I tell you one problem on here

cole256

Stop recruiting kids who have to be sold on Auburn and start recruiting kids who have never wanted to play anywhere else. We may take a dip in the recruiting rankings but the players will be much more coachable and far fewer of them will be prima donnas. All the talent in the world will not win as long as everyone has their own individual goals. We don't need all these "guns for hire". That's what happened with Duke and Jovon Robinson (and probably others)...we need kids who are committed to Auburn.

These type of posts make me laugh

Well that's atleast 1 time Cole and I agree on something ;D/>

Don't worry I screenshot this and it's on file :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one are you?

I am a Sunshine Pumper.

And he was talking about me so which one am I?

You are a Holier-Than-Thou.

I agree with your point on the talent issues. We have a lot of good players, but very few if any great players. It took actual game experience to figure this out. Many were fooled. Most of Auburn's Pre-Season All-SEC selections will not be post-season All-SEC selections.

Ok so I'm in the middle, no sunshine pump but I'm not a boo bird either...that's about where I'd hope to be. And yes that's what I'm saying along with some may get there, I'd go as far as to say some probably will get there but if we'd stop making SW the best in the SEC before he's shown that then maybe if he doesn't reach that people wouldn't implode when he makes some mistakes

When reading posts on this or similar sites, remember the old adage: "Those who talk don't know, and those who know don't talk"

I have been an AU fan for 58 years,been through every emotion possible. The only coach I ever wanted fired was Barfield

I don't have 58 years of fandom but I also wanted Barfield gone and after meeting Tot a couple of times. I wanted him gone also.

You always seem to make claims that few if any people made as though everyone made them.

This bears repeating. We have three types on this forum: Boo Birds, Holier-Than-Thous, and Sunshine Pumpers. This forum was fun right up until 3:30pm EDT on September 5th.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a fourth type. Some of the posters are so far over the top with their gripes and attacks on the players and coaches, I can't help but to wonder if they are Auburn fans at all. I wonder if they are simply troll bulldogs or turds trying to stoke hate and discontent.

As a Father of a girl recruited Div 1 as a gymnast, I can tell you that I went on to blogs like these to help get an insight into the program and the type of fans at the school and advised my daughter according to my research (not only blogs but other inputs as well).

Comments on sites like this one has more impact on recruiting than most people think.

I know the moderators are supposed to be watching for trolls. I'm sure it is not easy without offending true Auburn fans.

Perhaps some of the moderators would like to comment on the possibilities of trolls on this site.

I submit there IS a fourth type...

and at A Day 2013 I was around about 80,000 of em...

The Realistic yet still Optimistic ones who will NEVER Yield, and above all else LOVE Auburn.

I am not as old as some of the other guy's but grew up in the 70's as a young fan who most every one in my family went to Auburn... I don't remember a whole lot of wins back then until Coach Dye and some guy named Bo came along and BOY did things change, and I remember very few other Auburn fans back then... I think there may have been two or three in my class and I think their parents went to Auburn too.

Times have sure changed... but one thing that hasn't and has only gotten better, is that win or lose, it is always GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger.

I believe it is an honor to be a part of this family,

and I will forever be thankful that I was taken to those Auburn games by my father at Jordan Hare stadium during the 70's... and I got to see the Wramblin Wreck Tech parade... Toomers Corner... those things and that atmosphere that has made such a strong impression on me to this day, and at times like these...

and I am thankful I was able to share that same Love for Auburn with my Daughter through the triumph of 2010... and also the low of 2012... so then for her to be a part of A Day WITH me in 2013 and not only show her... but for HER to see and understand with her eyes and her own heart what Auburn Spirit is truly about...

My God I love Auburn. NOT just football... Auburn.

I still tear up when the Eagle flies... when the band plays at the beginning of the game on the field... I don't know why, but I do...

I love those kids who play because they play for Auburn. I love those coaches because they Coach for Auburn... I love the other fans and Alumni because they are family.

And I must say, I know it's a business and I know that there may be a coach that may or may not be here sometime... But I think we are headed in the absolute RIGHT direction, and I am thankful a MAN like Coach Malzhan is our coach... who not only coaches, but leads our athletes to be better men, and not just better players... I think he started to lay the foundation for our offense and whole TEAM to be better a few years ago... and I am glad Coach Muschamp is back now too, and I think he is laying the foundation, tearing down and building up what will become a consistent SEC defense.

I guess this is my 50th post, so I don't post a lot... probably never will.

but I do enjoy being able to come on here and read about the team I love... to find out who is playing, who is injured or when they may come back... I will see what everybody else thinks, but I will make up my own mind, always have my own opinions, and try to remain optimistic (and maybe just a bit of a sunshine pumper)...

