Yeah, Great Move Chief

Weegle777

I don't.

Well you certainly aren't willing to give him the benefit of being considered innocent until proven guilty. Why do you think it's acceptable to write off MIA servicemen based on heresay?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raptor, does he surround himself with incompetence or do they all ebb to his level?

Just something to think about. We are about to have Iraq & Afghanistan back to "Worse than 2001Levels."

We have spent $1TN on the two wars and we are about to have the clock in the Middle East set back to the 7th Century.

Our foreign policy could not be worse. Obama = CarterII.

You guys are hilarious. You were all hell-bent on invading Iraq even though any thinking person could see where that would lead. It's not a natural country. It was held together with an iron- handed dictator. Well, we freed them from that dictator and the country is coming apart. It was a fundamentally flawed idea. You don't fix those.

So you would have rather had Hussein keep the genocide going while throwing his own people in meat grinders? Do you even think about what you post?

So you think the invasion of Iraq was a good idea even in hindsight? Do you think we should still be present there in force?

Raptor, does he surround himself with incompetence or do they all ebb to his level?

Just something to think about. We are about to have Iraq & Afghanistan back to "Worse than 2001Levels."

We have spent $1TN on the two wars and we are about to have the clock in the Middle East set back to the 7th Century.

You guys are hilarious. You were all hell-bent on invading Iraq even though any thinking person could see where that would lead. It's not a natural country. It was held together with an iron- handed dictator. Well, we freed them from that dictator and the country is coming apart. It was a fundamentally flawed idea. You don't fix those.

So you would have rather had Hussein keep the genocide going while throwing his own people in meat grinders? Do you even think about what you post?

So you think the invasion of Iraq was a good idea even in hindsight? Do you think we should still be present there in force?

No i think it was a bad decision/

For good or bad, we have spent the blood and treasure there. We own it now.

Having it go back to before the Middle Ages, you are okay with that?

What's the alternative?

What's the alternative?

I know what can and will happen if extremist set up a Muslim state in the region. We've already seen what can happen in another nation where extremists asset up shop (Taliban).

President Obama cares way to much about himself to be the CIC. Unfortunately we are stuck with him and his incompetence. Hopefully he hits his head and comes up with something that protects our interests or the damage will soon find our shores. We've seen it happen a couple of times already.

What's the alternative?

I know what can and will happen if extremist set up a Muslim state in the region. We've already seen what can happen in another nation where extremists asset up shop (Taliban).

President Obama cares way to much about himself to be the CIC. Unfortunately we are stuck with him and his incompetence. Hopefully he hits his head and comes up with something that protects our interests or the damage will soon find our shores. We've seen it happen a couple of times already.

I see instead of outlining the alternative you just engaged in more Obama bashing. State what you're for--- explicitly-- instead of merely harping on who you're against. Do you want to invade again? How many troops? How long? What's the end game? Exit strategy?

What's the alternative?

I see instead of outlining the alternative you just engaged in more Obama bashing. State what you're for--- explicitly-- instead of merely harping on who you're against. Do you want to invade again? How many troops? How long? What's the end game? Exit strategy?

That's above mine, and your pay grade. The president deserves the bashing, and I'll do it until he changes or he's out. Only the misguided continue to support the failure.

What's the alternative?

That's above mine, and your pay grade. The president deserves the bashing, and I'll do it until he changes or he's out. Only the misguided continue to support the failure.

Wow. You've got nothing but hate and ridicule, yet you can't point out what he's NOT doing that he should be doing. If he's missing the obvious, what is the obvious? You complain constantly but offer nothing positive.

"Wow. You've got nothing but hate and ridicule, yet you can't point out what he's NOT doing that he should be doing. If he's missing the obvious, what is the obvious? You complain constantly but offer nothing positive."

Thsi^^ is rife with irony. It is not OUR job to run the country and just because barry is awful at his job doesn't mean our assessment of his performance is driven by hatred. Are you going to scold us all for being racists for disagreeing with barry? When we point out Hillary's failures are you going to scold us for being misogynists? Are you going to call me a xenophobe for disagreeing with not enforcing our borders?

Heres a newsflash. EVERYTHING is not about emotion. I know, I know you liberals try your damnedest to package EVERYTHING in emotional explanations. Its pathetic and weak just like the results of every move these boobs make.

"Wow. You've got nothing but hate and ridicule, yet you can't point out what he's NOT doing that he should be doing. If he's missing the obvious, what is the obvious? You complain constantly but offer nothing positive."

Thsi^^ is rife with irony. It is not OUR job to run the country and just because barry is awful at his job doesn't mean our assessment of his performance is driven by hatred. Are you going to scold us all for being racists for disagreeing with barry? When we point out Hillary's failures are you going to scold us for being misogynists? Are you going to call me a xenophobe for disagreeing with not enforcing our borders?

