coach golloway

i was desturbed to read that coach gallowy had a huge cussing hissy fit when playing alabama in auburn because the bama coachs asked why the batting cage was locked. then we preceded to get our behinds handed to us. can anyone elaberate on this? i read it this morning on an older article that i think was on al.com. my memory is bad because of meds i have to take. i love auburn and would hate to think anyone was making auburn look bad. am i making too much of this? i am def not a bummer fan but this bothered me.can anyone tell me what happened or if they told him behind the scenes that that sort of thing will not be tolerated? i had huge hopes for this guy but not at the expense of our reputation as family. thanx

i was desturbed to read that coach gallowy had a huge cussing hissy fit when playing alabama in auburn because the bama coachs asked why the batting cage was locked. then we preceded to get our behinds handed to us. can anyone elaberate on this? i read it this morning on an older article that i think was on al.com. my memory is bad because of meds i have to take. i love auburn and would hate to think anyone was making auburn look bad. am i making too much of this? i am def not a bummer fan but this bothered me.can anyone tell me what happened or if they told him behind the scenes that that sort of thing will not be tolerated? i had huge hopes for this guy but not at the expense of our reputation as family. thanx

forget this...old news promoted by a disgruntled AU sports hack.....

thanx. i would hate to give the bummers any reason to say we are not classy.

This is a classic "there is more to the story" ...

Another version is a bama coach inappropriately went off on a lower level staff person and Essentially CSG defended him. Then the 2 head coaches amicably worked it out.

I don't trust phillip marshals reporting of anything to do with the AU baseball program anymore ... Which is where some (I think a lot) of this came from.

thank you mr eagle cus that really pissed me. it also makes me feel a lot better. i know its a small matter but auburn will always be my heart.

Another version is a bama coach inappropriately went off on a lower level staff person and Essentially CSG defended him. Then the 2 head coaches amicably worked it out.

I don't trust phillip marshals reporting of anything to do with the AU baseball program anymore ... Which is where some (I think a lot) of this came from.

I'm curious, why the distrust in Marshall's baseball reporting (other than his obvious struggle with proofreading and basic spelling)?

I'm curious, why the distrust in Marshall's baseball reporting (other than his obvious struggle with proofreading and basic spelling)?

Because he's had it out for CSG for awhile now and will jump at any opportunity to degrade him.

CSG could be successful. He needs a few more bats imo and 1 or 2 more good arms in the bullpen. I like how he puts pressure on the pitcher by aggressive running and trying to bunt for hits. He still has questionable coaching decisions though. I still cant figure out how we lost the first game of our regional against CoC. We had it won and pissed it away. It will be very interesting to see where he has this team next year. Hopefully another year of coaching and they're maybe playing for a realistic chance to host.

I doubt the OP story was accurate. We all have heard by now from Oklahoma alums, even Joe Simpson, that Sonny was a dick, but I doubt Golloway is so much of a dick that he would break some unwritten rules of baseball. Such as not allowing other teams use the batting cages before the games. Because I know Sonny would want to use the batting cages when he is on the road.

We all have heard by now from Oklahoma alums, even Joe Simpson....

I see what you're doing, you're not even close.

Joe Simpson has never met Sunny Golloway.

As for Phillip Marshmallow, where's the follow up?

"That’s what I know. There is lots of chatter about what was said and what has happened behind the scenes since, but I’m not going there without more information than I have now."

A "reporter" gets the whole (verified) story. He is simply a blogger...throw it out there and see how many hits you can get.

That's what was so bad about his story on that situation. He said he wasn't "going there" but he went there enough to plant the seed that CSG was unhinged.

Heck, CSG may have been completely off the rails but there is another version out there and it wasn't presented at all that was much more favorable ... And in my opinion, more believable.

"That’s what I know. There is lots of chatter about what was said and what has happened behind the scenes since, but I’m not going there without more information than I have now."

A "reporter" gets the whole (verified) story. He is simply a blogger...throw it out there and see how many hits you can get.

What am I doing? Did I imply that Joe has ever met him....Joe has an awfully strong opinion for not ever meeting him. Just to make it clear, again, I don't think the OP is correct. I was trying to make that point...

I live and work in the Tuscaloosa area, and reached out to someone who would be in the know with Alabama, about what did or did not happen. I got no response, which tells me, the version that Marshall told, is not true. If it had been, it would have been verified. And the version I gave, was the version about the Bama assistant going off on the lower level Auburn staffer. If it did not happen that way, he would have told me I was way off base. And Capstone report said the same thing as PM did, so that is all I need to know, that it is nothing but garbage.

