolina head coaching job on Friday, according to USA Today’s Dan Wolken.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

South Carolina: Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley is interviewing today and Will Muschamp will interview tomorrow per JC Shurburtt and Dan Wolken.

I heard Muschamp will interview for the head manager at Jiffy Lube some time this week. It's always been his dream job.

And if that falls through, there's always money in the banana stand.

I don't blame him for interviewing, for reasons others have stated on this forum.

But, if I could advise the USCe brain trust or PTB, I would humbly suggest: Riley--Yea. Muschamp--Nay.

But maybe my O&B glasses are causing me to be selfish in that suggestion.

I heard Muschamp will interview for the head manager at Jiffy Lube some time this week. It's always been his dream job.

And if that falls through, there's always money in the banana stand.

:laugh: Loved that show!

Couldn't blame him if he took a HC job in the SEC. That having been said, I don't think he is a fit there and he probably won't be offered. After the dust settles I expect Will to be at AU for a couple more years until he rebuilds the defense. After that he will be offered another big time HC job.

Based on personality and style, I could see Will being best suited to take the reigns at UGA or LSU... Outside of those schools in the SEC, I think he'd be doing himself a disservice.

The way things are going in Baton Rouge, if Will stays with us one more year, and lights it up, LSU might greet him with open arms.

Archived