Nick Marshall cited (confirmed)

JDUBB4AU

I am not "trolling"... I expected more from nm. Right now, I would cut him loose and move on. Maybe knee jerk reaction. I am so very disapointed. AU deserves better. We SHOULD expect better. Just stupid. Excuse me while I throw up ........

Yeah , I hope this is a knee jerk reaction.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ziemba(I think) had to do bear crawls around the field for cursing during practice.

Well, that's practice.

The point was that Gus will bust your ass on something as little as saying "bad words".

Marshall will get his and we probably won't ever know his punishment.

If Nick is determined to be guilty I think Gus sits Nick for the ARK game and possibly puts a potential SECC return on JJ's shoulders. I know plenty of kids smoke pot, but we now have two senior "leaders" that have been cited/busted for weed. Who do the young guys have to look up to ? Gus is in a difficult situation because if you cut the "leaders" any slack how do you hold the younger guys account accountable for meeting program standards ? Throw in the Mason transfer (I supported it) and the AL media will now start doing what they are best at when covering Auburn. The potential silver lining is a stud backup in JJ will gain some valuable experience if needed later in the season. Hope Leaders step up quickly and pull the team together.

War Eagle !

I am not "trolling"... I expected more from nm. Right now, I would cut him loose and move on. Maybe knee jerk reaction. I am so very disapointed. AU deserves better. We SHOULD expect better. Just stupid. Excuse me while I throw up ........

:-\ anybody have any barf bags?

I think the auburn policy is no missed game time for a first offense, but the player is subject to weekly drug testing and the citation counts as a failed drug test. A second failed test would lead to 50% of season suspension. There will likely be more behind the scenes working as well.

Question is does this count as a first offense for Marshall?

if it's his first positive drug test/citation, then yes.

Sorry for some reason I was thinking second offense from Georgia but that wasn't drug related

Traces were found in the car? So what? That's probably true of 90% of the cars owned by college kids. No arrest, therefore this is what's commonly called a "non event". He won't sit a minute and I doubt if he runs a single extra lap.

Traces were found in the car? So what? That's probably true of 90% of the cars owned by college kids. No arrest, therefore this is what's commonly called a "non event". He won't sit a minute and I doubt if he runs a single extra lap.

^^^This. I've never heard of a citation for trace amounts of marijuana before. Ever. Sounds like he ran into a cop with a bad attitude

Ricky Parks @RickyParks46

Auburn is under a zero tolerance rule right? Haha let's really see. Cause that's what I was told

Ricky was on zero tolerance for his prior actions. Not everyone was on such a tight leash.

I doubt Nick was on a tight leash like Ricky, but remember, Gus has given him second chance at big boy football here at AU. He was kicked out of UGA for stealing from a teammate. This is incredibly dumb on his part and I believe Gus will suspend him for atleast the opener.

Anyone care to guess what the first question Gus gets at SECMD will be?? Awful timing. I would be incredibly pissed if I was Gus. His ass would be on the bench until the K state game.

According to al dot com:

"...the officer detected an odor of marijuana coming from the car, and upon search of the vehicle, police found "8-or-9" grams of marijuana, which is less than an ounce."

I'm seeing 8-9 ounces, per EagleWarDamn Twitter account. That is enough to be a few joints, right? I dont know anything about weed (except that I can't "do" it without getting paranoid)

Anyone care to guess what the first question Gus gets at SECMD will be?? Awful timing. I would be incredibly pissed if I was Gus. His ass would be on the bench until the K state game.

I was surprised they picked him to go to SEC media days b/c he isn't a big talker anyway. Thought Jeff W. would've been picked. Since this has happened I hope he will replace Nick.

I'm seeing 8-9 ounces, per EagleWarDamn Twitter account. That is enough to be a few joints, right? I dont know anything about weed (except that I can't "do" it without getting paranoid)

It's an insignificant amount, but it's probably more than enough for just a "few joints". Enough to be considered personal use, which is why I assume he just got a citation.

Y'all obviously don't know much about weed. An oz is a pretty substantial amount of weed and having more than an oz is a FELONY in Ga and most other states. Having less than an oz is a misdemeanor

Y'all obviously don't know much about weed. An oz is a substantial amount of weed and having more than an oz is a FELONY in Ga and most other states. 8-9 ounces is a TON of weed. We're talking like drug kingpin type stuff...

grams

Y'all obviously don't know much about weed. An oz is a substantial amount of weed and having more than an oz is a FELONY in Ga and most other states. 8-9 ounces is a TON of weed. We're talking like drug kingpin type stuff...

:rimshot:

My opinion does not matter. But this has been a huge issue the past few seasons. We have got to do something. Dare one week and high times magazine the next.

I thought only bammers were reading impaired. 8 or 9 GRAMS, NOT ounces!

Apparently not Mikey. lol.

People calling for him to be given the boot have to be trolling.

very likely

I am very disappointed in Nick. However, he should not and will not be kicked off the team for what amounts to a traffic ticket. Yes, the fact that he had weed is stupid and illegal, but the offense was very minor. I would not sit Marshall for any games because that would punish the rest of the team. I would run him until he pukes and then run him some more. I would also make it public what his punishment is. Embarass and humiliate him and make him and anyone else think twice about being stupid. My 2 cents.

I wonder if Gus will still let Nick be at the SEC Media days. We all know what the questions will be asked of him. The bammer media smells blood and their going to be gunning for Nick.

I wonder if Gus will still let Nick be at the SEC Media days. We all know what the questions will be asked of him. The bammer media smells blood and their going to be gunning for Nick.

This situation does not lay at the feet of anyone other than Nick. He deserves criticism. He has embarrassed Auburn.

Archived