The claim of a 97% consensus on global warming does not stand up

MDM4AU

Meanwhile the US Coast Guard was able to finally cut through the remaining ice pack on the Great Lakes today, signalling an end to a 7 month battle with mother nature. ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile the US Coast Guard was able to finally cut through the remaining ice pack on the Great Lakes today, signalling an end to a 7 month battle with mother nature. ;)

There's still ice at the north and south poles too. :dunno:

As you like to say....."And your point?" LOL

Listen, the point is clear. if you dont believe in global warming you're an idiot. homer has made that painfully clear many times. On a side note, I heard today that the reason aliens are visiting earth in their galactic travels is because of global warming. I've seen it attached to quite a few things, from causing teen pregnancies to domestic violence to even causing the coldest winter in 50 or 60 years. The left is consistent and they're essentially making AGW the root of all that's evil in the universe and to question it is beyond ignorant...its heresy. :angry:

(Obviously) my point is there is no point in either post.

Of course you'd say that...because it doesn't fit your narrative. :hellyeah:

My narrative? I don't recall ever originating a post on AGW.

The only "narrative" or more accurately, purpose, I have is to point out the fallacy of specific claims made by the deniers on this forum. I feel like it's my duty. I try to be polite about it, but it's hard considering the insults I gather for simply correcting false claims.

So if you guys stop posting lies and propaganda, I'll stop correcting them. That's my "narrative".

My narrative. I don't recall ever originating a post on AGW. The only narrative I have is to point out the fallacy of specific claims made by the deniers on this forum.

I feel like it's my duty. I try to be polite about it, but it's hard considering the insults I gather for simply correcting false claims.

Your "duty"?!?!?! HA! When you correct someone with your facts it may not add up to theirs. Stop acting as though the issue is 100% fact because it's not. And that is the opinion of many in here so deal with it.

My narrative. I don't recall ever originating a post on AGW. The only narrative I have is to point out the fallacy of specific claims made by the deniers on this forum.

I feel like it's my duty. I try to be polite about it, but it's hard considering the insults I gather for simply correcting false claims.

Your "duty"?!?!?! HA! When you correct someone with your facts it may not add up to theirs. Stop acting as though the issue is 100% fact because it's not. And that is the opinion of many in here so deal with it.

I never said the "issue" is 100% anything, much less acted like it. After all, the fact 97% of researchers in the field support AGW theory is not 100%.

But if someone posts something specific which is wrong, then it's wrong.

And yes, since I care about everyone on here as fellow lovers of Auburn University, I do consider it my responsibility to help them understand the actual facts and the science behind them when they believe something that is not true.

Homer, you don't believe in facts. You believe in bad science and you demonstrate time and again on this board. You are the anti-science proponent.

Homer, you don't believe in facts. You believe in bad science and you demonstrate time and again on this board. You are the anti-science proponent.

homer is a disciple of apocalyptic climateering. Here is a quote from a really fair piece on the politization of climate change. The piece itself is long but very insightful and worth the time it takes to read it. I'll link it below the quote:

"The real “deniers” today are the climateers who refuse to consider that their case for catastrophe has weakened even as they promote unserious solutions that do little or nothing to stimulate the genuine energy transition they say they want. Their default position continues to be simpleminded exaggeration or distortion of every possible angle for political gain."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/climate-cultists_794401.html?page=3

You will need to lead with a little more than an opinion to make a serious case for that.

Meanwhile the US Coast Guard was able to finally cut through the remaining ice pack on the Great Lakes today, signalling an end to a 7 month battle with mother nature. ;)/>

There's still ice at the north and south poles too. :dunno:/>

Of course you'd say that...because it doesn't fit your narrative. :hellyeah:/>

I never said the "issue" is 100% anything, much less acted like it. After all, the fact 97% of researchers in the field support AGW theory is not 100%.

And yes, since I care about everyone on here as fellow lovers of Auburn University, I do consider it my responsibility to help them understand the actual facts and the science behind them when they believe something that is not true.

Working here at said university with scientists and researchers it's my responsibility to let you know that your facts/opinions differ from many who are more knowledgable than either of us. Understood!?! As I've stated before man had a role to play but the geothermal changes we are seeing today is happening regardless of mans introduction of CO2.

homer is a disciple of apocalyptic climateering. Here is a quote from a really fair piece on the politization of climate change. The piece itself is long but very insightful and worth the time it takes to read it. I'll link it below the quote:

"The real “deniers” today are the climateers who refuse to consider that their case for catastrophe has weakened even as they promote unserious solutions that do little or nothing to stimulate the genuine energy transition they say they want. Their default position continues to be simpleminded exaggeration or distortion of every possible angle for political gain."

http://www.weeklysta...401.html?page=3

Steven Hayward is an apparent political flak (non-scientist) who spreads this sort of drivel in all the right wing political rags like The Weekly Standard and Forbes.

It's political commentary. It has nothing to do with the science.

Meanwhile the US Coast Guard was able to finally cut through the remaining ice pack on the Great Lakes today, signalling an end to a 7 month battle with mother nature. ;)/>

There's still ice at the north and south poles too. :dunno:/>

Of course you'd say that...because it doesn't fit your narrative. :hellyeah:/>

Working here at said university with scientists and researchers it's my responsibility to let you know that your facts/opinions differ from many who are more knowledgable than either of us. Understood!?! As I've stated before man had a role to play but the geothermal changes we are seeing today is happening regardless of mans introduction of CO2.

My facts and opinion are derived from those who are more knowledgable in the geosciences than either of us. Understood?

Thanks for reiterating your opinion. But I will stick to the aforementioned experts in the field and the scientific literature if you don't mind.

Archived