Arkansas message board

Threedog79

What is the best Arkansas football message board? I always like looking at what their fans' perspectives are before we play another team. Folks, the season is upon us. Pads are being put on, competition for spots, pretty soon...toe meets leather. WDE!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime I want to find something out about another team, I will go to the SEC RANT and go to their team page. Either that, or adding them to my Bleacher Report Team Stream. I never pay attention to the articles by BR, but they also show local news about teams.

Oh good lord, hogville.net reads like al.com. I have quotes too!

"Gus is a joke"

"Gus is a scumbag and will always be one."

"Gus is an unethical cheater!!!!! His Prarie-Dog offense is a flash in the pan, and will be exposed."

"We gon beat that a**!"

"Gus still in the people heppin bidness"

Seriously, its like they think that CBB is the second coming.

"Gus is a joke"

"Gus is an unethical cheater!!!!! His Prarie-Dog offense is a flash in the pan, and will be exposed."

"We gon beat that a**!"

That's so weird to me, because I've talked to Arky fans about CBB and they all love him. I don't get it.

The Arkansas posters on tRant are, by far, the most delusional group I've ever seen. Their rationale and thought processes are comical almost to the point of being scary. They love Bert, believe they have one of the most talented rosters in the SEC, think they are truly building a dynasty,think Gus is scum, and have absolutely zero doubt that they're going to wax us.

^It's kind of for the same reason some of our fans still thought CGC was a good coach after the blowouts we had in 2011--though granted, we didn't go 3-9 that season. Last year was Bert's free pass with Arky fans, who will probably point to the fact that they lost three games by less than a TD to Rutgers, MSU and LSU. The rebuttal you could make was that Rutgers was 6-7, MSU was fighting for a bowl at that point and LSU lost Mett and had to put in (as one poster put it) "the second coming of Jordan Jefferson" :lol:. Even I don't see us losing to them--though I think they'll win two more games this year.

What's really funny are the claims that they came "really close" to beating us last year (no, it's not just their coaches/players saying that, their fans really do have that mindset). If by "close" you mean 11 points, Bert, then that's pretty sad.

The Arkansas posters on tRant are, by far, the most delusional group I've ever seen. Their rationale and thought processes are comical almost to the point of being scary. They love Bert, believe they have one of the most talented rosters in the SEC, think they are truly building a dynasty,think Gus is scum, and have absolutely zero doubt that they're going to wax us.

This is way off topic, but why do you have Trinidad James as your avi?

This is way off topic, but why do you have Trinidad James as your avi?

I found that kind of humorous/peculiar too

That state elected bill Clinton multiple times to multiple offices. Their ability to judge character in a football coach isn't great either.

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

That's so weird to me, because I've talked to Arky fans about CBB and they all love him. I don't get it.

Generally southern fans don't long support a coach who is an embarrassment to their schools. but then my experiences come from coaches who embarrassed their schools before the addition of Ark to the SEC. They may have brought in a lower class of fan who doesn't mind being embarrassed by a coach to acts like a buffoon.

Give him a couple of more years like that last one though, and they won't love him so much.

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

Generally southern fans don't long support a coach who is an embarrassment to their schools. but then my experiences come from coaches who embarrassed their schools before the addition of Ark to the SEC. They may have brought in a lower class of fan who doesn't mind being embarrassed by a coach to acts like a buffoon.

Give him a couple of more years like that last one though, and they won't love him so much.

Well our last three coaches have been Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. Bielema is pretty tame in comparison.

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

Well our last three coaches have been Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. Bielema is pretty tame in comparison.

WE HAVE ARKY FANS ON THIS SITE TOO?! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS.

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

Why preposterous? We've always has opposing fans here. It's quite normal for a rival fan or two to show up and comment prior to their game with AU. I kinda' like it.

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

"Gus is a joke"

"We gon beat that a**!"

Why preposterous? We've always has opposing fans here. It's quite normal for a rival fan or two to show up and comment prior to their game with AU. I kinda' like it.

Apologize for my post. I was not in my right mind a couple of hours ago.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy your stay here - we always enjoy other teams POVs.

Welcome - Fans in red are not too bad...(we got some in crimson you can have)..

Some fans on the sites I went to were pretty realistic about expectations. They are predicting 5-7 or 6-6, which I think would be a good year for Arky.

This is very true. Welcome, by the way! Just lookin' around at Auburn forums before 8/30? Or are you thinking about being a more permanent member? (I really don't mind either way, like I said, I was on hogville.net earlier today :D )

Welcome Gohogs14.

Bielema's combo "crusader for justice" and "us against the world" approaches at Arky have certainly kept them in the media at a time when their relevance is in doubt. He may achieve folk hero status in Arky by season's end if he can pull off one major upset and get the Hogs into a bowl this year. The hog fora are not unlike most SEC team-specific fan cites, there are only a few that aren't just "we're the best, you're the worst" over & over. Gator, Vols, Aggies, Mizzou and AUF are the only SEC sites IMO to go for some semblance of objectivity & consistently reliable info. LSU's & Bama's are arguably the worst.

This is very true. Welcome, by the way! Just lookin' around at Auburn forums before 8/30? Or are you thinking about being a more permanent member? (I really don't mind either way, like I said, I was on hogville.net earlier today :D )

Well I lurked for a while but figured I'd go ahead and join, might help pass the time til the season finally gets here.

I'm planning on making the trip. It's weird starting off with an SEC game...going to need a lot of sunscreen for this one

Archived