44% Not Proud to be American

Weegle777

Remember that Michelle said after Obama was elected POTUS it was the first time she had been proud to be an American. I will sure be glad when she is no longer proud again.

Actually, she said that after he had won the Democratic nomination. Which should have set alarms off, all across the country, but thanks to the cover or the MSM, it was uniformly down played. Also, if you recall, she said pretty much the same thing, twice in one day. But after the first speech was reported, there was a quick rewrite of what she said, so the next stop on her tour, she changed it just enough so as to not make it sound so offensive. THAT is the version most Americans saw, and it was easier for the MSM to explain it away.

They were able to say " See? She didn't say anything nearly as bad as you THOUGHT she said ! " , and it got glossed over.

The Obamas are miserable people, imo, and far from REAL Americans.

Yeah, how could a black person not be proud of this country? We've always treated them so well!

So you cosign nurturing minority antipathies toward to US for things that happened in the past even though we have a black President, black judges, a black Supreme Court Justice, black Congressmen AND women, black cabinet heads, black Governors and mayors, college presidents, deans and successful black attorneys, physicians, entrepreneurs..in other words I would ask....How long do we focus on our nations racial transgressions of the past and not embrace the distance we've traveled since? At some point there has to be an end to the continued divisiveness especially when the system is working SO WELL for SO MANY of our black citizens.

There will never be a time that we can completely escape where we have been and what has been done but harping on it ad nauseum is problematic. There is no better time than now for all of us to recognize the progress that has been made rather than making excuses for stupid comments by Michelle Obama

So we should never consider, validate, or attempt to understand the perspective of others? Do you think that could be a problem?

Actuallly, I subscribe to the idea that too much emphasis is placed on nurturing minority antipathy toward the establishment. It is an industry. If you would like to argue that that just look at Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton and the way they exploit racial grievance and tell me with a straight face it isn't an industry. That being said, its an industry built on negative reinforcement that the country is ready to move past but it cant as long as there is SO MUCH money in the "struggle" if you will.

I absolutely agree with you. There is never a shortage of people willing to profit by exploiting of our differences. Is Rush one of those people? However, that cannot be an excuse, minimize the validity of, or change the reality of individual perspectives. We cannot wave a magic wand and make everyone happy or, simply dismiss the concerns of those who are not happy.

And there it is. In the end, the question becomes ... What will it take for EVERYONE to be happy? It'll NEVER happen but that will always be the excuse for perpetuating minority discontent. Lot of money being made doing precisely that!

Are you comparing Rush Limbaugh to Al Sharpton? Seriously? When was the last time Rush foisted a lie that comes even remotely close to the Tawanna Brawley lies perpetuated by Al Sharpton for personal enrichment?

Okay, so you will simply dismiss any concerns of minority groups? Again, those who fan the flames for personal gain do not warrant your approach.

Yes, I think Rush is actually worse. I believe he is a big reason why this country has turned on itself. I remember when he use to start his show with the phrase "talent on loan from God". I couldn't believe people bought into it then and, I don't understand why they buy into it now. Unless of course they just feel the need to be angry. His product is anger and hate. When Republicans started buying into his rhetoric, I knew my days as a Republican were numbered.

Wow..thats some weak sauce right there. Rush is an info-tainer. You need to understand his show would not be as successful if there was nothing to what he was talking about. His show is NOT about hate. Thats about as ridiculous as anything I have ever read. Does Rush have an agenda? Hail yes he does but it is not hate. He just honestly believes the left consistently gets it woefully wrong time after time after time and he backs up his sentiments with arguments they absolutely hate. I am not a Rush disciple but whenever I happen to hear a segment of his show, I always get a chuckle or two..nothing more nor less. Anyone taking it as seriously as you seem to be needs to sit down and have a sandwich or something. gee-whiz.

Like him or hate him nobody makes it to the level of success Rush has without talent. BTW, if talent is not on loan from God, where, exactly, does it come from? All of earthly experiences are temporary, right? Honestly, I have I wonder just how much of what Rush says you actually understand.

Well, I always assumed you were a ditto-head.

There's a special place in hell for people who profit on the hate and fears of others. Talent on loan from Satan would be more like it.

Exactly. At the very least, it is a perversion of talent.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that Michelle said after Obama was elected POTUS it was the first time she had been proud to be an American. I will sure be glad when she is no longer proud again.

