**Auburn at Kansas State - Game Thread**

WarTiger

K-State is a lot better defensively than I anticipated. Give them credit, they have made plays, and schemed well thus far.

However, once again another case of the dropsies is preventing the offensive from making more plays of its own.

Actually, K-State is not better than expected. NM is hitting 50% of his passes and K-State DL is dominating our OL, shutting down the run. 3 yards per carry is not going to scare KSU.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HALFTIME STATS (KSU / AU)

Total Yards: 168 / 173

Rush Yards: 17 / 55

Pass Yards: 151 / 118

First Downs: 12 / 10

Penalties: 0-0 / 3-29

I think earlier someone said this might be our Kentucky of 2010. I think in that game Kentucky wasn't called for a single penalty. Can anyone confirm?

This is probably the worst performance by a Gus coached team I have seen. Sure hope we come alive in the second half. Got to hand it to K-State. They were much better prepared but at the same time we missed a lot of opportunities. I would like to be a fly on the wall in our locker room right now.

Leading after that 1st half? I'll take it. Good news is the plays are there, we're just dropping passes. Thank goodness KState is blundering around too. ESPN announcers acting like it's doubtful a Gus Malzahn O will look better in the second half. Idiots. I'm more concerned about special teams tipping into KSUs favor this half. Don't punt and Lockett can't take it to the house.

K-State is a lot better defensively than I anticipated. Give them credit, they have made plays, and schemed well thus far.

However, once again another case of the dropsies is preventing the offensive from making more plays of its own.

Actually, K-State is not better than expected. NM is hitting 50% of his passes and K-State DL is dominating our OL, shutting down the run.

You must have overlooked the 'I' part....

No, Marshall is not the best passer but I am sick of dropped passes. This is an issue every freaking game. Otherwise, Im most disappointed in the OL. They dont look nasty at all.

I still say put Braden in for Slade. Get some nasty fire going. Slade has been the most inconsistent OL

Might as well. Need something to fire up our sleepwalking O.

Got my fingers crossed that we make some adjustments at the half.

We shut down the run on D but Lockett is one heck of a player. Got to contain him in the second half.

Offense is not up to Auburn standards. Hope Grimes is in the Oline's ear. If we can't establish the run in the second half, this game may go down to the last team to have possession.

I'm used to Coates dropping passes and bailing on plays. I'm used to NM throwing the ball everywhere except to the receiver. I'm not used to Duke dropping passes. If Duke had not dropped those two, WOW, NM would be above 50% passing. Okay. That's not a wow.

JMO but our D is doing pretty well....you just don't totally shut people down these days.....and 7 points and 170 yards is not that bad considering that our O has not been able to keep the ball away from them.

Sorry, my fault guys. I wasn't wearing my hat and the game wasn't recorded. I fixed that right before our td.

Good Lord man, you can't make mistakes like that with a Thursday night game. Focus! :)

Archived