SEC RBs

RunInRed

We all understand what these kinds of articles are saying. We don't have to prove anything to anyone. Gus is the consummate play caller. Regardless of the talent he has (running or passing) he understands how to cause the other team fits with his motion, deception, execution AND tempo. We will continue success, whether it be by the ground game or the passing game. These people out here who THINK they understand Gus is just grabbing at straws. In other words they are wasting their time trying to analyze him, it makes them feel better if they pretend to understand his game. I believe Gus has a plan and a means and we at Auburn are very fortunate for him to be on OUR sideline.

I am little worried about Henry. I've seen him in person and the dude is huge. The other two are good but untrustworthy in my opinion. Too many fumbles and too many failed conversions in big spots

Totally agree about Henry. I recorded about all the bowls last year, including the Sugar Bowl. I watch it every so often because I enjoy seeing the bammies get beat but Henry is going to be trouble for everybody. Drake is good but Henry is just awsome. We will have to just outscore them. I know that is a pretty dumb statement but I think you know what I mean. Gus will really have to turn it loose.

I don't really have a big problem with Bama and UGA being 1 and 2. But there is no reason we should be behind Arky and A&M and USC. That's just stupid.

I can even handle USCe being ahead of us, honestly, and I'm not sure I wouldn't put them ahead of Bama and UGA as well. Mike Davis is the real deal, and anyone who has kept up with Steve Spurrier knows that as much as he likes throwing the ball, a solid running game has been a staple of his offense since he was in Gainesville; I suspect he has plenty of talent stockpiled behind Davis, as well. The reason I have us ranked anywhere between 2-4 is that Yeldon, Gurley, and Davis have all proven they can be that primary ballcarrier, and the talent behind them is such that I can see a legitimate argument for any of them being #1 even if they aren't more talented than AU...but those are the only three teams I would say that about.

So, Ashcoff followed up his ranking of teams with a ranking of individual backs.

I agree with everyone saying this doesn't matter, it's just Ashcoff's opinion, he's just trying to get hits, and so forth.

But he has CAP rated #9, one behind TFr. Leonard Fournette.

This is laughable coming into this season. Laughable, I say!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laughable is the best word I could use to describe this recent article. Pure hype and no substance. CAP is not behind Fournette... CAP is a fully grown man and Fournette is a kid, albeit rising star. Common sense says you take the former over the latter

Laughable is the best word I could use to describe this recent article. Pure hype and no substance. CAP is not behind Fournette... CAP is a fully grown man and Fournette is a kid, albeit rising star. Common sense says you take the former over the latter

Exactly. I hope CAP and Corey are reading this crap.

Let the bammers and their sportswriter friends continue to pump up the expectations as they always do. As Cowherd said, these people live in an echo chamber where all they hear is how great they will be. As soon as one bammer voice finishes saying how great they are, another pops up and says the same thing. The echos just bounce around and by the time the season starts they will all believe they will be undefeated and playing for the NC. Instead the Alabama faithful ought to be asking questions as to why they are putting all of their offensive eggs in the basket of a QB who was a backup at FSU. Why did Saban not play Sims in games last year when they clearly had the games won? Saban had three years of McCarron as a starter and three recruiting seasons to find himself a QB. He has made headlines every year about signing some great QB prospects so where are those prospects now? At $7 Mil per year, I don't think Saban is earning his money. Let them lose 2 or 3 games this year and the bammers will be after his skin.

Archived