This loss is on Muschamp.

AUIH1

For all you guys calling for Lashley's head and Craig for OC, I've seen better receiver play at the Pop Warner level. Craig is a great recruiter and players guy. As a coach he is a liability. How else can you explain this receiving corp being this bad? Muschamp's defense was mediocre but good enough to win. Sean White was nothing less than spectacular. You don't win in junior high with 11 drops. Certainly not in the SEC west.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp is playing a bunch of freshman, so I think it's too early to blame him.

I am not blaming this sucky season on Muschamp, I am blaming this game on him. Muschamp has proven to be a very good DC, but his unit wet the bed when it counted today.

wde

Muschamp is playing a bunch of freshman, so I think it's too early to blame him.

I am not blaming this sucky season on Muschamp, I am blaming this game on him. Muschamp has proven to be a very good DC, but his unit wet the bed when it counted today.

wde

Actually 8 dropped passes in the first quarter wet the bed as well. You can't put this all on the defense.

Nothing that happens this season on defense is on Muschamp. NOTHING. He inherited a defense that's been terrible for 7 years. It's not going to be fixed over night and its definitely not going to be fixed in any one game. Anybody that thinks this is on Muschamp is showing their low football iq.

The defense did enough when an offense sputtered. Held them to 357 yds in regulation and 24 pts. If we catch some balls in regulation, there's no OT. If we catch two passes in the last OT, the game still might be going.

And anyone that thinks bad defense this year is on Muschamp is a complete and utter moron that should be banned from every watching football again. They literally have zero clue about anything that happens out there. My 10 year old daughter that basically just understands that we need more points than the other team has as much understanding as such a person.

I don't blame a coach for the loss and am even willing to give Arky some credit for playing a good game.

What really bothers me however is why our DEs don't have the discipline to protect the edges. People run around our ends with impunity...don't even need a blocker to lead the way because the DEs repeatedly take themselves out of the play.

id at least play Tre over frost and Dinson over jones, cowart still doesn't look like he's used to the speed yet, Holland will be a good one as well. Letting upper classmen who continually mess up stay on the field irks me.

I just hope the team comes back and responds next week. Defense played better in regulation than against UK IMO. If the offense produced like a CGM offense in years past we would be 6-1 right now.

Frost is the worst player on defense we have yet he was out there for 99% of the snaps. I have no clue how he stays on the field. I swear if you go back and watch the game again and concentrate on him it will make your head explode!! In the OTs he was consistently in the wrong spot and his responsibility scores almost all of their points in OT. Only the Arkys last OT possession TD wasn't on him. The 2 pt conversion was on him. He seems to like to stay in no mans land where he does absolutely nothing.

I just hope the team comes back and responds next week. Defense played better in regulation than against UK IMO. If the offense produced like a CGM offense in years past we would be 6-1 right now.

What gets me is Auburn, like everyone watching are home, knows Arky's playbook. Downhill runs and tightend passes, yet no one on the D would cover on stinkin' tightend...

I don't know if it's coaching or player ineptitude at this point.

What gets me is Auburn, like everyone watching are home, knows Arky's playbook. Downhill runs and tightend passes, yet no one on the D would cover on stinkin' tightend...

I don't know if it's coaching or player ineptitude at this point.

Most people know Tom Brady is going to throw to Gronk every chance he gets but good luck stopping it.

The defense did enough when an offense sputtered. Held them to 357 yds in regulation and 24 pts. If we catch some balls in regulation, there's no OT. If we catch two passes in the last OT, the game still might be going.

And anyone that thinks bad defense this year is on Muschamp is a complete and utter moron that should be banned from every watching football again. They literally have zero clue about anything that happens out there. My 10 year old daughter that basically just understands that we need more points than the other team has as much understanding as such a person.

Not blaming this year on Muschamp at all. This year is 100% on Gus. This game is on Muschamp. The O put this game in OT after the D failed and the O gave the D an 8 point lead in OT. Once again, the D failed. That is on Muschamp.

wde

Nothing that happens this season on defense is on Muschamp. NOTHING. He inherited a defense that's been terrible for 7 years. It's not going to be fixed over night and its definitely not going to be fixed in any one game. Anybody that thinks this is on Muschamp is showing their low football iq.

Finally a voice of reason rises in this ocean of doom and gloom. :yes:

Not blaming this year on Muschamp at all. This year is 100% on Gus. This game is on Muschamp. The O put this game in OT after the D failed and the O gave the D an 8 point lead in OT. Once again, the D failed. That is on Muschamp.

wde

The defense and dropped passes on offense are the reasons the game even went to OT.

wde

Nope. Dumb post. Still expecting miracles in 7 games from a program that has 6 years of poor defensive play and recent years of bad DL recruiting.

Act like you understand football.

We lost a hard-fought game, and our first reaction (I say 'our' out of politeness) is to look for someone to blame?!

Why, oh why, are so many Auburn fans so damn negative?!

:dunno:

We lost a hard-fought game, and our first reaction (I say 'our' out of politeness) is to look for someone to blame?!

:dunno:/>

Not being negative laying blame at the feet of those at fault. The recievers.

Cause they buy into the hype and don't realize that AU and Arkansas are current equals.

Because there's no post game thread :P first game in forever I don't think we've had one.

Archived