Nick Marshall cited (confirmed)

JDUBB4AU

I think regardless of policy this has to be a 1 game sit just bc of Mincy and the attention we've drawn as '2nd chance U'. However, I am worried about Mincy. I think these two run in's are going to force CGM to make an example, and it's not going to be NM who takes the bullet.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I am upset with here is Nicks attitude. Gus selected him just this week to be the face of Auburn's Football team at the SEC media days next week. He should have been on his very best behavior this week preparing for that role, not out joy riding. I realize he is a young man on a very high horse at the moment, but considering that he was in the same position a couple of years ago and shot himself in the foot with his bad choices, I would expect him not to have fallen in that trap again. One thing I a confident in is that the coaches will make the right decision, based upon what they think is best for both of these young men, and the family should agree. WDE

If he got cited and not arrested then they saw something they "think" was weed combined with what they "smelled". He MIGHT sit a scrimmage lol.

Wow, if he was cited based on potential residue, that is a complete joke. I didn't think that can happen. Are you certain that is possible?

Anyone care to guess what the first question Gus gets at SECMD will be?? Awful timing. I would be incredibly pissed if I was Gus. His ass would be on the bench until the K state game.

I was surprised they picked him to go to SEC media days b/c he isn't a big talker anyway. Thought Jeff W. would've been picked. Since this has happened I hope he will replace Nick.

I was thinking CJ would be a good choice. He does a good interview. But obviously reporters want to talk with the SEC No. 1 QB.

If he got cited and not arrested then they saw something they "think" was weed combined with what they "smelled". He MIGHT sit a scrimmage lol.

Wow, if he was cited based on potential residue, that is a complete joke. I didn't think that can happen. Are you certain that is possible?

dothan eagle link

Looks like multiple reports are 8-9 grams now.

Suspend him for the Arkansas game.

And lulz at the people who say it was less than an oz so no big deal. Do y'all know how much an oz of weed is? It's a Ziploc sandwich bag stuffed full. About $400-500 worth...so saying it's less than that really isn't saying a whole lot. Even 1 gram is a decent little "chunk" of weed.

And I'm not some uptight "tee-totaler" by ANY stretch of the imagination, but dude needs to learn a lesson at some point. He's already been kicked out of UGA and he was supposed to be a leader for us this year. Step your game up, Nick.

An ounce is 300 tops. Anything after that, you got ripped off

Agreed. And that's if you're smoking good stuff.

A lot of weed experts in here. lol. :big:

Honestly, I'm not real encouraged by our "leaders" on this team. Looks like these couple of guys don't give a crap how they represent AU. Mincy represents AU at D.A.R.E. Then gets busted, Marshall is scheduled to represent AU at Media days and gets busted before the event........ I'm shaking my head wondering WTF is going on with these guys?

Honestly, I'm not real encouraged by our "leaders" on this team. Looks like these couple of guys don't give a crap how they represent AU. Mincy represents AU at D.A.R.E. Then gets busted, Marshall is scheduled to represent AU at Media days and gets busted before the event........ I'm shaking my head wondering WTF is going on with these guys?

And what if marijuana was legal? You'd never know unless you smoked it with them and they'd remain just fine.

I guess you could argue poor judgment being that it's illegal and they still behaved inappropriately in the eyes of the law.

Anyone care to guess what the first question Gus gets at SECMD will be?? Awful timing. I would be incredibly pissed if I was Gus. His ass would be on the bench until the K state game.

I was surprised they picked him to go to SEC media days b/c he isn't a big talker anyway. Thought Jeff W. would've been picked. Since this has happened I hope he will replace Nick.

I was thinking CJ would be a good choice. He does a good interview. But obviously reporters want to talk with the SEC No. 1 QB.

True. I just was thinking of Jeff W. initially b/c that dude loves to talk. lol. He even conducted some interviews of team(coaches and players) at the BCS. He was pretty funny. CJ is a good pick as well though.

And what if marijuana was legal? You'd never know unless you smoked it with them and they'd remain just fine.

I guess you could argue poor judgment being that it's illegal and they still behaved inappropriately in the eyes of the law.

Honestly, the dumbest thing of all is he got caught. If these reports are true he showed very poor stoner judgment (go figure). These guys act like they don't know the stuff is illegal. Back in the day, if we smoked, we were careful. We never put ourselves in a position where we could get pulled over with a car reeking of pot.

If he had just aired the car out and tucked the weed in his pocket or underwear, he'd have never been caught. Instead he's rolling around town like it's legal and he has the keys to the city.

Honestly, the dumbest thing of all is he got caught. If these reports are true he acted like an idiot. These guys act like they don't know the stuff is illegal. Back in the day, if we smoked, we were careful. We never put ourselves in a position where we could get pulled over with a car reeking of pot.