Actually, she said that after he had won the Democratic nomination. Which should have set alarms off, all across the country, but thanks to the cover or the MSM, it was uniformly down played. Also, if you recall, she said pretty much the same thing, twice in one day. But after the first speech was reported, there was a quick rewrite of what she said, so the next stop on her tour, she changed it just enough so as to not make it sound so offensive. THAT is the version most Americans saw, and it was easier for the MSM to explain it away.

They were able to say " See? She didn't say anything nearly as bad as you THOUGHT she said ! " , and it got glossed over.

Yeah, how could a black person not be proud of this country? We've always treated them so well!

So you cosign nurturing minority antipathies toward to US for things that happened in the past even though we have a black President, black judges, a black Supreme Court Justice, black Congressmen AND women, black cabinet heads, black Governors and mayors, college presidents, deans and successful black attorneys, physicians, entrepreneurs..in other words I would ask....How long do we focus on our nations racial transgressions of the past and not embrace the distance we've traveled since? At some point there has to be an end to the continued divisiveness especially when the system is working SO WELL for SO MANY of our black citizens.

There will never be a time that we can completely escape where we have been and what has been done but harping on it ad nauseum is problematic. There is no better time than now for all of us to recognize the progress that has been made rather than making excuses for stupid comments by Michelle Obama

So we should never consider, validate, or attempt to understand the perspective of others? Do you think that could be a problem?

Actuallly, I subscribe to the idea that too much emphasis is placed on nurturing minority antipathy toward the establishment. It is an industry. If you would like to argue that that just look at Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton and the way they exploit racial grievance and tell me with a straight face it isn't an industry. That being said, its an industry built on negative reinforcement that the country is ready to move past but it cant as long as there is SO MUCH money in the "struggle" if you will.

I absolutely agree with you. There is never a shortage of people willing to profit by exploiting of our differences. Is Rush one of those people? However, that cannot be an excuse, minimize the validity of, or change the reality of individual perspectives. We cannot wave a magic wand and make everyone happy or, simply dismiss the concerns of those who are not happy.

And there it is. In the end, the question becomes ... What will it take for EVERYONE to be happy? It'll NEVER happen but that will always be the excuse for perpetuating minority discontent. Lot of money being made doing precisely that!

Are you comparing Rush Limbaugh to Al Sharpton? Seriously? When was the last time Rush foisted a lie that comes even remotely close to the Tawanna Brawley lies perpetuated by Al Sharpton for personal enrichment?

Okay, so you will simply dismiss any concerns of minority groups? Again, those who fan the flames for personal gain do not warrant your approach.

Yes, I think Rush is actually worse. I believe he is a big reason why this country has turned on itself. I remember when he use to start his show with the phrase "talent on loan from God". I couldn't believe people bought into it then and, I don't understand why they buy into it now. Unless of course they just feel the need to be angry. His product is anger and hate. When Republicans started buying into his rhetoric, I knew my days as a Republican were numbered.

Wow..thats some weak sauce right there. Rush is an info-tainer. You need to understand his show would not be as successful if there was nothing to what he was talking about. His show is NOT about hate. Thats about as ridiculous as anything I have ever read. Does Rush have an agenda? Hail yes he does but it is not hate. He just honestly believes the left consistently gets it woefully wrong time after time after time and he backs up his sentiments with arguments they absolutely hate. I am not a Rush disciple but whenever I happen to hear a segment of his show, I always get a chuckle or two..nothing more nor less. Anyone taking it as seriously as you seem to be needs to sit down and have a sandwich or something. gee-whiz.

Like him or hate him nobody makes it to the level of success Rush has without talent. BTW, if talent is not on loan from God, where, exactly, does it come from? All of earthly experiences are temporary, right? Honestly, I have I wonder just how much of what Rush says you actually understand.

Who is naive?

Not me because i see Rush as more of a comic than i do a threat to society like you do. .I swear you folks always amaze me with your dire warnings of impending doom perpetuated by the likes of El Rusbo. lmao

Perhaps you really see him that way but, I think you are lying (that would be a rather odd sense of humor, IMHO). I certainly do not believe the vast majority of his audience sees him as an amusing clown. I hope that you do not believe that his "talent" is in any way a reflection of God.

