This loss is on Muschamp.

AUIH1

This loss is not on Muschamp. He doesn't have a magic wand to wave over Frost and McKinzy to suddenly make them the NFL-caliber talent they are in their own minds. He has no spell he can cast over the DL to suddenly make them dominant. He needs players, and as he's readily admitted, to change the culture of the unit. Both of those things do not happen overnight. It's a process. Unfortunately for you, it's going to take awhile to undo the damage that the Chizik regime did to this unit. Ellis Johnson couldn't and it cost him his job. I think Muschamp is a serious upgrade over EJ, but he can't do it in one off-season. Unbelievable...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WM was overrated during his first tenure at AU and istill is vastly overrated .

We have dropped passes for years. There is no accountability. Craig has not done a great job .

For years? Really? Sammy Coates is still dropping passes in the NFL. Who else are you pointing towards to justify this?

Every receiver drops passes, just like every QB misses passes. Can't blame it all on the coaches. Not sure it makes much sense to blame all of everything on anyone. I will agree with folks saying the drops were bad -- really bad. I'll also agree that they probably were a huge factor in costing us the game. But what's the point of placing the blame on any one person?

I agree with these sentiments. I just don't understand how we as a fanbase can lay that on the feet of the coaches. The coaches can't catch the ball for you. You can practice in front of receiving machine all week, but if you don't have sure hands, the amount of practice won't matter. I think of people like Darvin Adams and Emory Blake who were sure handed receivers. Great technique, catching the ball with their hands and great hand to eye coordination. I think the biggest problem with Auburn is that we have a lot of athletes playing positions. Sammy Coates is an athlete playing receiver. RL is an athlete playing receiver. They don't come off as your atypical receivers. They really don't. All the athletic ability in the world can't give you the hand-eye coordination of a Jordan Matthews.

Agreed.

And maybe if they do want to blame the coaches, then it should be on that aspect. Placing people in the right team position to excel. Shoot even KF. Guy tries really hard, but he is not a natural LB. He is not. He is an athlete, who someone decided to place at LB. Darren Bates was a kid, who didn't have the size or even the best technique, but dang it he had the instinct to get his helmet to the ball. I can't explain it. It is what it is.

We have dropped passes for years. There is no accountability. Craig has not done a great job .

For years? Really? Sammy Coates is still dropping passes in the NFL. Who else are you pointing towards to justify this?

Every receiver drops passes, just like every QB misses passes. Can't blame it all on the coaches. Not sure it makes much sense to blame all of everything on anyone. I will agree with folks saying the drops were bad -- really bad. I'll also agree that they probably were a huge factor in costing us the game. But what's the point of placing the blame on any one person?

I agree with these sentiments. I just don't understand how we as a fanbase can lay that on the feet of the coaches. The coaches can't catch the ball for you. You can practice in front of receiving machine all week, but if you don't have sure hands, the amount of practice won't matter. I think of people like Darvin Adams and Emory Blake who were sure handed receivers. Great technique, catching the ball with their hands and great hand to eye coordination. I think the biggest problem with Auburn is that we have a lot of athletes playing positions. Sammy Coates is an athlete playing receiver. RL is an athlete playing receiver. They don't come off as your atypical receivers. They really don't. All the athletic ability in the world can't give you the hand-eye coordination of a Jordan Matthews.

Agreed.

We have players recruited by every other SEC school. They are not executing. Period. Blame who you want, but the coaches are responsible. The players ARE NOT executing. The coaches ARE responsible.

This loss isn't on Muschamo, this is on the previous staff for coaching some of these players into the ground. Kris Frost just doesn't have the football IQ to be a good linebacker and a multitude of others have absolutely terrible habits. I believe we will pick up slack in coming years with recruits who fit scheme and will be coached well.

Have you seen this years recruiting class? Currently about the worst in the last 15 years...

Oh, you mean in terms of stars? You're a star gazer...lol. Our best defensive player was a 3*.

Agreed.

We have players recruited by every other SEC school. They are not executing. Period. Blame who you want, but the coaches are responsible. The players ARE NOT executing. The coaches ARE responsible.

I don't want to blame anyone.

I want the coaches to coach and the players to play to the best of their abilities. I want Auburn to win every game. But I don't feel the need to blame anyone when we lose. Must not compute for some folks.

Agreed.

Well, of course, the coaches have to take responsibility since they are getting paid to coach but to blame a coach for simple mistakes that high school players could make is asinine IMO. If, we were running sloppy routes, not holding blocks and everyone was catching the ball with their pads that would be different.

