Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Muschamp and Coach Robinson were spotted at Roswell HS in Atlanta today.

This is good isn't it?

Seems like it. At least from my view.

Coach Muschamp and Coach Robinson were spotted at Roswell HS in Atlanta today.

This is good isn't it?

Seems like it. At least from my view.

What recruits(s) are at Roswell?

I find it disturbing that our defensive recruiting would be a disaster if Will and T-Rob were to leave. What does that say about the rest of the staff, including Gus?

Nobody has the slightest idea of what our defensive recruiting would be like in the unlikely chance that those two leave. While their leaving probably wouldn't help, the recruiting wouldn't necessairly go in the tank either. Lawson, Adams, Ford and everybody else not a freshman signed witrh Auburn before Coach Hothead did.

But we do know that the 2015 class was looking bleak until Muschamp and Robinson hit the trail for us.

He's doing some Georgia recruiting..or some recruiting in Georgia or ....

Clever

Wish I'd written that

He's doing some Georgia recruiting..or some recruiting in Georgia or ....

Clever

Wish I'd written that

Maybe they were interviewing for high school coaching positions. I kid, I kid...

I hate this time of the year. So many freaking rumors. Is he going, is he staying? Twitter exploding about canceled in-home visits. I hope Gus actually has a plan.

This came from a SC coaching search thread on the SEC rant.....Supposedly from Travis Haney ESPN...

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren’t sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn’t fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart’s DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

I don't know if this is true or not but sounds plausible with what has happened at Auburn this year.

I think another year with WM as DC could make things interesting next year if CGM can get the offense clicking again. Defense was making great strides down the stretch. Another off season of good recruiting and coaching the defensive guys up could put us in good position should he leave after next season. If TRob were to stay and take over as DC when WM left, I think we would just continue to get better. Could be a different story if WM leaves this off season or and/or someone besides TRob takes over as DC and brings their own defensive system in. Then we could possibly be right back to where we started on defense......a mess. We shall see. We should know something before the bowl game if not sooner.

This came from a SC coaching search thread on the SEC rant.....Supposedly from Travis Haney ESPN...

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren’t sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn’t fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart’s DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

I don't know if this is true or not but sounds plausible with what has happened at Auburn this year.

I think what you have there is the same BS we hear every year before a big game or at a critical recruiting time. It's part wishful thinking and part malicious gossip from rival fans.

People close to the program and in the locker room say Gus and Muschamp get along just fine. They are on recruiting visits today, together. That doesn't sound like guys that don't get along, or like someone is considering leaving AU either.

Stay off SEC rant. You'll stay sane

Travis Haney is not a reliable source of info on Auburn.

Travis Haney is an ESPN insider. The rant was merely a vehicle that provided the full, unaltered article.

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren't sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn't fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart's DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

Travis Haney is an ESPN insider. The rant was merely a vehicle that provided the full, unaltered article.

Travis Haney, yesterday:

Travis Haney

@TravHaneyESPN

Part of story I just filed: In talking to those who know Richt, they'd still be surprised if he coached in 2016. If he does, UVA most likely

12:16 PM - 2 Dec 2015

And the admins over at Rivals have directly contradicted his characterization of Gus/Champ's relationship.

"The idea of Muschamp, who would have been a strong candidate if Spurrier retired last winter, is proving to be a predictably tough sell for Gamecocks fans. They saw him fail in the same division at a school with more resources and a more natural recruiting base, so the optics of Muschamp leading another SEC East program aren't sitting right with supporters.

And, to some extent, Muschamp has got to be wondering about the fit: If he didn't fare well in Columbia, South Carolina, where the task of rebuilding the roster is going to be a two- or three-year challenge, would he then torch any chance of being a head coach anywhere in the future?

He would perhaps be better off going to work as Smart's DC at UGA, which is a distinct possibility. This much is certain: Those who know him have said that working with Gus Malzahn at Auburn has not been a good fit. He is not expected to return there."

Travis Haney, yesterday:

Travis Haney

@TravHaneyESPN

Part of story I just filed: In talking to those who know Richt, they'd still be surprised if he coached in 2016. If he does, UVA most likely

And the admins over at Rivals have directly contradicted his characterization of Gus/Champ's relationship.

Im not familiar with his work and he may be unreliable, I'm just saying he isn't part of the rant.

And this is the reason why I don't do pay sites. Because writers like Haney seem to think they can create their own little world just to keep their subscribers happy.

nonsense like that is a regular feature on rant.

I go there for the recruiting updates and I look past the rest. And it seems like many on here does that too because I've seen topics on here that were mirrored from the rant and vice versa.

Travis Haney, yesterday:

Travis Haney

@TravHaneyESPN

Reckon Haney talked to the wrong people who "knew Richt" didn't he? :Sing:

Well, it's pretty obvious that Gus and Champ are on completely different ends of the personality spectrum, but I think that is what works for them. Champ is the bad guy that Gus either can't be or won't be. Gus can focus on the good, and Will can chew the refs a new rectum. Yin and Yang. I hope we can keep CWM for another year or two.

I go there for the recruiting updates and I look past the rest. And it seems like many on here does that too because I've seen topics on here that were mirrored from the rant and vice versa.

well the problem is too many people will read crap like that and start freaking out and then bring it over here. This whole thing reminds me of this time last year when CWM was hired as DC. There were a thousand such things proclaiming something and people would read it and have a complete meltdown.

Archived