Nick Marshall cited (confirmed)

JDUBB4AU

What if he went to media days and said he spoke with coach and decided he was sitting himself for the Arkansas game to account for his bad judgement? That'd be awesome

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree completely. Let NM be a man and take the punishment. It will only make him a better person and probably leader. I also think JJ could handle Arkansas in a pinch so wouldnt mind NM sitting.

I got a big problem with the windows.LOL Mine are illegal to. I think most window tint is illegal.

Here in Georgia, the legal window tint is a 32% visibility. I've gotten a ticket before for window tint. Mine were 15% visibility. It cost more than a speeding ticket.

Nick's fine for the window tint is $100. Your speeding ticket was less than that?

The fine for the weed is $1000. For those comparing this to Winston's $30 citation for stealing crab legs, I would suggest that those who make the laws (granted, in different jurisdictions) think there's a significant difference.

Dark windows are worse than theft? I think I'd rather hire the guy with the slightly darker windows.

Window tint is an officer safety issue. How would you like to be the cop walking up to a window you can't see through, not knowing whether there's an innocent grandma or a drug dealer with an uzi pointed at you on the other side?

Quote:"Good luck Nick and thanks for 2013....some people seem to have forgotten about that."

Nick is the most exciting QB we've had since D. Craig. I'm looking forward to seeing him take every meaningful snap throughout the 2014 season. This citation will blow away just as will his citation for tinted windows. Where's the outrage over those windows anyway???

Wasnt aware that D Craig and Marshall were more exciting than Cam Newton....

You should have watched more. While Cam was overall better, Craig and Marshall were clearly more exciting.

I'll say this, though. Heisman candidate, representative of the university, or not- Nick's 2nd biggest mistake (1st being drawing attention to himself with tinted windows) was consenting to the search. Its possible none of this happens if he asserts his Constitutional rights- which don't evaporate by virtue of his lofty status.

Do you mean those were his biggest mistakes after his absolutely biggest mistake of riding around with an illegal substance in his car?

I agree completely. Let NM be a man and take the punishment. It will only make him a better person and probably leader. I also think JJ could handle Arkansas in a pinch so wouldnt mind NM sitting.

Him "taking the punishment" consists of being drug tested more frequently in the future, not missing any playing time. Didn't you read the university policy posted above? Punishment for the first offense does NOT include missed playing time.

Him "taking the punishment" consists of being drug tested more frequently in the future, not missing any playing time. Didn't you read the university policy posted above? Punishment for the first offense does NOT include missed playing time.

I don't think Nick will losing playing time, but I think it's worth pointing out that it will be determined by Gus, regardless of what the policy states. The policy simply specifies required action for a first, second, and third offense. Gus is not required to give Nick playing time, especially if he believes that someone else is more deserving of the QB role.

I got a big problem with the windows.LOL Mine are illegal to. I think most window tint is illegal.

Here in Georgia, the legal window tint is a 32% visibility. I've gotten a ticket before for window tint. Mine were 15% visibility. It cost more than a speeding ticket.

Nick's fine for the window tint is $100. Your speeding ticket was less than that?

The fine for the weed is $1000. For those comparing this to Winston's $30 citation for stealing crab legs, I would suggest that those who make the laws (granted, in different jurisdictions) think there's a significant difference.

Dark windows are worse than theft? I think I'd rather hire the guy with the slightly darker windows.

Window tint is an officer safety issue. How would you like to be the cop walking up to a window you can't see through, not knowing whether there's an innocent grandma or a drug dealer with an uzi pointed at you on the other side?

Shouldn't illegal tint be harder to get?

Mikey, do you have some inside info here? You may be right, but GM and staff might treat things a little differently with NM being a second chance player. He's already been kicked out of one school and the timing of the situation is horrible.

I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate uses for it. When possible they should fine the installer, it's not like they don't know better.

Problem is, it's only illegal on cars. But if you wanted to tint the windows of a business extra dark the same places that do that can usually do cars.

tinted windows have to be a certain % in different cities IIRC.. if they are too dark, you can be pulled over. A lot of times the police use that as an excuse to fish for something more. it sucks,, but the law is the law. Just like with tag lights

Lots of serious criminals have been apprehended as a result of routine traffic stops. Not necessarily intelligent criminals, but serious ones. ;)

Right, the OK city bomber (McVeight) was pulled over only for not having a license plate. He has no registration or bill of sale for the car, so the state trooper searched him. He was arrested because he had a concealed weapon (pistol). McVeight still almost got away but his bail hearing was delayed 2 days and then the FBI figured out who he was.

The problem is that the laws on allowable auto window tints differ by state and they have changed over the years. You could get window tinting that is legal in one state and get pulled over in another state where it is illegal. The tint laws in Alabama and Georgia are almost the same. People also use doityourself tinting kits.

http://www.iwfa.com/Portals/0/PDFDocs/Law_Charts/Window_Tint_State_Law_Chart_2014.pdf

I had to pull the tint film off my truck door windows in 1996 when the tint law in Alabama became stricter.