If he had just aired the car out and tucked the weed in his pocket or underwear, he'd have never been caught. Instead he's rolling around town like it's legal and he has the keys to the city.

Agreed. That ignorance to the law may also be attributed to a cultural thing with the youth--athlete or not.

However, he seemed like a great leader last year when his teammates rallied around him. They were constanty saying how whenever he was on the field they felt they could win. I guarantee he was smoking weed back then. However, some folks think that because he got caught, he's tainted and needs to be thrown in the trash.

weed isnt even a real crime. Just have him do some early morning workouts

The crime is that it's against team rules(I'm assuming) and Nick is already on his second chance. I could not possibly care any less that he smokes weed.

Residue. Less than an ounce? Well, less than a pound. It could also be less than a gram. REsidue could be the tar on a roach clip.

Still Malzahn CANNOT let this team go the way Chizik let it go. I don't know the answer but I do know Marshall and Mincy have to be class act STUPID to have even been around that stuff now.

... Auburn made front page of ESPN tonight. Must have been a slow day for LeBron, Tiger Woods, and Bama.

And officially NOW I believe in the conspiracy.

... Auburn made front page of ESPN tonight. Must have been a slow day for LeBron, Tiger Woods, and Bama.

Or AU is big deal .

I would definitely replace Marshall for SEC Media Days--not because of the questions that may be asked, but because it is an honor to represent the university like that. Beyond that, I would have Marshall's punishment range from no suspension to the 1st half of the Arkansas game.

I would also pull in guys like Uzomah, Whitaker, and Dismukes and firmly "encourage" them to have a players-only meeting to make sure everyone is focused. I understand a citation is comparatively minor, but the distraction it can cause can become greater than the actual deed.

This might have been mentioned already, but Gus did release a brief statement this evening. To me, it sounds like Nick will suffer some consequences, but it doesn't sound like he'll lose PT. If this is really his first incident since he's been at Auburn, then that seems fair.

That being said, it's still a huge disappointment and he should know better.

From Gus:

“I’m aware of the situation that happened earlier today with Nick. I’m very disappointed and I will address it with him accordingly.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/gus-malzahn-very-disappointed-in-nick-marshalls-pot-citation/

I don't get to smoke weed any more b/c I am in the Army. I am getting out in November, and depending upon where I go to work, and where I end up living, I may or may not smoke some again. Let me also confess, that when I was in college at Auburn, I was busted smoking weed while driving my car with a couple buddies. I was a moron of the highest order...except for the order reserved for a preseason Heisman candidate quarterback that has already been kicked out of one school for misconduct (stealing from teammates) back when he was only good enough to play cornerback, only to miracle his way into a second chance, and a beautiful run to a national championship game behind one of the greatest rushing offenses in modern history who gets busted for smoking weed in his car. For those of y'all that don't realize...less than an ounce isn't the same as trace amounts. I wish they were giving out tickets for that back in the day. I agree it should be legal. I am passionate about that....but at the end of the day...its not. Nick should have been smarter. I would hand the reigns to JJ, and make an example out of Nick for the good of the program. He would be my change of pace QB, and that would start w/ the K State game. If JJ is getting it done, I wouldn't even make a change. Love ya Nick, but you let us down, and right now I can't trust you to lead the team.

Third chances are exceedingly rare. I have been given my share of third chances. But, there have been times that I did not get one and it always stung like a $OB. God has a hand in it so.... we will see how it all plays out. It will be for the good of Nick Marshall, no matter what happens next, maybe not for the good of Auburn football. C'mon Nick, it's not the end of the world just the end of your Heisman.

No conspiracy. The heisman candidate star QB of a national title contender is busted for weed. Doesn't matter what school.

Third chances are exceedingly rare. I have been given my share of third chances. But, there have been times that I did not get one and it always stung like a $OB. God has a hand in it so.... we will see how it all plays out. It will be for the good of Nick Marshall, no matter what happens next, maybe not for the good of Auburn football. C'mon Nick, it's not the end of the world just the end of your Heisman.

End of his Heisman campaign for a pot citation? LOL. The voting is so far off that it's stupid to even consider it a topic of conversation.

The last Heisman winner got off on a rape charge that he basically pleaded the 5th to.

Remember AU's own last Heisman winner? A pot citation would definitely be my first preference instead of all the media bull**** that came with his.

End of his Heisman campaign for a pot citation? LOL. The voting is so far off that it's stupid to even consider it a topic of conversation.

Our last Heisman winner got off on rape charge that he basically pleaded the 5th to.

I think Marshall faces an uphill battle to win the Heisman, but not because of this--especially since this happened before the season begins. If Marshall plays solid, shows he has improved greatly in the passing game, and puts up good stats through the prime time Thursday night match up with K State, then I think he will be a legit contender.

Archived