Arkansas message board

Threedog79

Well our last three coaches have been Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. Bielema is pretty tame in comparison.

This is very true. Welcome, by the way! Just lookin' around at Auburn forums before 8/30? Or are you thinking about being a more permanent member? (I really don't mind either way, like I said, I was on hogville.net earlier today :D/> )

Well I lurked for a while but figured I'd go ahead and join, might help pass the time til the season finally gets here.

I'm planning on making the trip. It's weird starting off with an SEC game...going to need a lot of sunscreen for this one

Awesome! Hope you have a fantastic trip! Have you been to Auburn before?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our last three coaches have been Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. Bielema is pretty tame in comparison.

This is very true. Welcome, by the way! Just lookin' around at Auburn forums before 8/30? Or are you thinking about being a more permanent member? (I really don't mind either way, like I said, I was on hogville.net earlier today :D/> )

Well I lurked for a while but figured I'd go ahead and join, might help pass the time til the season finally gets here.

I'm planning on making the trip. It's weird starting off with an SEC game...going to need a lot of sunscreen for this one

Awesome! Hope you have a fantastic trip! Have you been to Auburn before?

We went in 2012. Were going to go in 2010 but something came up and we couldn't make it.

My dad's coworker is a big auburn fan and his wife is taking classes at AU so she gets us tickets

We went in 2012. Were going to go in 2010 but something came up and we couldn't make it.

My dad's coworker is a big auburn fan and his wife is taking classes at AU so she gets us tickets

Sounds good buddy. If y'all get there a little early, be sure to pop over to AU Arena (anybody would be able to tell you where it is). They've got a cool museum in there with old Aubie costumes, the BCS trophy, SEC and National Championship rings, etc. Also, let us know if you're looking for a place to eat. I'm sure we'll be able to find something you'll like.

Sounds good buddy. If y'all get there a little early, be sure to pop over to AU Arena (anybody would be able to tell you where it is). They've got a cool museum in there with old Aubie costumes, the BCS trophy, SEC and National Championship rings, etc. Also, let us know if you're looking for a place to eat. I'm sure we'll be able to find something you'll like.

Especially if you like to eat barbequed hog! ;D

Oh good lord, hogville.net reads like al.com. I have quotes too!

"Gus is a joke"

"Gus is a scumbag and will always be one."

"Gus is an unethical cheater!!!!! His Prarie-Dog offense is a flash in the pan, and will be exposed."

"We gon beat that a**!"

"Gus still in the people heppin bidness"

Seriously, its like they think that CBB is the second coming.

That's so weird to me, because I've talked to Arky fans about CBB and they all love him. I don't get it.

Just go with it. ;)

From Hogville: "Hogs win 37-24. Auburn sucks. That team is going to implode this year. Too many promises made to too many selfish players." Lol most of them do think we're gonna wax them though. At least they have a way better grasp on reality than the Bam Bams.

I I wish they'd travel better. Arky game still not sold out. That is preposterous.

Hey man, loyalty has it's limits....sure we can talk trash on our blogs about wacking AUburn ....but spending actual and serious money to attend the game....that's not gonna happen when we can watch it on the SECNet .....and turn it off when things get out of hand. ....so in the meantime, we will continue to spread hog trash.

^About how many seats do they expect to be empty? Just wondering. That contradicts the statement I heard JJ say about the "record pace" of ticket sales. That could've just been "AD-speak," but JJ hasn't hesitated to say when ticket sales were down in the past. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

^About how many seats do they expect to be empty? Just wondering. That contradicts the statement I heard JJ say about the "record pace" of ticket sales. That could've just been "AD-speak," but JJ hasn't hesitated to say when ticket sales were down in the past. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

It's weird. All SEC games are sold out except Arky. The upper corners (visitor sections) are up for grabs. I think the Samford game is better bought right now.

Each SEC school has an allowance for their away games....and some don't use them....and of course you can't do much about people who buy season tickets intending to just attend a few of the big games. With Bama and UGa on the road, I figured it would be hard to sell out the season tickets....but maybe not?

^^So LSU, SC and TAMU are full? That's good to hear.

Speaking of which, I think that when the semi-finals arrive, the operators of the Playoff are going to see that some changes need to be made (re: actually having the semi-finals at the top two's campuses, rotating on a six-year basis) when the Superdome and Rose Bowl are three-fourths empty.

