Bernie Sanders on Income Inequality, Disappearing Middle Class..

DKW 86

No. Being responsible doesn't mean crushing austerity. That is a straw man.

It wasn't a straw man, it was a question. (And I didn't say "crushing".)

You seem to have a basic aversion to Keynesian policies, so what do you call your preferred strategy?

Fiscal Sanity. Look at it like this: Keynesianism with the Pay Back after the Economy starts rolling. Problem is that we NEVER do that. DC just takes the tax revenues that start growing and piss them all away on pet projects or paying off donors, etc. We never get back into the Black. We did in 1998 with Gingrich and the Boys in the HOR. Then we ran him off, installed Hastert and Bush43 and blew it all on mindless spending. Republicans ONLY TALK about Fiscal Sanity. They do not do it. The Dems are now like Krugman et al. They dont even pay it lip service unless it is to criticize Bush43 and the Reps and then they go and do the exact same things and write crapola like Reich and Krugman do to support their mindless spending. We just have one party in DC. The Party of OPMoney.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem to have a basic aversion to Keynesian policies, so what do you call your preferred strategy?

Fiscal Sanity. Look at it like this: Keynesianism with the Pay Back after the Economy starts rolling. Problem is that we NEVER do that. DC just takes the tax revenues that start growing and piss them all away on pet projects or paying off donors, etc. We never get back into the Black. We did in 1998 with Gingrich and the Boys in the HOR. Then we ran him off, installed Hastert and Bush43 and blew it all on mindless spending. Republicans ONLY TALK about Fiscal Sanity. They do not do it. The Dems are now like Krugman et al. They dont even pay it lip service unless it is to criticize Bush43 and the Reps and then they go and do the exact same things and write crapola like Reich and Krugman do to support their mindless spending. We just have one party in DC. The Party of OPMoney.

I don't think Reich and Krugman are advocating "mindless spending". I think they are advocating pretty much what you say you are.

I don't think Reich and Krugman are advocating "mindless spending". I think they are advocating pretty much what you say you are.

Then you are wrong. Krugman and Reich are straight forwardly NEVER paying the debt down because in their eyes it is something that does not matter. In Krugman's eyes, hell, debt is almost a virtue. We ran America and fought wars, etc for decades without any real LONG TERM debt. Now we are covered in it and have these foolish ideas that it is meaningless.

SHORT TERM DEBT CAN BE A "GOOD" OR A "BENEFIT."

LONG TERM DEBT IS ALWAYS A BAD AND/OR A HAZARD WAITING TO BITE US IN THE BUTT SOME DAY IN THE FUTURE.

Look, i want the benefits of our economy. We are the richest nation in the world. We can do Healthcare for all. We can do something profound for Student Debt, either make college tuition free or discounted, etc. BUT we must pay as we go. We cannot just whip out the Krugman/Reich/Bush/Hastert/Reid/Pelosi/Obama/Reagan Credit Card and mindlessly keep borrowing.

Then you are wrong. Krugman and Reich are straight forwardly NEVER paying the debt down because in their eyes it is something that does not matter. In Krugman's eyes, hell, debt is almost a virtue. We ran America and fought wars, etc for decades without any real LONG TERM debt. Now we are covered in it and have these foolish ideas that it is meaningless.

SHORT TERM DEBT CAN BE A "GOOD" OR A "BENEFIT."

LONG TERM DEBT IS ALWAYS A BAD AND/OR A HAZARD WAITING TO BITE US IN THE BUTT SOME DAY IN THE FUTURE.

Look, i want the benefits of our economy. We are the richest nation in the world. We can do Healthcare for all. We can do something profound for Student Debt, either make college tuition free or discounted, etc. BUT we must pay as we go. We cannot just whip out the Krugman/Reich/Bush/Hastert/Reid/Pelosi/Obama/Reagan Credit Card and mindlessly keep borrowing.

I will not state the you are unequivocally wrong but, I belief you are wrong. I believe you tend to embrace absolutes, and narratives, and suppositions far too easily. Unless you have spoken to Reich and/or Krugman, I doubt you could possibly be so declarative and, still be correct.

I belief both are extremely intelligent and, see Keynesian policy for what it is. Are either perfect? Of course not. Do you expect perfection from anyone? Should you build narratives based on,,,, imperfection means perfectly imperfect.

I will not state the you are unequivocally wrong but, I belief you are wrong. I believe you tend to embrace absolutes, and narratives, and suppositions far too easily. Unless you have spoken to Reich and/or Krugman, I doubt you could possibly be so declarative and, still be correct.

I belief both are extremely intelligent and, see Keynesian policy for what it is. Are either perfect? Of course not. Do you expect perfection from anyone? Should you build narratives based on,,,, imperfection means perfectly imperfect.

Please tell me where, if ever, Reich and Krugman have ever advocated Paying off PUBLIC Debt.

When have either ever advocated just balancing the budget?

Archived