I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate uses for it. When possible they should fine the installer, it's not like they don't know better.

What? Dark tint is allowed on the backs of SUVs and trucks because it comes from the factory at 20%, which means it blocks out 80% of the sun light. Different states have different laws about how dark they will allow auto windows to be tinted. When it becomes illegal to apply dark film to cars is when they should fine the installers. People who want their cars tinted illegally are the ones who know better but, they still want it and they're the ones who should pay the fines not the guys simply doing what their customers' want.

College kids smoke pot. I cannot believe all of the hand-wringing over this crummy little story. Worst case scenario-Jeremy Johnson starts against Arkansas. We still win.

College kids smoke pot. I cannot believe all of the hand-wringing over this crummy little story. Worst case scenario-Jeremy Johnson starts against Arkansas. We still win.

The moral outrage has been a little over the top IMO. The thing that amazes me is kids riding dirty with illegal tint on their windows. That's either careless or stupid and they're are just asking to be caught.

The way I think drug problems on the team should be handled is if a player gets in trouble then his whole side of the ball has to do early morning running. If a team captain gets in trouble then make the entire team do early morning runs. The greatest way to keep people out of trouble is to make there peers have consiquences for their actions. then they feel bad making everyone else having to pay for your mistakes.

He's already been kicked out of one school and the timing of the situation is horrible.

No, he hasn't been kicked out of any schools. He got kicked off of a football team. (Ditto for Cam Newton btw.)

And the timing isn't horrible. The season's over a month away. As other folks have reasonably and rationally opined, he can put this to bed by Friday if the PTB allow him to.

Mikey, do you have some inside info here? You may be right, but GM and staff might treat things a little differently with NM being a second chance player. He's already been kicked out of one school and the timing of the situation is horrible.

We don't know NM's entire situation, and neither does Mikey. I think Gus and his staff will handle it appropriately, since they actually do know. I will be fine with whatever discipline they deliver. I just hope this young man can stay out of trouble and have a productive life because when he leaves Auburn and enters the adult world he'll have to be smarter than he has been. That's the ultimate goal....

What? Dark tint is allowed on the backs of SUVs and trucks because it comes from the factory at 20%, which means it blocks out 80% of the sun light. Different states have different laws about how dark they will allow auto windows to be tinted. When it becomes illegal to apply dark film to cars is when they should fine the installers. People who want their cars tinted illegally are the ones who know better but, they still want it and they're the ones who should pay the fines not the guys simply doing what their customers' want.

I think they should both be fined. If an installer puts illegal tint on a car they know it, but many don't care. Some have ethics and won't install it if it's illegal. It would probably create too much red tape though.

They should follow the state laws where they work.

We don't know NM's entire situation, and neither does Mikey. I think Gus and his staff will handle it appropriately, since they actually do know. I will be fine with whatever discipline they deliver. I just hope this young man can stay out of trouble and have a productive life because when he leaves Auburn and enters the adult world he'll have to be smarter than he has been. That's the ultimate goal....

I hope it makes him a stronger man as well. I really like the guy and will fully support him when he steps back on the field and wish him the best after his playing career ends.

My point was that Mikey is speaking as though it is a certainty when there are different factors involved. So, that is whay I asked Mikey the question.

Here's another thought, if first time offense involved a 1-2 game suspension, would Marshall and other players risk it?

I think they should both be fined. If an installer puts illegal tint on a car they know it, but many don't care. Some have ethics and won't install it if it's illegal. It would probably create too much red tape though.

Ive had 3 cars tinted. Most shops have warranties but ALWAYS will tell you their warranties are voided if you select an illegal application.At that point it is up to the customer to either assume that liability or go legal..the end. Ethics has nothing to do with this. Have you ever had auto windows tinted? it sounds like you have not. The shops have skin in the game. Its not like they're urging people to go illegal.

He's already been kicked out of one school and the timing of the situation is horrible.

No, he hasn't been kicked out of any schools. He got kicked off of a football team. (Ditto for Cam Newton btw.)

And the timing isn't horrible. The season's over a month away. As other folks have reasonably and rationally opined, he can put this to bed by Friday if the PTB allow him to.

I'm not sure Cam was kicked off at UF.

Ive had 3 cars tinted. Most shops have warranties but ALWAYS will tell you their warranties are voided if you select an illegal application.At that point it is up to the customer to either assume that liability or go legal..the end. Ethics has nothing to do with this. Have you ever had auto windows tinted? it sounds like you have not. The shops have skin in the game. Its not like they're urging people to go illegal.

Well, they have "skin in the game"!! By all means let them assist in breaking the law. No laws should apply to those who have "skin in the game".

Yes, I've had 2 cars tinted before.

Archived