My apologies to the defensive critics

juscAUse

Sunshine pumpers are in high gear today. Georgia had a terrible time tackling Florida. I don't need to talk about our problems. But I am willing to bet Georgia gets their problems fixed before AU does by the time they meet in Athens. I challenge u sunshine pumpers to take notice of this actually happening, and if Ellis and staff can make improvements by then, I WILL GLADLY EAT CROW!!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest problem I see on defense is our inability to apply pressure with our front 4. To me, that is on CRG. Recruiting, fundamentals, etc.

We committed extra bodies to the rush last night and our db's were on an island.

The whiner's best get used to it because I don't see a miracle happening thus no change in sight.

The whiners won't and shouldn't get used to it! As a matter of fact, if this poor production on defense keeps going somebody will be out of a job. End result; whiners win!

Yeah I am sure Gus gave you a call this morning. :-\

Sunshine pumpers are in high gear today. Georgia had a terrible time tackling Florida. I don't need to talk about our problems. But I am willing to bet Georgia gets their problems fixed before AU does by the time they meet in Athens. I challenge u sunshine pumpers to take notice of this actually happening, and if Ellis and staff can make improvements by then, I WILL GLADLY EAT CROW!!

Really..you have more optimism that UGA will improve after getting mud stomped by an inept UF offense,,an offense that up to yesterday had done nothing. The level of competition often dictates a game. Ole Miss is good, and they knew just like AU that a lot hinged on this game. We got their best, and came out on top, on the road. Bama and their vaunted defense could not stop Ole Miss when needed but guess what AU'S defense stood up and stopped them twice in the red zone. Something Lord Saban could not do. Maybe not a dominant defensive performance but a damn good situational defensive performance.

The whiners won't and shouldn't get used to it! As a matter of fact, if this poor production on defense keeps going somebody will be out of a job. End result; whiners win!

Whiners are just that, whiners - not winners. Whiners are just turds that sit behind a keyboard and complain and do nothing that actually fix anything. Sure, they talk a lot, and demand other are fired, but they actually DO nothing. They are likely also the same people that don't hold themselves to the same standards they are attempting to hold other to. Likely they also complain about how their boss is "mean" or "unfair" and in reality they are just being held accountable themselves.

Sure, there are things that can, and should be, addressed, but crying about firing someone that is part of a staff that played in the NC last year and is sitting at #3 this year is freaking ridiculous. You have no idea what this staff is doing to address these situations. if your expectations are that Gus addresses the media and says something like "I've spoken to coach X and told him that if things don't improve by the end of the season he's going to be looking for a job" you've lost your mind. First, it would be an absolutely horrible leadership move. Secondly, the odds that anyone would work for him after that are slim and none. I'm sure Gus is pretty aware that there are things he needs to fix. Somehow I think he'll figure it out without the internet equivalent of spoiled children screaming that so and so needs to be fired....

When everyone realizes that we are just average on defense and take the wins anyway we get them, they will be able to enjoy the show. For anyone to say last years defense was better, did not watch the same season as me. Also, the LSU game this year, defensively, was not the norm. They played a true freshmen at quarterback that was way out of his element. He not only missed receivers, but overthrew them by ten yards (high and long).

If our defense was average I would be ecstatic. We have a long way to go to get to average.

We are #2 in the country in red zone D, behind Miss. State.

http://www.ncaa.com/...urrent/team/704

#34 scoring D:

http://www.ncaa.com/...current/team/28

#9 in interceptions:

http://www.ncaa.com/...urrent/team/457

#26 in tackles for a loss:

http://www.ncaa.com/...urrent/team/467

#30 in 3rd down conversion D:

http://www.ncaa.com/...urrent/team/701

#19 in turnovers gained:

http://www.ncaa.com/...urrent/team/460

We are also #13 in scoring O which means other teams know they are going to have to play their best O to keep up:

http://www.ncaa.com/...current/team/27

Our D is not great and not deep in talent. But the level of criticism is out of proportion.

Damn facts!

Whiners are just that, whiners - not winners. Whiners are just turds that sit behind a keyboard and complain and do nothing that actually fix anything. Sure, they talk a lot, and demand other are fired, but they actually DO nothing. They are likely also the same people that don't hold themselves to the same standards they are attempting to hold other to. Likely they also complain about how their boss is "mean" or "unfair" and in reality they are just being held accountable themselves.

Sure, there are things that can, and should be, addressed, but crying about firing someone that is part of a staff that played in the NC last year and is sitting at #3 this year is freaking ridiculous. You have no idea what this staff is doing to address these situations. if your expectations are that Gus addresses the media and says something like "I've spoken to coach X and told him that if things don't improve by the end of the season he's going to be looking for a job" you've lost your mind. First, it would be an absolutely horrible leadership move. Secondly, the odds that anyone would work for him after that are slim and none. I'm sure Gus is pretty aware that there are things he needs to fix. Somehow I think he'll figure it out without the internet equivalent of spoiled children screaming that so and so needs to be fired....

:bow:

Whiners are annoying and embarrassing. Whiners who are overreacting are pathetic. Whining is not a positive term no matter how you dress it up.

"Whiners win"? That is one of the stupidest things ever uttered on these boards.jmo.

One stat matters: points given up. And ours is 34.7 per game the last 3 games.