CSG will have Auburn winning consistently over the long run with 40 plus win seasons. He is not perfect, but really folks, how many college baseball coaches are perfect? I am thrilled to have him as our BB coach. We are very fortunate to have him, and I stand behind him 110%.

I support CSG as our coach and look at what he has done in his short time here. If you don't think that going through this year and making it to a Regional given the competition that we faced in the SEC and elsewhere, I don't know more to tell you but just look at who is in the CWS. How many of those guys did we play?

...but really folks, how many college baseball coaches are perfect?

Tim Corbin - Vanderbilt

Paul Mainieri - LSU

Jim Schlossnagle - TCU

Brian O'Connor - Virginia

Wayne Graham - Rice

Pat Casey - Oregon State

Dave Van Horn - Arkansas

Danny Hall - Georgia Tech

Mike Gillespie - UC Irvine

George Horton - Oregon

I would have put Jack Leggett on that list, but Clemson just fired him. I also think Hall is getting close to wearing out his welcome in Atlanta. There are some really great college baseball coaches out there who are also really nice guys, but it is rare. Golloway often lets his competitive nature get the best of him and he expresses it by wanting to punch somebody in the face (figuratively). If you don't have overwhelming talent it is possible to overcome that with a team that will fight the same way. I choose to accept that, in fact I'd prefer that in a team.

...but really folks, how many college baseball coaches are perfect?

Tim Corbin - Vanderbilt

Paul Mainieri - LSU

Jim Schlossnagle - TCU

Brian O'Connor - Virginia

Wayne Graham - Rice

Pat Casey - Oregon State

Dave Van Horn - Arkansas

Danny Hall - Georgia Tech

Mike Gillespie - UC Irvine

George Horton - Oregon

I would have put Jack Leggett on that list, but Clemson just fired him. I also think Hall is getting close to wearing out his welcome in Atlanta. There are some really great college baseball coaches out there who are also really nice guys, but it is rare. Golloway often lets his competitive nature get the best of him and he expresses it by wanting to punch somebody in the face (figuratively). If you don't have overwhelming talent it is possible to overcome that with a team that will fight the same way. I choose to accept that, in fact I'd prefer that in a team.

Good list...don't know the guy at Fullerton but they seem to show up about this time every year. Note that the good guys don't move around much...rarely for that matter. Most schools on that list have great facilities and pretty good access to good ball players and they apparently know when they have a good thing going. JMO but Clemson will regret firing Leggett....time will tell.

...don't know the guy at Fullerton but they seem to show up about this time every year.

Cal State Fullerton is on a different plane. Their coaching history is basically a list of hall of fame coaches.

Augie Garrido 16 CWS appearances - current Texas coach (who is far from perfect, by the way)

Larry Cochell 4 CWS appearances - former OU coach (that Golloway replaced after a less than perfect ESPN interview in '05)

George Horton 6 CWS appearances - current Oregon coach

Dave Serrano 2 CWS appearances - current Tennessee coach (who has done almost nothing in Knoxville)

There was a lot of money put on the table to get all four of those guys out of California.

Phil Knight basically said whatever it takes when they resurrected the program in Eugene in '09.

Currently, Rick Vanderhook is the guy...4 years at the helm, 4 regionals, 2 super regionals, and now 1 CWS appearance.

...don't know the guy at Fullerton but they seem to show up about this time every year.

Cal State Fullerton is on a different plane. Their coaching history is basically a list of hall of fame coaches.

Augie Garrido 16 CWS appearances - current Texas coach (who is far from perfect, by the way)

Larry Cochell 4 CWS appearances - former OU coach (that Golloway replaced after a less than perfect ESPN interview in '05)

George Horton 6 CWS appearances - current Oregon coach

Dave Serrano 2 CWS appearances - current Tennessee coach (who has done almost nothing in Knoxville)

There was a lot of money put on the table to get all four of those guys out of California.

Phil Knight basically said whatever it takes when they resurrected the program in Eugene in '09.

Currently, Rick Vanderhook is the guy...4 years at the helm, 4 regionals, 2 super regionals, and now 1 CWS appearance.

Must be something in the water at Fullerton...maybe like College of Charleston....guys do great at those schools until they go somewhere else? JMO but it''s hard to know what makes a good coach....other than great talent perhaps.

I think Clemson made the right move as long as they know who they want to replace him with. Jack is a good guy for the Tigers, but the program has slowly begun to lull.

Archived