Each SEC school has an allowance for their away games....and some don't use them....and of course you can't do much about people who buy season tickets intending to just attend a few of the big games. With Bama and UGa on the road, I figured it would be hard to sell out the season tickets....but maybe not?

No. I mean at the university level. Season tickets are sold out. SEC mini packs are sold out. Now it's cupcakes + Arkansas. You can buy individual tickets to an SEC v SEC opener. It's silly.

Welcome to AUF, where it is hopeful that your visit is most pleasant.

To enhance the enjoyment of your experience, please feel free to make your way to the Family Lounge located on Ground Level Alpha.

PigHead11.jpg

I've read a couple of Hog boards over the summer. I haven't seen very many posters that "love" BB, most are taking a wait-n-see approach with him. They are encouraged that the recruiting is picking up pace, in light of the fact that Petrino left the cupboard naked followed by the "Year of the Clown" with JLS... they are way behind the curve on gathering talent. Their fans are happy with the fact that they haven't had a single knuckle-head get arrested in the offseason, which is really out of the norm for most schools. They are encouraged that the QB is finally healthy and they are expecting a better outcome than last year. I've very few unrealistic/coach worshipping threads for Bert.

I've read a couple of Hog boards over the summer. I haven't seen very many posters that "love" BB, most are taking a wait-n-see approach with him. They are encouraged that the recruiting is picking up pace, in light of the fact that Petrino left the cupboard naked followed by the "Year of the Clown" with JLS... they are way behind the curve on gathering talent. Their fans are happy with the fact that they haven't had a single knuckle-head get arrested in the offseason, which is really out of the norm for most schools. They are encouraged that the QB is finally healthy and they are expecting a better outcome than last year. I've very few unrealistic/coach worshipping threads for Bert.

Pretty much spot on.

Bielema is trying to develop a solid redshirt program here. We won't ever get as much raw talent as teams like Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Florida but if we can get guys in the system for 4 or 5 years we can have a team full of experience and coached up 3 stars like he had at Wisconsin and offset that a little bit.

But doing it that way will take a lot longer. In the past we've been a program that would have a 9 or 10 win season followed by a 4 or 5 win season because our talent would be so inconsistent. But if we can successfully implement what BB is trying to do then we'll be a more consistent 7 or 8 win type team with a few 9 or 10 win seasons every now and then IMO.

But fans aren't good at being patient so he might not last that long lol

Pretty much spot on.

Bielema is trying to develop a solid redshirt program here. We won't ever get as much raw talent as teams like Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Florida but if we can get guys in the system for 4 or 5 years we can have a team full of experience and coached up 3 stars like he had at Wisconsin and offset that a little bit.

But doing it that way will take a lot longer. In the past we've been a program that would have a 9 or 10 win season followed by a 4 or 5 win season because our talent would be so inconsistent. But if we can successfully implement what BB is trying to do then we'll be a more consistent 7 or 8 win type team with a few 9 or 10 win seasons every now and then IMO.

Just wanted to welcome you aboard. My oldest son goes to Arkansas, wanted to send him to Auburn but the out of State cost made it prohibitive and kids from Texas can go to Arkansas at In State Rates if they had good grades in HS and maintain them once there. So I root for Arkansas except when they play us. Then I am doubly hard on the Hogs just so I can Razz my son.

Pretty much spot on.

IMHO - You get a 3* guy with a lot of heart and determination into the program, develope & teach the fundamentals and work him in the S&C program and by the time he's got 2-3 yrs experience under his belt he can be as productive as any 5*. Bert's taking the old school approach to building that program up, creating a foundation so that when he can't haul in the 5* talent every year, he can still field a competitive team that produces. We'll have to see if the fans have patience to wait it out - I think Jeff Long will give him a few yrs regardless of what the fans are screaming for.

Pretty much spot on.

IMHO - You get a 3* guy with a lot of heart and determination into the program, develope & teach the fundamentals and work him in the S&C program and by the time he's got 2-3 yrs experience under his belt he can be as productive as any 5*.

Isn't that pretty much what Tuberville's MO was?

I know exactly one Arkansas fan, who happens to be a very nice, reasonable guy. Welcome aboard. While we are all pretty much gonna give you a hard time, I hope we do it in a not very obnoxious way! haha

Archived