Nick and a wet ball

eulessau

Guest jojo1515

Well, when the ball appears to slip out of his hand on 2 straight series for several passes, and it just happens to be during the heaviest rain of the second half, and Gus even mentions afterwards a wet ball issue.....seems pretty much like common sense......of course some will refuse to agree, even though the same exact thing happened at LSU last year (only in the first half whe it was raining mind you).....nothing to see here....move along.....

Anybody have any thoughts, in hindsight, on whether or not Nick should've worked with George Whitfield? Or are his problems based on his ceiling as a QB?

Anybody have any thoughts, in hindsight, on whether or not Nick should've worked with George Whitfield? Or are his problems based on his ceiling as a QB?

Well I have thought the same thing. I don't know how much it would have helped. I don't think it would have hurt anything. Nick still doesn't have good mechanics and his footwork often times leaves a lot to be desired. I guess we'll never know.

Isn't it Rhett/Gus' job to coach the bad habits out of him? Especially fundamental things like footwork, it seems like those are the 2 guys who would be on him about this more. Or at least in games it doesn't show up. I'm curious because Cam had the same problem under Gus in terms of not setting his feet, and he still does this 4-5 times a game on the Panthers.

But,I guess, it's the college coach's job to win. If they are winning without having to adjust fundamentals, they will continue to let it happen (Tebow under Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen seemed like his throwing fundamentals were completely ignored, for example).

I'm surprised the jokes are landing here and not in the Jumbo Package thread.

If it were a Wet Jumbo Package then you'd probably have comedy gold.

Just a thought but since NM was 17 of 34 with 2 picks and DP was 18 of 34 with 2 picks, I can really understand why you would think NM was the guy with a problem an not just that it was a bad day to be throwing. Maybe M St. should replace Dak also. I'll hang up and let you answer. I swear sometimes it sounds like the Paul Finebum show on here. WDE

There is no wet ball problem. If there was something that needed to be addressed; it's tipped passes at the line. Maybe Nick was conscience of this and released the ball higher after MSU batted a couple. I don't know, he's listed at 6-1 so he's not short. Whatever the problem is there, the off week would be a good time to address it.

This is actually a very accurate observation. This year he seems to be getting a lot more of his passes tipped at the line. Like our opponenets have found something in his delivery to watch for and time the jumps.

Gus actually mentioned something about not getting dry balls in during his post game press conference.

That may have been describing Dak Prescott on campus when he gets back.

Will definitely not have dry balls after that performance.

If here was something that needed to be addressed; it's tipped passes at the line. Maybe Nick was conscience of this and released the ball higher after MSU batted a couple. I don't know, he's listed at 6-1 so he's not short. Whatever the problem is there, the off week would be a good time to address it.

Same thing happened in the KSU game.

I am so ready for us to play the perfect game this season.

When our Tigers play a "perfect game", I guarantee you that multiple "AU fans" on multiple forums will still find fault.

Archived