Containment

eulessau

I thought this was best job I have ever seen Auburn do in containing an athletic quarterback. Our defensive line did an excellent job of not allowing an extremely elusive QB to break containment. I don't know how many rushing yards he had, but it wasn't many. it was a huge factor in controlling their offense. Very proud of the defensive effort. Hopefully, they turned the corner tonight.

I think I haven't seen defense as good as that since the Tuberville days. The defense was really good last night. DL, LBs, and DBs. Everyone contributed. Great game plan. Excellent execution.

It'd a great game to re-watch and pick out all the new personnel packages Muschamp employed last night. Also helped that our backers and secondary finally looked comfortable in zone coverages.

Agreed, the plan was excellent and the players executed it very well from the front four to the DBs. Murray still had 50 yards on 8 carries with the longest being 16 yards. But, I'll take that every day with a mobile QB with his abilities. Just as important was the fact that we held them to 137 yards passing with the speed and receiving abilities of Noil, Kirk, Seals-Jones and Reynolds. An all around good, (best of season?) performance by the defense. Well done by the staff and by the players. Keep improving.

Our Ends and outside backers really played well in the zone reads

Definitely agree. Not trolling here.....did Cowart and Holland play much? I just don't remember seeing those two......

Containment has been a problem for a couple years.....was really impressed with how they controlled the QB who was put in that role to take advantage of his legs. Good discipline by the DEs and LBs to keep him on the inside. Things definitely looking up.

Especially considering Brent said Murray has the best first five yard acceleration he has ever seen.

And we all know what an expert Brent is on football [/sarcasm] He didn't even seem to understand that when a ball carrier goes out of bounds, the ball gets spotted where the ball was when he steps out (or is forced out), not where the player's foot is.

Especially considering Brent said Murray has the best first five yard acceleration he has ever seen.

And we all know what an expert Brent is on football [/sarcasm] He didn't even seem to understand that when a ball carrier goes out of bounds, the ball gets spotted where the ball was when he steps out (or is forced out), not where the player's foot is.

Both of those tools were at their most insufferable, until Palmer finally realized at the end of the game that we had played really well and he had to give us credit.

The worst was when our guy got carted off the field on a stretcher, yet they would not shut up the rest of the game about how worried they were about Kyler Murray.

Archived