USA vs Belgium - 2nd round - World Cup - Tue July 1, 4:00 PM

IndianTiger

I will be watching. That Portugal game took at least a year off my life. I have high hopes we beat Belgium, but I am just not too certain. Hopefully Altidore is back for it and 100%.

Apparently, Team USA is 31 out of 32 teams in Time of Possession (Twellman just brought that up). Not that possession alone matters, but its a way to dictate the game, tempo and create chances and tire the other team out. We have been chasing quite a bit in the last 3 games (particularly Ghana and Germany games).

Some teams (like Germany) seem to playing with no true No. 9 or striker, think we are playing with no true No. 10 (the midfield general who can control and dictate). Lets see how it goes in the Belgium game am sure Klinsmann will make the right adjustments.

Apparently, Team USA is 31 out of 32 teams in Time of Possession (Twellman just brought that up). Not that possession alone matters, but its a way to dictate the game, tempo and create chances and tire the other team out. We have been chasing quite a bit in the last 3 games (particularly Ghana and Germany games).

Some teams (like Germany) seem to playing with no true No. 9 or striker, think we are playing with no true No. 10 (the midfield general who can control and dictate). Lets see how it goes in the Belgium game am sure Klinsmann will make the right adjustments.

Bradley has to play a lot better for us to increase our possession.

I will be watching. That Portugal game took at least a year off my life. I have high hopes we beat Belgium, but I am just not too certain. Hopefully Altidore is back for it and 100%.

I have a exam during the game lol, how is that for unlucky.

You'll have to skip that exam. The USA needs you watching!!

I feel your pain, I had to work during the Germany game. Hated missing most if it. I was able to watch a little but in my phone at lunch using the Univision app. They stream all the games.

You'll have to skip that exam. The USA needs you watching!!

I feel your pain, I had to work during the Germany game. Hated missing most if it. I was able to watch a little but in my phone at lunch using the Univision app. They stream all the games.

I missed the Germany game also cause I was in class.... the class I have a test in.....apparently the new thing at the college of business is to have class at a certain time and then schedule the exams for different times. Never ran into that until now and this is the third class over there I have had that happen in.

I was surprised at how well Algeria played! The comedy of errors on that penalty kick was comedic gold.

The Algerian team had 7 players born in France, thought that is quite similar to Team USA with 5 German American players. The quality and footwork was very good and they stretched Germany quite a bit, lot of energy as well. Germany found a way to do what they usually do, score...

Several viewing parties in large venues today, across the country..

Soldier Field, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Campus Martius - Detroit..

any more feel free to add.

The game is at 3 Auburn time. Might be a good idea to edit the OP with 4 ET/ 3 CT

USA has to learn control. Most of the game we looked like we were just kicking the ball wildly and hoping one of our players would be where it ended up. We need a lot of work, but I think Klinsman is the man to get us where we need to be.

:(

Our offense looked pathetic most of the game. Too many blown opportunities, especially there at the end.

I think the defense pretty much kept us in the game. No ball control at all meant we were playing back on our heels the whole game. You have to think with THAT many shots on goal, there's no way we could win. It was inevitable we would lose. Howard was a beast though. Best goalie in the world in my opinion.

Julian Green - great timely goal. Future looks good if he continues to develop. Also, Yedlin looks like he develops will be much better player in 4 years.

In the World Cup, very rarely there are surprises at the knock out phase. I did think if we went to the quarters that would have been progress. We ran into a pretty good Belgium team.

The formula to win exists, US players will have to develop and find starting spots on large european clubs, there is no substitute for playing at a high level consistently. Having those Stars on the team eventually pays off in these knock out games.

Our offense looked pathetic most of the game. Too many blown opportunities, especially there at the end.

I think the defense pretty much kept us in the game. No ball control at all meant we were playing back on our heels the whole game. You have to think with THAT many shots on goal, there's no way we could win. It was inevitable we would lose. Howard was a beast though. Best goalie in the world in my opinion.

Yep. That about sums it up.

We did have the one chance to end the game in regulation, but Wondo couldn't quite finish.

Still proud of this team. Even though they didn't get past the round of 16, I think they played better than any other US team I have seen. Howard, especially, deserves praise.

I almost made it home from my exam without knowing the score, got in the parking lot of my complex and someone screamed it lol. So I have not watched the game yet.

I almost made it home from my exam without knowing the score, got in the parking lot of my complex and someone screamed it lol. So I have not watched the game yet.

Best bet is to skip it.

Archived