This loss is not on Muschamp. He doesn't have a magic wand to wave over Frost and McKinzy to suddenly make them the NFL-caliber talent they are in their own minds. He has no spell he can cast over the DL to suddenly make them dominant. He needs players, and as he's readily admitted, to change the culture of the unit. Both of those things do not happen overnight. It's a process. Unfortunately for you, it's going to take awhile to undo the damage that the Chizik regime did to this unit. Ellis Johnson couldn't and it cost him his job. I think Muschamp is a serious upgrade over EJ, but he can't do it in one off-season. Unbelievable...

ll

You obviously have not read my previous posts regarding Will Muschamp. I believe Will Muschamp to be a very good DC and the best hire Gus could have made after Gus fired (deservedly) Ellis Johnson after last season. Yes our D recruiting and coaching has sucked (especially on the DL) but in terms of TODAY's loss...that totally falls on the D,

Now when you start shaving, get back with me.

ll

You obviously have not read my previous posts regarding Will Muschamp. I believe Will Muschamp to be a very good DC and the best hire Gus could have made after Gus fired (deservedly) Ellis Johnson after last season. Yes our D recruiting and coaching has sucked (especially on the DL) but in terms of TODAY's loss...that totally falls on the D,

What should he have done differently then?

This team was not very opportunistic today. 8 dropped passes, 4 missed takeaways, 16 yds of offense in 1st Qtr while surrendering about 116. They didn't take advantage of numerous opportunities and didn't make any of their own. They played well enough to win an SEC road game but didn't find a way to make it happen. IMO the defense looked much better after the 1st Qtr and into OT. Multiple OT's will drain most any defense. Many times the drain carries into the next week's game so Negative Nancies Beware!

Agreed.

I want the coaches to coach and the players to play to the best of their abilities. I want Auburn to win every game. But I don't feel the need to blame anyone when we lose. Must not compute for some folks.

Agree I just want to win. Don't care about what went wrong one particular game just care about getting better and fixing things one game at a time

Agreed.

Agree I just want to win. Don't care about what went wrong one particular game just care about getting better and fixing things one game at a time

I expect the coaches and players feel the same way. At least, I hope so.

War Eagle!

ll

I think you could blame muschamp if he had come in here with a somewhat decent defense. However, he came here and took over a defense with no foundation what so ever. Recruiting and coach on that side of the ball has been horrible. How many players on our defense would be starting for any other sec team.

This loss is on our WRs and ALL of the drops they had. I've been come to the reality that our defense is what it is this year; it's not going to change...period. The defense did a decent job after Arky scored 14 points because i thought we were about to get blown out in the 1st half. Ricardo did step up to help put the game in over time but we need our WRs to step up and help Sean out. Passes were not perfect in some of those drop situations but they have to help the QB out. We catch half of those dropped passes...it's a win IMO.

Nothing that happens this season on defense is on Muschamp. NOTHING. He inherited a defense that's been terrible for 7 years. It's not going to be fixed over night and its definitely not going to be fixed in any one game. Anybody that thinks this is on Muschamp is showing their low football iq.

Agree. He'll have some responsibility but not much in my eyes. This upcoming recruiting class is very critical for our defense.

Muschamp is playing a bunch of freshman, so I think it's too early to blame him.

id at least play Tre over frost and Dinson over jones, cowart still doesn't look like he's used to the speed yet, Holland will be a good one as well. Letting upper classmen who continually mess up stay on the field irks me.

All the younger guys are outplaying the older guys. Good for our future but sucks right now.

Frost is the worst player on defense we have yet he was out there for 99% of the snaps. I have no clue how he stays on the field. I swear if you go back and watch the game again and concentrate on him it will make your head explode!! In the OTs he was consistently in the wrong spot and his responsibility scores almost all of their points in OT. Only the Arkys last OT possession TD wasn't on him. The 2 pt conversion was on him. He seems to like to stay in no mans land where he does absolutely nothing.

He has the will and desire; just not the instincts needed to play LB.

30 points and 430 yds a game on the season by the D makes it tough on the O. Dropped passes today were big but don't get the D off the hook. We ran 86 plays to Ark's 81.

This loss isn't on Muschamo, this is on the previous staff for coaching some of these players into the ground. Kris Frost just doesn't have the football IQ to be a good linebacker and a multitude of others have absolutely terrible habits. I believe we will pick up slack in coming years with recruits who fit scheme and will be coached well.

Have you seen this years recruiting class? Currently about the worst in the last 15 years...

Its October and we have half the "I mighy play for you" recruits that everyone else does. I have seen this so many years and by the time ink hits the paper AU pulls a top ten class.

Just saying... Anyone bringing up our recruiting rankings in October is just wanting everything to whine about

Archived