Of course that is far more important than points scored and wins. Let's focus on the D. :-\

Whiners are annoying and embarrassing. Whiners who are overreacting are pathetic. Whining is not a positive term no matter how you dress it up.

"Whiners win"? That is one of the stupidest things ever uttered on these boards.jmo.

We will revisit this in the future. For the record in not a whiner, I'm a realist and from what I see, everyone that has played football says what a majority of people on this board believe and that is this defense is embarrassing! Facts! U can be blind all u want, but don't get mad at me because I won't go along with what's popular

Never said he needs to be fired, I'm just not impressed with his coaching.

Really..you have more optimism that UGA will improve after getting mud stomped by an inept UF offense,,an offense that up to yesterday had done nothing. The level of competition often dictates a game. Ole Miss is good, and they knew just like AU that a lot hinged on this game. We got their best, and came out on top, on the road. Bama and their vaunted defense could not stop Ole Miss when needed but guess what AU'S defense stood up and stopped them twice in the red zone. Something Lord Saban could not do. Maybe not a dominant defensive performance but a damn good situational defensive performance.

Like I said, I would gladly eat crow if we play better defense than Georgia on that day

Guest jojo1515

When everyone realizes that we are just average on defense and take the wins anyway we get them, they will be able to enjoy the show. For anyone to say last years defense was better, did not watch the same season as me. Also, the LSU game this year, defensively, was not the norm. They played a true freshmen at quarterback that was way out of his element. He not only missed receivers, but overthrew them by ten yards (high and long).

If our defense was average I would be ecstatic. We have a long way to go to get to average.

We are #2 in the country in red zone D, behind Miss. State.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/704

#34 scoring D:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28

#9 in interceptions:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/457

#26 in tackles for a loss:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/467

#30 in 3rd down conversion D:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/701

#19 in turnovers gained:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/460

We are also #13 in scoring O which means other teams know they are going to have to play their best O to keep up:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

Our D is not great and not deep in talent. But the level of criticism is out of proportion.

Passing yards allowed......94th

Sacks.......70th

Total D........54th

This to me paints more of a picture that coaching has players in the wrong plays and bad positions yet we are talented enough that guys come up with big turnovers to keep people from scoring in the red zone where there is less room for wrs to be completely uncovered. We obviously have players that can make plays.....the fact that we are 94th in pass D is on scheme and coaching fundamentals IMO

We will revisit this in the future. For the record in not a whiner, I'm a realist and from what I see, everyone that has played football says what a majority of people on this board believe and that is this defense is embarrassing! Facts! U can be blind all u want, but don't get mad at me because I won't go along with what's popular

It will take a significant meltdown for EJ to go after this year, and i don't see that happening, but who knows. If he goes it will be due to performance, not a bunch of whiners, which you are one of.

Those who don't agree with you are blind? Typical senseless, childlike drivel from you.

I'd love to get you a private conference with some members of our d so you can tell them how embarrassing they are to you. Those guys are playing their hearts out and are quite often performing at a very high level. Sometimes people just need a big glass of stfu.

MSU is well below us in many stats. They are giving up way more passing yards. They are also tough in the red zone like us. I'll bet they don't have as many whiny douche bags going off as we do. That is what embarrasses me, not the performance of our D.

I don't thinks it's The coaching as far as on the field and gameday. We are lacking in the recruiting of talent. We have got to come up with some SEC level d linemen. No. One is a beast the others have big hearts. We need both to regain our edge.

I don't thinks it's The coaching as far as on the field and gameday. We are lacking in the recruiting of talent.

If that is the case then what happened to all that talent that was assembled under chizik that just needed to be coached properly?

It will take a significant meltdown for EJ to go after this year, and i don't see that happening, but who knows. If he goes it will be due to performance, not a bunch of whiners, which you are one of.

Those who don't agree with you are blind? Typical senseless, childlike drivel from you.

I'd love to get you a private conference with some members of our d so you can tell them how embarrassing they are to you. Those guys are playing their hearts out and are quite often performing at a very high level. Sometimes people just need a big glass of stfu.

MSU is well below us in many stats. They are giving up way more passing yards. They are also tough in the red zone like us. I'll bet they don't have as many whiny douche bags going off as we do. That is what embarrasses me, not the performance of our D.

I don't dance to every beat of a drum like most, to each his own. Keep ur insults to yourself

The last two weeks we have played two of the brightest offensive minds in college football. Both have very intimate knowledge of our team. I think that it might have played a part in our defensive performance the last two weeks.

Yes, definitely. GREAT point! Our team's performance both is...and is not..."all about Auburn." :jossun:

Thank you! The only way to drown out the whiners is to keep posting facts, perspective, and hope. It's pathetic but fine if they want to dilute their enjoyment of college football by analysis paralysis (not to be confused with real insights that address stats and game technicalities) and whining about a WIN! However, our own experience doesn't have to be ruined by repeated whine and cheese. Post away and send the whiners into the land of BG03.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!" :jossun:

You play because you love it or because it is your ticket to a better life than "would like to make that a large size?". If you love it you do your very best. If you think that giving 99% is going to get you a spot in the NFL you will be another 7 round or undrafted player that doesn't make it. At this level everyone has ability.

The biggest knock on our defense against OM was stupid penalties.

Archived