This loss is on Muschamp.

AUIH1

We lost a hard-fought game, and our first reaction (I say 'our' out of politeness) is to look for someone to blame?!

Why, oh why, are so many Auburn fans so damn negative?!

:dunno:/>

Cause they buy into the hype and don't realize that AU and Arkansas are current equals.

Not quite. Arkansas is better after today.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defense did enough when an offense sputtered. Held them to 357 yds in regulation and 24 pts. If we catch some balls in regulation, there's no OT. If we catch two passes in the last OT, the game still might be going.

And anyone that thinks bad defense this year is on Muschamp is a complete and utter moron that should be banned from every watching football again. They literally have zero clue about anything that happens out there. My 10 year old daughter that basically just understands that we need more points than the other team has as much understanding as such a person.

Not blaming this year on Muschamp at all. This year is 100% on Gus. This game is on Muschamp. The O put this game in OT after the D failed and the O gave the D an 8 point lead in OT. Once again, the D failed. That is on Muschamp.

wde

Nope. Dumb post. Still expecting miracles in 7 games from a program that has 6 years of poor defensive play and recent years of bad DL recruiting.

Act like you understand football.

Who is expecting miracles? I am only wanting simple competency. Once again, I am referencing this particular game. Yes, we have had years of piss poor DL coaching and recruiting.

wde

The defense did enough when an offense sputtered. Held them to 357 yds in regulation and 24 pts. If we catch some balls in regulation, there's no OT. If we catch two passes in the last OT, the game still might be going.

And anyone that thinks bad defense this year is on Muschamp is a complete and utter moron that should be banned from every watching football again. They literally have zero clue about anything that happens out there. My 10 year old daughter that basically just understands that we need more points than the other team has as much understanding as such a person.

Not blaming this year on Muschamp at all. This year is 100% on Gus. This game is on Muschamp. The O put this game in OT after the D failed and the O gave the D an 8 point lead in OT. Once again, the D failed. That is on Muschamp.

wde

Nope. Dumb post. Still expecting miracles in 7 games from a program that has 6 years of poor defensive play and recent years of bad DL recruiting.

Who is expecting miracles? I am only wanting simple competency. Once again, I am referencing this particular game. Yes, we have had years of piss poor DL coaching and recruiting.

wde

Even this game isn't solely on CWM....not even close.

wde

wde

Even this game isn't solely on CWM....not even close.

Not soley. I agree. But the O gave the D the chance to win the game at the end and the D failed.

wde

This is on coach Craig and the recievers .. Not champ. Not Gus... Dumb thread

This, if you're going to blame a coach, makes more sense.

Except, really, what can the coach do? If it hits them in the hands, they're supposed to make the catch! I wouldn't lay that on CDC. (And, yes, I realize you said 'if'.)

wde

wde

And while we have gotten better, it's still ridiculous to hang this on Muschamp given what he inherited.

Honest question? How is it on coach Craig? He can't catch the balls for the players? It would be different if the guys were running sloppy routes or not being able to block on running downs. However, the drop passes was an execution issue. Not a coaching issue.

We only had 16 yards of Offense until midway through the second down 14-0. People seem to forget that. Wouldn't have been the case if not for the drops.

Honest question? How is it on coach Craig? He can't catch the balls for the players? It would be different if the guys were running sloppy routes or not being able to block on running downs. However, the drop passes was an execution issue. Not a coaching issue.

Yep.

We only had 16 yards of Offense until midway through the second down 14-0. People seem to forget that. Wouldn't have been the case if not for the drops.

Oh, absolutely! The drops were insane and horrible!

This, if you're going to blame a coach, makes more sense.

Sorry but I didn't realize Craig had eligibility left and was out there running routes. Bottom line is the defense got gassed and we dropped too many passes. That's why we lost. Arkansas has played every team they have face strong but just has not finished. Today we got the bad luck. And as far as the play calling in the last OT don't be a freaking idiot. 2 catchable balls were not caught in the end zone as well as the last play of the game.

We have dropped passes for years. There is no accountability. Craig has not done a great job .

For years? Really? Sammy Coates is still dropping passes in the NFL. Who else are you pointing towards to justify this?

Nothing that happens this season on defense is on Muschamp. NOTHING. He inherited a defense that's been terrible for 7 years. It's not going to be fixed over night and its definitely not going to be fixed in any one game. Anybody that thinks this is on Muschamp is showing their low football iq.

You had been pretty loud against the hire, so this coming from you is somewhat surprising.

We have dropped passes for years. There is no accountability. Craig has not done a great job .

For years? Really? Sammy Coates is still dropping passes in the NFL. Who else are you pointing towards to justify this?

Every receiver drops passes, just like every QB misses passes. Can't blame it all on the coaches. Not sure it makes much sense to blame all of everything on anyone. I will agree with folks saying the drops were bad -- really bad. I'll also agree that they probably were a huge factor in costing us the game. But what's the point of placing the blame on any one person?

Nothing is going to fix this defense but recruiting. Let's see how many losses you put on the defense 3 years from now when he gets to put his players on the field. He's doing all he can with what he has to work with. We just don't have the players especially up front.

Anyone else see that picture of Lawson bending over in frustration in the tunnel? You can tel how bad the guy wants to be out there, he's hurting for Auburn man. I hope we get him back, that could be a season changer

Coates Stevens Louis. Guys coates could catch a football on fire in a hurricane but not a ten yard drag...same for the others. And I know there are plenty more examples

Either way it does not matter what anyone here says. The receivers lost this dam game. Ot does not happen if the catches are made.

Every receiver drops passes, just like every QB misses passes. Can't blame it all on the coaches. Not sure it makes much sense to blame all of everything on anyone. I will agree with folks saying the drops were bad -- really bad. I'll also agree that they probably were a huge factor in costing us the game. But what's the point of placing the blame on any one person?

I agree with these sentiments. I just don't understand how we as a fanbase can lay that on the feet of the coaches. The coaches can't catch the ball for you. You can practice in front of receiving machine all week, but if you don't have sure hands, the amount of practice won't matter. I think of people like Darvin Adams and Emory Blake who were sure handed receivers. Great technique, catching the ball with their hands and great hand to eye coordination. I think the biggest problem with Auburn is that we have a lot of athletes playing positions. Sammy Coates is an athlete playing receiver. RL is an athlete playing receiver. They don't come off as your atypical receivers. They really don't. All the athletic ability in the world can't give you the hand-eye coordination of a Jordan Matthews.

Coates Stevens Louis. Guys coates could catch a football on fire in a hurricane but not a ten yard drag...same for the others. And I know there are plenty more examples

Either way it does not matter what anyone here says. The receivers lost this dam game. Ot does not happen if the catches are made.

The team lost the game. That's the reality. It's just ignoble to look to lay it on one person or small group. If they want to take it on themselves, fine. But why on earth are we trying to pin it on them (or someone)? It's the worst part of the Auburn family.

I agree with these sentiments. I just don't understand how we as a fanbase can lay that on the feet of the coaches. The coaches can't catch the ball for you. You can practice in front of receiving machine all week, but if you don't have sure hands, the amount of practice won't matter. I think of people like Darvin Adams and Emory Blake who were sure handed receivers. Great technique, catching the ball with their hands and great hand to eye coordination. I think the biggest problem with Auburn is that we have a lot of athletes playing positions. Sammy Coates is an athlete playing receiver. RL is an athlete playing receiver. They don't come off as your atypical receivers. They really don't. All the athletic ability in the world can't give you the hand-eye coordination of a Jordan Matthews.

Agreed.

Archived