coaches and practice

aubiefifty

i remember once kevin greene said dyes practices were so hard that when he got to the pro's it was like a vacation. something similar anyway. for those of you in the know i just was wondering if anyone ever passed dye in the toughest practice category?

Let me guess. They walked to practice barefoot in the snow uphill both ways. Yea yea yea....LOL. Men smoked nonfilters then boys

Practice is nothing the old days you should have seen some of Shug's. Broken legs and still practice.

Different mentality in those days.

yep for sure thank god

Let me guess. They walked to practice barefoot in the snow uphill both ways. Yea yea yea....LOL. Men smoked nonfilters then boys

Close smoked Lucky Strikes before practice and had Schlitz beer after. It was cheaper then PBR back then

Not that I experienced it, cause I'm not 100, but Golf saw a much tougher generation in general. Everyone in the country is a damn softy now, though not all of it's bad. Players are much safer now, but sometimes safety is placed above effectiveness.

A LOT more is known about training for football success now. Training different positions differently would seem common sense but you could see 300 lb linemen doing pre game hurdlers stretches not long ago. Everywhere. The military training model has historically been fundamental in football, it was bootcamp...go as hard as you can for as long as you can. The Junction Boys shows how even that old drunk Bryant learned the difference between training vs. working out. Dye had a epiphany it seems when our FB died after a brutally hot practice, from a heart defect. Football caught up with science and liability premiums forced a wake up call. It's still a brutal, violent, painful sport but at least at the top programs everything has a thought-through, long term training purpose. Heck, in high school ball in the 1970s we chewed tobacco because it kept you from feeling thirsty - coaches said wimps got water between those water breaks when they handed us salt tablets.

A LOT more is known about training for football success now. Training different positions differently would seem common sense but you could see 300 lb linemen doing pre game hurdlers stretches not long ago. Everywhere. The military training model has historically been fundamental in football, it was bootcamp...go as hard as you can for as long as you can. The Junction Boys shows how even that old drunk Bryant learned the difference between training vs. working out. Dye had a epiphany it seems when our FB died after a brutally hot practice, from a heart defect. Football caught up with science and liability premiums forced a wake up call. It's still a brutal, violent, painful sport but at least at the top programs everything has a thought-through, long term training purpose. Heck, in high school ball in the 1970s we chewed tobacco because it kept you from feeling thirsty - coaches said wimps got water between those water breaks when they handed us salt tablets.

How did chewing tobacco work out when you were running the ball and you got tackled and swallowed the whole pinch?

How did chewing tobacco work out when you were running the ball and you got tackled and swallowed the whole pinch?

Did it all the time...heck even had Red Man, Queen Bee, etc.. available at practice...just had to be careful

Did it all the time...heck even had Red Man, Queen Bee, etc.. available at practice...just had to be careful

Yall are bigger men than I am then. If I swallowed any signifigant amount of tobacco juice, I'm hiccuping and burning up.

Archived