Nick Marshall cited (confirmed)

JDUBB4AU

Arky might be a lot tougher than we think they will be. I'm nervous about that game, with likely Lawson and Mincy out, and now maybe Marshall.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arky might be a lot tougher than we think they will be. I'm nervous about that game, with likely Lawson and Mincy out, and now maybe Marshall.

Seeing as how last year, we basically had Marshall do nothing, I'm not sure why even Jonathan Wallace couldn't win that game.

Possession of marijuana in small amounts has been de facto decriminalized, but not legalized. The courts would be overwhelmed if they tried to enforce the laws in that area. A residual amount is a joke. They could check the money in anyone's wallet and probably fine residual amounts of cocaine.

Having heavily tinted windows was probably the stupidest part. He was not speeding, running stop signs, etc. but he drew attention from the law for having cool looking tinted windows. As others have said once you have their attention they start checking for for more things, license status, contents of car, open alcoholic containers, concealed firearms, condition of the driver, etc. Many DUIs start off because someone is stopped for not having headlights on at night.

So having tinted windows, or breaking traffic laws and having any trace of marijuana in your car is just stupid. Taking risks that are not worth taking when you might be in line for a pro contract and bonus with millions in the next 8 months. At least he was not arrested for DUI.

So is being cited for tinted car windows a violation of team rules?, no.

Is having a residual amount of marijuana in your car a violation of team rules?

^Thanks goodness not everybody around here has lost touch with reality^

The self-righteous indignation around here really is something to behold. I can't imagine how many rival fans are on this board right now laughing their butts off at this meltdown. Good lord, y'all need to chill out.

Welcome to bigtime college football. If you want to be a championship contender, this is the kind of crap you have to weed through sometimes.

(Pun intended. ;D/> )

That's putting it "blunt"ly. :)/>

Sometimes, you just gotta "roll" with the punches.

If I had a dimebag for every time I have heard that one.. ;D

Weegle! I am shocked. :o Your reputation just took a hit with me.

^Thanks goodness not everybody around here has lost touch with reality^

The self-righteous indignation around here really is something to behold. I can't imagine how many rival fans are on this board right now laughing their butts off at this meltdown. Good lord, y'all need to chill out.

You'd think we are discussing about Josh Gordon or something...

TexasTiger.....Ok my bad. I meant Blinn College. But maybe Gus will send him to you since you are so liberal in matters like this.

Send him-- we'll smoke some brisket instead. ;)

I will say it would be nice to have some more factual information on this subject or at least a confirmation that the situation has been handled; the waiting game is not too fun to play.

Wow. Maybe I'm overreacting here but that whole JJ "The future is bright" post rubbed me the wrong way. Marshall made a mistake, will serve the punishment we trust our coaches to fairly hand down, and will hopefully learn from this. Already touting JJ before NM has even been heard out/disciplined is, in my opinion, at best poor taste and at worse a total abandonment of the "family" concept this site and this university has built a legacy on.

Wow. Maybe I'm overreacting here but that whole JJ "The future is bright" post rubbed me the wrong way. Marshall made a mistake, will serve the punishment we trust our coaches to fairly hand down, and will hopefully learn from this. Already touting JJ before NM has even been heard out/disciplined is, in my opinion, at best poor taste and at worse a total abandonment of the "family" concept this site and this university has built a legacy on.

Although I did not post that, to be fair, that edit was made before this situation referring solely to Jeremy Johnson being a very good backup.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. If you are trying to be a leader of the Auburn Tigers and a Heisman candidate you have no business being anywhere near marijuana. How can kids work so hard to get where they are and then throw it away on something as stupid as that? I just don't get it. I say pull him in for a drug test and if he is positive he is suspended. Period.

Bingo!!

Considering the citation rather than arrest, I'm going with the residual amount, not 8 or 9 grams.

So Gus and Nick are loading up to go to media days...

Gus: "Dude. Be careful who uses your car and buy a used Dust Buster at some thrift shop for $3."

Nick: "Gotcha' Coach!"

End of story.

But to all of you that are enjoying the lynching, keep at it until this non-event dies of it's own worthlessness. I hope Nick doesn't run one extra lap. "Residual" means somebody had weed in the car at some point in the last three years. So what?

PS: Just for the record, you are hearing this from the guy who predicted that Bessent's situation would turn into a non-event, which it did.

Considering the citation rather than arrest, I'm going with the residual amount, not 8 or 9 grams.

Gus: "Dude. Be careful who uses your car and buy a used Dust Buster at some thrift shop for $3."

End of story.

But to all of you that are enjoying the lynching, keep at it until this non-event dies of it's own worthlessness. I hope Nick doesn't run one extra lap. "Residual" means somebody had weed in the car at some point in the last three years. So what?

PS: Just for the record, you are hearing this from the guy who predicted that Bessent's situation would turn into a non-event, which it did.

The officer said he smelled it....so it was probably more recent than the last 3 years. And NM was not an 18 year old passenger in some one else's car....right? It wasn't that hard to call that one anyway.

Let's get real here. The legal issue is one thing. Auburn's reputation is quite another. After all that's gone on since 2010, this just is not acceptable behavior.

End of story.

The officer said he smelled it....so it was probably more recent than the last 3 years. And NM was not an 18 year old passenger in some one else's car....right? It wasn't that hard to call that one anyway.

Let's get real here. The legal issue is one thing. Auburn's reputation is quite another. After all that's gone on since 2010, this just is not acceptable behavior.

I would not be surprised if he just said that he smelled it in order to get his "probable cause" to search the vehicle.

End of story.

Getting real. It was not 8 or 9 grams or it wouldn't have been a citation, it would have been a full blown arrest! Again, 8 or 9 grams = 14 joints. They don't issue citations for 14 joints, they cuff and arrest.

Pulled over for window tint....Oh it's nick Marshall...Oh I think I smell something...Oh it's marijuana residue, but not much at all, so I will issue a citation and notify the media!

Get it yet?

End of story.

Getting real. It was not 8 or 9 grams or it wouldn't have been a citation, it would have been a full blown arrest! Again, 8 or 9 grams = 14 joints. They don't issue citations for 14 joints, they cuff and arrest.

Pulled over for window tint....Oh it's nick Marshall...Oh I think I smell something...Oh it's marijuana residue, but not much at all, so I will issue a citation and notify the media!

Get it yet?

Thanks for the eye witness account.

End of story.

So he should be some sort of martyr because Auburn has had a bad streak?

End of story.

Have you already forgotten that all that went on in 2010 was entirely bogus? This is very likely just as bogus as 2010, yet the lynch mob is forming. While you're at it, tear down Cam Newton's statue at JHS. After all, Auburn's reputation was damaged even though Cam did nothing wrong.

End of story.

Get it yet?

Thanks for the eye witness account.

OK, since you insist, I will play your silly games and stoop to your level. Here it goes:

You are welcome for the "common sense" account. I truly feel sorry for liberals like you that love hillary and obama so much and hate Christians and Conservatives like the majority of us. I must say, I am proud of you for not advocating the legalization of pot and other harmful drugs in this forum anyway, good job!

Are you happy now?

End of story.

Have you already forgotten that all that went on in 2010 was entirely bogus? This is very likely just as bogus as 2010, yet the lynch mob is forming. While you're at it, tear down Cam Newton's statue at JHS. After all, Auburn's reputation was damaged even though Cam did nothing wrong.

Good points!

Archived