I never said he was a clown. I said he was an info-tainer. You have a persistent habit of trying to reframe my remarks to solidify your arguments. You take Rush's show, if you've ever even listened to it, far too seriously. All talent is on loan from God, dude. We all have a wonderful power to choose how we use it. I'd say Rush has done right well for himself.

You said comic (I can quote and highlight if needed). You might want to check the definition. Again, quite the odd sense of humor, IMHO.

Well, I always assumed you were a ditto-head.

There's a special place in hell for people who profit on the hate and fears of others. Talent on loan from Satan would be more like it.

Exactly. At the very least, it is a perversion of talent.

You 2 are a hoot. Now Rush is satanic.......HAHAHA...maybe El Rushbo is Lucifer himself?

"You said comic"

Might want to read it again. I'll help you out. i said "more of a comic"in a relative context to what you were calling him. Please do, copy and paste my exact quote. I think we would both benefit form that.

"You said comic"

Might want to read it again. I'll help you out. i said "more of a comic"in a relative context to what you were calling him. Please do, copy and paste my exact quote. I think we would both benefit form that.

Yes, that's quite a difference. Thank you for pointing that out!

Who is naive?

Not me because i see Rush as more of a comic than i do a threat to society like you do. .I swear you folks always amaze me with your dire warnings of impending doom perpetuated by the likes of El Rusbo. lmao

I wish more people saw him as a mere "comic". Apparently a lot of people think of him as being influential:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/17/you_re_listening_to_one_of_the_top_10_most_influential_celebrities_according_to_forbes

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/03/13/limbaughs-unrivaled-influence-on-republican-pol/186630

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/george-will-republican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/newsweek-survey-rush-limbaugh-glenn-beck-sean-hannity-named-influential-political-figures-article-1.452650

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sandy-goodman/right-wing-talk-radio_b_1365968.html

And my favorite, from townhall.com, who has him #1 in influence:

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/09/10/the-25-most-influential-people-on-the-right-for-2013-n1695737/page/full

So if Rush is a comic, does this mean right wing politics are a joke? After all, you are pretty funny! :laugh:

Who is naive?

I wish more people saw him as a mere "comic". Apparently a lot of people think of him as being influential:

http://www.rushlimba...rding_to_forbes

http://mediamatters....ican-pol/186630

http://abcnews.go.co...-rush-limbaugh/

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.452650

http://www.huffingto..._b_1365968.html

http://townhall.com/...95737/page/full

So if Rush is a comic, does this mean right wing politics are a joke? After all, you are pretty funny! :laugh:

Well, he's pretty funny to me. I see his humor misses completely on you 2. BTW, you have often chided me, hypocritically, for getting involved in an exchange between you and others in this forum. Are all you liberal windbags as big of a hypocrite as you are?

"You said comic"

Yes, that's quite a difference. Thank you for pointing that out!

STOP THE PRESSES! ;D

Who is naive?

IDK. I see him as a sort of sad clown.

Who is naive?

Well, he's pretty funny to me. I see his humor misses completely on you 2. BTW, you have often chided me, hypocritically, for getting involved in an exchange between you and others in this forum. Are all you liberal windbags as big of a hypocrite as you are?

No doubt. Which of these is your favorite?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/08/35-hateful-and-stupid-rush-limbaugh-quotes/

Who is naive?

No.

Who is naive?

http://www.addicting...imbaugh-quotes/

Did you purposely avoid my question? I see you apparently didn't feel a need to answer,presumably, because we both know the corrct answer.

http://www.addicting...imbaugh-quotes/

Did you purposely avoid my question? I see you apparently didn't feel a need to answer,presumably, because we both know the corrct answer.

Yes of course I purposely avoided your question.

Did you have an unfortunate head accident or were you born this way?

Thanks in advance for your response. :-\

I know the "corrct" answer. Wait, what was the question?

Oooooh you got me on a typo. After seeing the zeal you two demonstrated against my remarks about El Rushbo I must say i believe you boys have listened to him A LOT more than I have. Frankly, I haven't heard enough of him to hate him like you both clearly do.

I never thought that much about him to be honest and seriously haven't listened to 30 minutes total of him in my entire life. So, the truth is, i really dont know that much about him other than the precious few times I have heard him, I thought he was pretty funny. Do I need to apologize to you and homer for that?

