Some Love For Sammie Coates

While I was impressed with his ability to get down the field last year, I hate to admit that I wasn't totally sold on him. I felt like he was just in a position to make catches because of the run game. He is rapidly developing into a once in a generation receiver.

The measurables are off the chart.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 45lb plates strapped to his waist and did 3 chinups? smh.....Sammie and Duke will be bullying these db's while I will be lmbo!

AND, in the only important weight lifting measure, he 's benching 400+

Careful now Tivo... that kind of talk can get you in trouble 'round these parts. I mean come on, bench presses don't REALLY have that much of an effect, do they? \s

Slammin' is going to have a record year at AU this year with some heat taken off him. Can't wait. :wareagle:

3 45lb plates strapped to his waist and did 3 chinups? smh.....Sammie and Duke will be bullying these db's while I will be lmbo!

Careful now Tivo... that kind of talk can get you in trouble 'round these parts. I mean come on, bench presses don't REALLY have that much of an effect, do they? \s

I'm much more impressed with the pullups, personally.

While I was impressed with his ability to get down the field last year, I hate to admit that I wasn't totally sold on him. I felt like he was just in a position to make catches because of the run game. He is rapidly developing into a once in a generation receiver.

Position to make catches because of the run game???

I'm guessing that he means that the defense would have to sell out to stop the run game, which would leave Sammie wide open for the big play. All he'd need to do is run down the middle of the field and wait for Marshall to lob it his way off of the play-action.

Well that's not true then he scored on big plays ,screens and intermediate as well. I don't really like bringing them up but this suits the point but bammer has been doing this for years but I've never heard it said about them

Defenses moved men into the box to stop the run, forcing corners to play up on him. Not only is he is physically stronger than most corners, rolling coverage up makes them incredibly susceptible to the double move, which is how he was open downfield.

I'm much more impressed with the pullups, personally.

I prefer to call them training pants. But they are impressive!

Still has a year left correct?

Yes. Only a Jr this year.

Still has a year left correct?

yeah doesn't matter though, cuz after the monster year he's gonna have this upcoming season he's going to the draft

Duke and Sammie will both be gone after this year. Sigh.

no! was thinking sammie would leave but duke needs to come back

no! sammie could leave but duke needs to come back

It was known before duke came to au that he wanted to be a one and done

Crap

Crap

My sentiments exactly. The best ee can hope is that sammie wants to stay

With the new rule that a team can only submit 5 underclassmen per year. And the only thing the nfl will evaluate is 1st round, 2nd round or stay in school. I think more underclassmen will stay, unless they are clearly ready to go.

AND, in the only important weight lifting measure, he's benching 400+

squats are pretty important as well. Great measure of explosiveness and total body strength.

No! The bench press is the only important measure round these parts.

/yellow.

Had a UGA friend text me and ask me how old Sammie was. I told him and he's scared to death that SC could be at Auburn for two more years!

Sammie is going to benefit as much as anyone from the presence of Daquille Williams. He had already shown late last season that he had taken things to another level. Duke has brought a confidence that has been contagious. They should both have great years.

Archived