(confirmed) Carl Lawson - Knee Surgery

Wareagletd

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want him back for Kstate. Just my opinion.

My thinking as well.

There should be enough talent in the D-line rotation to disrupt K-State's rhythm on offense and get to their QB, but it would be great to have him back in the lineup for this one.

No one knows. It's not an ACL tear. It could be an MCL tear or a torn meniscus. Either of those would, generally, put him on schedule to rejoin the team around the bye week. If he's a fast healer, KState would be a week earlier.

Oct 4th is the "must have 100%" date.

I understand your concern for LSU, but I think we need him more as a pass rusher against K-State than as a pass rusher against LSU. But for overall defensive line, I do see a need for him against both teams. I just want him healthy enough not to be an "on again-off again" injury, so that we don't know if he will play.

Carl is an ultimate competitor, so I hope he has common sense and does not come back too soon. He has big money to make and I know Gus will not jeopardize that. I will take Carl Lawson whenever he is ready, not a minute before.

The next DE in line behind Carl will do a solid job, as will the next behind the next and so forth. This is why.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to my friend on the team tonight and he said carl is walking around like nothing is wrong with his knee so he thinks that he will be fine by the fall. nothing concrete but figured it was worth sharing

My son was in Auburn last week for Camp War Eagle. He couldn't text me fast enough that he saw Carl on campus. He tells me Carl had a knee brace on but was walking without a noticeable limp.

The only place anyone has ever said ACL/MCL tear is here. And they claimed to have actual information on this. Yet now that they are wrong, and nothing about the information was close. I wonder why they can't admit that they didn't know what they were talking about? The first reports were that it was nothing and just a bone bruise. The initial MRI did miss a small issue that a second MRI found. Once they saw it they addressed it. He is and has been in a boot, but is walking on it. That is all we are going to know. HIPAA.

Gus hasn't lied to anyone about injuries. THEY CAN'T GIVE OUT MEDICAL INFO!

The only place anyone has ever said ACL/MCL tear is here. And they claimed to have actual information on this. Yet now that they are wrong, and nothing about the information was close. I wonder why they can't admit that they didn't know what they were talking about? The first reports were that it was nothing and just a bone bruise. The initial MRI did miss a small issue that a second MRI found. Once they saw it they addressed it. He is and has been in a boot, but is walking on it. That is all we are going to know. HIPPA.

The only place anyone has ever said ACL/MCL tear is here. And they claimed to have actual information on this. Yet now that they are wrong, and nothing about the information was close. I wonder why they can't admit that they didn't know what they were talking about? The first reports were that it was nothing and just a bone bruise. The initial MRI did miss a small issue that a second MRI found. Once they saw it they addressed it. He is and has been in a boot, but is walking on it. That is all we are going to know. HIPPA.

"I wonder why they can't admit that they didn't know what they were talking about"

There are allot of people that have a terrible time admitting they are wrong and moving on!

I'm confused why people are saying they can't give out medical information. They are supposed to give out accurate medical reports during the season, even though we've seen this staff stretch out Justin Garrett's "he's almost ready!" injury over the entire season lol. Maybe they mean in the off-season?

Let's just let Arky know he wont be on the field so that we can say "OK, thanks for the info"? Guy is a game changer and I would drag this out just like Garrett all season if needed.

I'm confused why people are saying they can't give out medical information. They are supposed to give out accurate medical reports during the season, even though we've seen this staff stretch out Justin Garrett's "he's almost ready!" injury over the entire season lol. Maybe they mean in the off-season?

The staff releasing specific info about Carl's injury without his consent would be the same thing as the university disclosing specific information about results from blood tests that I get at the AU Med Clinic. It violates a law protecting patient information. Has nothing to do with off season.

Why is this still an argument? SAE stated that he had heard that Carl was walking better and should be ready by Fall. We should probably leave it alone by now and hope that Carl's ready for our run to the Playoffs and then to the Championship. War Eagle!

. HIPPA.

HIPAA

Real funny Mr. PeePants! Quoting me and trying to infer that I, Dixie1860, had made an error by changing my HIPAA to HIPPA so everyone would laugh at and mock me? :(

(I don't know why the EDIT message shows up on my OP?) I suppose that was your doing well... :moon:.

The staff releasing specific info about Carl's injury without his consent would be the same thing as the university disclosing specific information about results from blood tests that I get at the AU Med Clinic. It violates a law protecting patient information. Has nothing to do with off season.

I understand the patient privacy aspect, for sure. But I'm confused as to how the in-season injury reports fall within these parameters.

I understand the patient privacy aspect, for sure. But I'm confused as to how the in-season injury reports fall within these parameters.

If I had to guess, I would wager the NCAA contract the guys sign waives HIPAA rights in the case of reporting injury for competition's sake. I will do some digging.

If I had to guess, I would wager the NCAA contract the guys sign waives HIPAA rights in the case of reporting injury for competition's sake . I will do some digging.

I would seriously doubt that is the case. I've been wrong before, but that just doesn't seem like something that would be allowed to occur, especially given that the only reason for doing something like that would be "for competition's sake"

Here's a good link on it:

http://www.rcfp.org/reporters-guide-medical-privacy-law/confusing-laws-keep-information-confidential-college-campuses

Basic upshot: If the medical record comes from athletic trainers/student health centers/etc., then it's actually not covered under HIPAA, it falls under FERPA (Family Education Rights Privacy Act). If the record comes from an outside hospital (so, if the Lawsons had the surgery done outside of the confines of the student medical staff), it's a HIPAA thing.

Archived