Heres a newsflash. EVERYTHING is not about emotion. I know, I know you liberals try your damnedest to package EVERYTHING in emotional explanations. Its pathetic and weak just like the results of every move these boobs make.

I'm not asking for emotion. I'm asking for proposed solutions. You offer none. All you have is emotion. You bring nothing useful to the table. Come on. Say something remotely thoughtful and useful.

What's the alternative?

Wow. You've got nothing but hate and ridicule, yet you can't point out what he's NOT doing that he should be doing. If he's missing the obvious, what is the obvious? You complain constantly but offer nothing positive.

Wow....how anyone can see positive out of this mess of a period in time is telling. Having to point out the numerous issues to you tells me you are more interested in trying to point at others for calling out the president (the current leader of your ideology) and make them look "bad" than hear my opinion.

I'm not asking for emotion. I'm asking for proposed solutions. You offer none. All you have is emotion. You bring nothing useful to the table. Come on. Say something remotely thoughtful and useful.

Don't bother....it's not like it matters or even makes sense to offer "solutions" when we have no real power here. It's just another TT ploy.

What's the alternative?

Wow....how anyone can see positive out of this mess of a period in time is telling. Having to point out the numerous issues to you tells me you are more interested in trying to point at others for calling out the president (the current leader of your ideology) and make them look "bad" than hear my opinion.

To the contrary. I've repeatedly asked your opinion about what we should do. I'm already well aware of your opinion of our President. In this thread I haven't defended him at all. My question is assuming the utter incompetence of the current administration, what specifically should we do? How do we solve this mess?

Honestly, the non military or emergency response issues are way above my pay grade. I can only site the issues and give a tiny .02. But it's not hard to site:

VA

IRS

Benghazi

Real Unemployment

Russia

Foreign non policy

War on Terrorism

Income depression

Over regulation

Bulging Government

Rising cost of living

Refugees on the southern border

I know I'm missing a ton.

Tex, you didnt answer my question. You think it is just fine to walk away from the mess that we created over there? You think it is fine to just waste all the blood, sweat, and tears and money we sent over there and sit back and watch the situation turn far worse than it has been in maybe centuries? Do you think it is okay for the women to be mistreated by these misogynistic bastards? You think it is fine for the children to be indoctrinated/brainwashed by these madmen? Do you think the people of that area are just not human and are therefore not worthy of aid? Did you sit back and smile as the US & UN watched 800K Africans die to genocide in Rwanda? Do you have no heart for those less fortunate?

And just for the record, Tex's MO is to continually ask questions and to wear you out explaining the answers, to which he will only feign not understanding and then rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Tex is why some on the board use the phrase: "I can explain it to you, i cannot comprehend it for you." It just is what it is...

He and his little kid buddies love to demand that others answer their questions, but they have no stones to answer simple questions posed to them.

Liberals=gutless and they follow their leader closely.

Tex, you didnt answer my question. You think it is just fine to walk away from the mess that we created over there? You think it is fine to just waste all the blood, sweat, and tears and money we sent over there and sit back and watch the situation turn far worse than it has been in maybe centuries? Do you think it is okay for the women to be mistreated by these misogynistic bastards? You think it is fine for the children to be indoctrinated/brainwashed by these madmen? Do you think the people of that area are just not human and are therefore not worthy of aid? Did you sit back and smile as the US & UN watched 800K Africans die to genocide in Rwanda? Do you have no heart for those less fortunate?

And just for the record, Tex's MO is to continually ask questions and to wear you out explaining the answers, to which he will only feign not understanding and then rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Tex is why some on the board use the phrase: "I can explain it to you, i cannot comprehend it for you." It just is what it is...

So do what? Send more American sons to their death for a lost cause? You supported this mess from the start and insulted me more than ten years ago for disagreeing with you. You have a ton of nerve insulting me now given your track record on this issue. Would this cause be worth your son's life? If not, how do you condemn someone else's son to such a fate? It's a mess. It was always destined to be a mess. We can't fix it. We can lose more lives, incur more debt, but we won't fix it. Should we feel bad as a country for the mess we created? You bet. Especially you chest thumping arrogant types who insisted on it. But you don't. You guys just keep insulting those who saw this quagmire for what it was from the start. Spare me your hypocritical sense of outrage. This blood is on your hands and everyone else who supported it. You've learned nothing.

