lutzintheredzone

D Coord and D line coach -Tracey Rocker w Georgia

Linebackers- Kevin Greene w Packers

Secondary- Whoever has postion at LSU

Other Choices for D Coord

Will Muschamp he elite defense coach,that no issue at florida

Tommy Tuberville we had a def with him

Kevin Greene

so a head coach that burnt bridges at AU, A head coach that is in his twilight that also burnt bridges at AU, or a Coach that has never coached college in his life. Sounds reasonable...

D Coord and D line coach -Tracey Rocker w Georgia

Linebackers- Kevin Greene w Packers

Secondary- Whoever has postion at LSU

Other Choices for D Coord

Will Muschamp he elite defense coach,that no issue at florida

Tommy Tuberville we had a def with him

Kevin Greene

The current staff was thought to be a "dream staff" when we hired them. I think they are likely to turn this around, at least better than the above list could do.

People always want the quick fix and promise of "shiny and new." I'm not anywhere near convinced that will be the panacea they're hoping for. We have some guys on defense that need to cycle out that do their own thing on defense instead of doing what they are told and what their assignments are.

You do relize it was Rocker that devolped Fairley, he left and d line been soft and terrible since. Even last year with Ford and Lawson werent good compared to Fairley,Clayton,Goggans,Blanc,Lemonier

He's not much into recruiting and has never been anything higher than a position coach at any level. And you want him as DC?

You do relize it was Rocker that devolped Fairley, he left and d line been soft and terrible since. Even last year with Ford and Lawson werent good compared to Fairley,Clayton,Goggans,Blanc,Lemonier

He's not much into recruiting and has never been anything higher than a position coach at any level. And you want him as DC?

There's a whole lot of fail in the OP. I'm not sure which is worse, the ideas or the grammar and lack of punctuation. It's seriously a toss up.

That not into recruiting thing is really just a rumor that everybody ran with. But make him a DC at a school like ours? No

Malzahn should offer the DC's job to Muschamp or Rocker.

Rocker has NEVER been a DC and it would be stupid to hire him for something he's never done. Muschamp is available (as of the end of the year) but that isn't likely to happen based on what I've read in other places. Besides, I'm still not at all sold on Muschamp as a DC. I just don't think he's that great.of a DC, although his defenses at Florida were fairly good. it was his offense that sucked year after year.

Bring back Boom. Keep Garner as head recruiter and assistant head coach. Bring back Rocker as DL coach. Go get the best linebacker and secondary coaches available.

What about Keven Greene? he could coach defensive ends or linebackers.

Greene is going to stay out of coaching for a while til his kids grow up. He wants a more normal life. An asst. coach in college doesn't have any more free time than one in the NFL.

I'm not sure if Coach Boom will come to Auburn after what happened before, but it's been a long time since it happened and it would be dumb not to give him a phone call.

I totally agree that it would be dumb to not give the man a call and see what the possibilities are. You don't get if you don't ask. Couldn't hurt.

As D-Line coaches go, Rocker >> Garner.

Garner is he better recruiter, but production has not been there.

The total number of coaches is limited. It would be hard to keep Garner and bring back Rocker, unless Garner coached something else.

For DC, the question is do you go with someone young and innovative or old and wise?

We need more disciplined play across all positions on the defense.

Archived