US Last In Health Care

Texan4Auburn

This is why it is imperative that programs are made available to educate or teach trades to every person no matter their income level. Which is why I am not opposed to the recent student loan bill that Obama pushed through. Get people educated and working and this won't be such a big issue.

True enough, but there will always be people who cannot pay directly for their healthcare.

And even people who are otherwise self-sufficient can be bankrupted by a catastrophic problem. A large part of the problem is the cost of services.

Yes, but that is why most go into the medical field, because it pays well. If you start cutting down what the medical field pays, the most talented physicians will go into fields where the money is, or will just privatize their services. And that means the medical care will be less than it could be. Herein lies the problem of cheap medical care.

And also, if more and more people are being educated, and are able to invest in the country by paying taxes, then the amount of people that working people have to support would be less.

This is why it is imperative that programs are made available to educate or teach trades to every person no matter their income level. Which is why I am not opposed to the recent student loan bill that Obama pushed through. Get people educated and working and this won't be such a big issue.

True enough, but there will always be people who cannot pay directly for their healthcare.

And even people who are otherwise self-sufficient can be bankrupted by a catastrophic problem. A large part of the problem is the cost of services.

Why does that only apply to health care? Why should legal representation be allowed to drive one into bankruptcy????

Sorry, didn't get the question.

Yes, but that is why most go into the medical field, because it pays well. If you start cutting down what the medical field pays, the most talented physicians will go into fields where the money is, or will just privatize their services. And that means the medical care will be less than it could be. Herein lies the problem of cheap medical care.

You may be right, but I wouldn't be too quick to assume it without some data to back it up. It's probably true for certain specialties but I suspect people in general family practice didn't really do it for the money.

Archived