Oooooh you got me on a typo. After seeing the zeal you two demonstrated against my remarks about El Rushbo I must say i believe you boys have listened to him A LOT more than I have. Frankly, I haven't heard enough of him to hate him like you both clearly do.

I never thought that much about him to be honest and seriously haven't listened to 30 minutes total of him in my entire life. So, the truth is, i really dont know that much about him other than the precious few times I have heard him, I thought he was pretty funny. Do I need to apologize to you and homer for that?

Well there's the problem then. Maybe you should listen to him more if you plan to defend him so vigorously.

In fact - since lack of knowledge in your subject matter doesn't seem to moderate you - that might be good general advice also.

Well there's the problem then. Maybe you should listen to him more if you plan to defend him so vigorously.

In fact - since lack of knowledge in your subject matter doesn't seem to moderate you - that might be good general advice also.

If you were being honest which is definitely NOT your strong suit, I dont believe you'd claim I am "vigorously" defending him. I really DGAS what he says and find it hard to believe that grwon men would have their panties as wadded up over a radio personality as you do over Rush Limbaugh. Good grief bud!

So, for all eternity, every black person must HATE this country ? Please. EVERY nation has treated groups of people poorly. Even the Indians have more legitimate reason to be angry.

If she hates it so much , then she should leave. Others have FAR more to be angry about than her, yet she's shown the most scorn. Why ?

Michelle never has known slavery, or what it's like for a black person to not get to vote. Or hold a job, own property, be elected to damn near any office in the land.

Condi Rice, who HAS legitimate reasons to dislike her country, shows more patriotism than Michelle ever will.

A steady diet of ' hate whitey ' from Rev Wright should have been enough to disqualify Obama for even running. At least in the court of public opinion. He's no more a valid candidate for the office of President than David Duke.

If you were being honest which is definitely NOT your strong suit, I dont believe you'd claim I am "vigorously" defending him. I really DGAS what he says and find it hard to believe that grwon men would have their panties as wadded up over a radio personality as you do over Rush Limbaugh. Good grief bud!

OK, strike vigorously if that's the problem. Just make it plain ole "defend". :-\

Actually, in hindsight, it was neither vigorous nor effective.

So, for all eternity, every black person must HATE this country ? Please. EVERY nation has treated groups of people poorly. Even the Indians have more legitimate reason to be angry.

If she hates it so much , then she should leave. Others have FAR more to be angry about than her, yet she's shown the most scorn. Why ?

Michelle never has known slavery, or what it's like for a black person to not get to vote. Or hold a job, own property, be elected to damn near any office in the land.

Condi Rice, who HAS legitimate reasons to dislike her country, shows more patriotism than Michelle ever will.

A steady diet of ' hate whitey ' from Rev Wright should have been enough to disqualify Obama for even running.

No.

I don't know, that's her business.

What "scorn"?

(Nice bit of racist-based criticism at the close. Just can't help yourself, can you?)

A steady diet of ' hate whitey ' from Rev Wright should have been enough to disqualify Obama for even running.

It is amazing that there is Michelle living THE most privileged life in America after having acted like she is ashamed of the country. Comparing her to Condi Rice, Michelle looks like a petulant ungrateful brat.

It is amazing that there is Michelle living THE most privileged life in America after having acted like she is ashamed of the country. Comparing her to Condi Rice, Michelle looks like a petulant ungrateful brat.

You shouldn't let something like that get your panties in such a wad. ;)

OK, strike vigorously if that's the problem. Just make it plain ole "defend". :-\

Actually, in hindsight, it was neither vigorous nor effective.

Probably because I dont really care and I certainly dont care nearly as much as you do. It seems you must live by your radio sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for Rush's next comment that you can get irate over.

So, you finally admit that I did not "vigorously" defend him, well, at least you're honest enough to admit that misrepresentation but you continue to harp on the topic as if it is really important to you. Is what Rush Limbaugh says THAT that important you?

You shouldn't let something like that get your panties in such a wad. ;)

When I post more than 10 times about it we can discuss my panties but not unitl I at least reach the threshold you have established with your Rush Limbaugh rants. A'ight?

Michelle looks like a petulant ungrateful brat.

That's all that needs sayin'. She doesn't even need to be compared to anyone else.

All on her own, that's what she looks like.

Aunt Esther, after getting left off the guest list.

%2521cid_X_MA26_1344815130%2540aol.jpg

Archived