So do what? Send more American sons to their death for a lost cause? You supported this mess from the start and insulted me more than ten years ago for disagreeing with you. You have a ton of nerve insulting me now given your track record on this issue. Would this cause be worth your son's life? If not, how do you condemn someone else's son to such a fate? It's a mess. It was always destined to be a mess. We can't fix it. We can lose more lives, incur more debt, but we won't fix it. Should we feel bad as a country for the mess we created? You bet. Especially you chest thumping arrogant types who insisted on it. But you don't. You guys just keep insulting those who saw this quagmire for what it was from the start. Spare me your hypocritical sense of outrage. This blood is on your hands and everyone else who supported it. You've learned nothing.

Actually, i have learned a lot. WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN INVOLVED IN THE MIDDLE EAST. The Russians, THE FREAKIN RUSSIANS!, gave up there. We have wasted so many lives etc there. What we have now is scary bad. if these people do fulfill their "ISIS" plan make no mistake, there will be war. I say loudly and proudly let the Chinese and the Indians deal with it as we "Drill Baby Drill" to buy time and a safe distance until something better comes along. The Chinese and the Indians will eventually be drawn into the war for oil. Their economies will demand it.

If you are wondering about my last post, i was just pointing out to you that asking questions really only pisses people off. Hindsight being 20/20, WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN INTO ALL OUT WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST. We should have done some quick Delta Force type raids and gotten the hell out. But lets also remember that the call for war was on both sides and across the coalition. We should have only gone into Afghanistan.

The number of peoples that have gotten drawn into this thousands of years old war are numerous and they all lost. The Russians, the Romans, the British, the US, the UN, etc have all failed to bring anything more than temporary peace there. As soon as we leave, the Sunnis and the Shia will be at each others throats, a'la Iraq now. It is THE quagmire. Support Israel as we can, and hope that someday the kids wise up and stop the slaughter.

As for my son, i am afraid that his generation may be dragged into another 10-20 year war and come away just as we are now, with nothing to show for it.

Amen! We share a lot in common on this issue. When Iraq was being planned out I was shaking my head. I knew they had chemical weapons (I donned mop level 4 a couple of times during Desert Storm because of the threat and use) but I never thought they had the capability to launch them more than a couple hundred miles. As long as Saddam was around it kept Iran in check. He (Saddam) was a thug and a murderer but he was also a fire wall or sorts.

However, once we took ownership of it we should have seen it through, as we have in Korea. Having a stabilizing force (and someone like Coker) in the region was the best option for long term success for the Iraqi people and their government. The lack of leadership in the United States has opened the door for ISIS and groups like them. Now we have to figure a way to work with Iran and others in the region to drive them out.

Amen! We share a lot in common on this issue. When Iraq was being planned out I was shaking my head. I knew they had chemical weapons (I donned mop level 4 a couple of times during Desert Storm because of the threat and use) but I never thought they had the capability to launch them more than a couple hundred miles. As long as Saddam was around it kept Iran in check. He (Saddam) was a thug and a murderer but he was also a fire wall or sorts.

However, once we took ownership of it we should have seen it through, as we have in Korea. Having a stabilizing force (and someone like Coker) in the region was the best option for long term success for the Iraqi people and their government. The lack of leadership in the United States has opened the door for ISIS and groups like them. Now we have to figure a way to work with Iran and others in the region to drive them out.

Unfortunately, spot on. We created the power vacuum that made this possible. Pretty bad that we now have to "work with Iran" as they are sending in fighters to run out the bad, bad guys. When you create a situation where Iran becomes your ally on something like this; you know you've made a bargain with the devil.

In this case, I do think we need to send in air power to halt the ISIS advance...the least offensive and most effective solution from a menu of mutually offensive solutions. Absent us doing this; we leave it open for Iran to spread their influence and then we have to deal with another issue with them...nuclear containment is enough. The irony is they lost a million men or more during the Iran/Iraq war; and now we create the vacuum that is allowing them to be invited in...we've reached new levels of incompetence.

My proposal is as follows:

• Use air power to blunt the ISIS advance
  • Get advisors back in there to plan the Iraq forces counter attack and then counter attack with Iraqi forces supported by US air power...don't let them rest or sleep...harass them constantly from the air
  • Go to the negotiating table with Maliki, like an adult, and get a damn status of forces agreement like we should have done 3 years ago that would have prevented this...and keep a deterrent force in the country for the forseeable future; open ended commit
  • Deal with getting the Iranian's out that have come in...going to be ugly...but, his Worship created the situation he has to deal with it.
  • Learn from this and revise current Afghan course and speed

These are the realities of what we have to deal with. This is another example of having an incompetent staff in place that can't deal with the world like adults. Obama cannot negotiate and find solutions to anything. There is nothing in his background or makeup that has prepared him for doing what is needed as President. Professional agitators, agitate. He can't even negotiate and compromise with Harry Reid....he has a piss poor skill set for someone that has to find common ground with allies and enemies to move the American agenda forward.

Archived