The left ridiculed Bush

TheBlueVue

It's not our responsibility, but it tends to find us and when it does we pay a very heavy price (WWII). The situation in Iraq will change the course of history in the world unless Saudi Arabia and Turkey get involved.

It's not our responsibility, but it tends to find us and when it does we pay a very heavy price (WWII). The situation in Iraq will change the course of history in the world unless Saudi Arabia and Turkey get involved.

So what should we do in your opinion?

Ok...I'll actually go against my gut feeling and step into this one.

I would position air and naval assets in the region, along with Intel, and hit them as hard as we can so we can begin to change the dynamic on the ground from the air. I'd also prepare the American people by telling them "we cannot stand idly by and allow a terror group to set up a nation state that would be able to replicate another 9/11 attack on US soil". I'd also use those air assets to cut them into sections along the Iraqi/Syria corridor so they couldn't run wild throughout the two countries.

In the meantime I'd work (begrudgingly) with Saudi Arabia and Turkey to gather support from the north and the east. If that fails we go it alone.

The Iraqis will only fight if they think they can win. I've been there and I've seen how they operate. They don't have the courage or conviction to fight because they lack sufficient confidence. When they have it, they do well. When they don't they wilt like a flower in the dessert.

I would position air and naval assets in the region, along with Intel, and hit them as hard as we can so we can begin to change the dynamic on the ground from the air. I'd also prepare the American people by telling them "we cannot stand idly by and allow a terror group to set up a nation state that would be able to replicate another 9/11 attack on US soil". I'd also use those air assets to cut them into sections along the Iraqi/Syria corridor so they couldn't run wild throughout the two countries.

In the meantime I'd work (begrudgingly) with Saudi Arabia and Turkey to gather support from the north and the east. If that fails we go it alone.

The Iraqis will only fight if they think they can win. I've been there and I've seen how they operate. They don't have the courage or conviction to fight because they lack sufficient confidence. When they have it, they do well. When they don't they wilt like a flower in the dessert.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I apologize for the banter. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

Thank you.

I apologize for the banter. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

No worries.

Archived