Thanks for those of you who do post on this forum,

even the ones I may not agree with... without variety, differing opinions and without the ones posting most often...it would be boring, and there wouldn't be a forum for us to come to and read either...

maybe in 5 more years or so I'll make it to 100 posts... who knows, I might be able to one day even START an Optimistic thread...

War Eagle.

Stop recruiting kids who have to be sold on Auburn and start recruiting kids who have never wanted to play anywhere else. We may take a dip in the recruiting rankings but the players will be much more coachable and far fewer of them will be prima donnas. All the talent in the world will not win as long as everyone has their own individual goals. We don't need all these "guns for hire". That's what happened with Duke and Jovon Robinson (and probably others)...we need kids who are committed to Auburn.

YEAH!! Thats what our team needs on the roster for sure. More message board posters and less elite high school athletes.

YEAH!! Thats what our team needs on the roster for sure. More message board posters and less elite high school athletes.

:roflol::laugh:

:roflol::laugh:

Yeah it reminded me of myself when I played in high school. I wasn't big, but I made up for it by being slow. Huge Auburn fan though!

Yes, a lot of unjustified hype on the part of people who've seen a game or so on TV. Btu what I do find aggravating is the fact that our coaches had access to these players for 9 months and should have known who was capable and who was willing and who was not. Yet they proceeded as if the media hype was real, no matter what their eyes had to be telling them. They had to have known JJ wasn't capable of running that offense adequately. And they knew Duke was a hothead and troublemaker. Even avfter his bar fight they intended keeping him on the team until a player called their hadn on it.

Fans' getting overly optimistic is something we simply need to learn to tolerate. Coaches being blind to what's in front of them is not something we should tolerate.

I'm kind of concerned with the fact our best QB, RB, and CB started off as backups to start the season

In the FWIW column, I think we came into the season believing we had solid players in most positions & 3 difference-makers who could make the team great--Carl, JJ, & Duke. Who could have possibly seen what was going to happen with those 3? The SEC is just so tough that without those difference-makers we lose close games to Ark & MSU. With them we're likely 6-1 & in the thick of things. Without them our coaches had to change course unexpectedly after the season had begun. The offense is obviously now getting better & might just become potent by season's end (would have been Saturday if we could catch). The D... well, not only has Carl been out, but about the time Tre Williams was coming on, he got hurt, which is big b/c our LB play is just poor. The DBs are better, the D line seems better (not great), but how I hope that Tre & Holland will become good LBs b/c we've not had good LB play in so long. All of which means I pretty much agree with Cole. I especially agree about those who start yelling for a coaching change the minute something goes awry.

^Whose fault is it that JJ played poorly and Duke had attitude problems? It all boils down to poor coaching and a lack of control within the program. Judging by some things I've seen, stuff is going to come out after the season.

I really don't care about the excuses. We have underachieved two years in a row. I don't really care about what happens next year (I don't see it being any better), Gus is not a good coach, period.

/rant

Good post Cole. Like some have already stated, I don't get blaming players. They are kids, young men at best.

Also as previously stated, coaches are paid well enough to accept some blame. But to expect coaches to know how some will perform when the lights come on is unrealistic. I played with guys that light it up in practice, but simply cannot perform in a game. As a coach, only game history tells you that. It is what it is. You simply must give them a chance to know.

So, where does that leave us? Is player development a factor? Strength and conditioning? Did we over estimate player talent? Under estimate player football IQ?Get excited about stars? Or could it be play calling? Lack of execution from guys not ready for prime time? I say some of each. It happens. As a new coach I expect Gus to learn from all of this.

As fans and adults we must be able to handle that emotionally and deal with it. WDE.

You always seem to make claims that few if any people made as though everyone made them. For example, SW. Who expected him to come in and be an instant all star? I would say he has progressed as well as could be expected. Anyone who expected much more is unrealistic.

Barber isn't what he was hyped to be? He was a 3 star and not even a starter at the beginning of the year who has exceeded expectations.

You make some good points, but some of your stuff just seems made up. I think you hear one or two people say it and then act like it's a common opinion.

Agree. I saw many people on here who ruled Barber out from the jump being the potential starter. I was one of a few thought he could and should be the starter. All the talk and hype was about Jovon and Roc. Who knows it could've been Jovon if he didn't get hurt.

My biggest disappointment has been the DL by far. I didn't expect them to be dominant but i sure as heck didn't expect much of the same we had last year and depending so heavily on one player to make or break our DL. Some of the same could be said about the LBs. I thought we'd get more solid play from them but other than Tre and Justin we look very slow.

We definitely bought into the hype of being a top ten team for sure. I wasn't completely sold that we would meet tOSU in the NC game like the national media was, but I never thought we couldn't field a top 25 team, either. That is probably my disappointment.

+1

Archived