(confirmed) Carl Lawson - Knee Surgery

Wareagletd

I don't think anyone is bashing the messenger but I am confident at this point for what ever reason you got the wrong info. It happens, Like I have always been told, when you find yourself in the hole "stop digging "We will accept that you reported what you were told, just turned out it was wrong. WDE

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never a big deal when passing info it's when someone have a different opinion and then one person is telling the other they're wrong is when problems usually hit

Lawson is the prototype, he has a monster body. if he destroyed his knee in the spring, I think he COULD be ready week 1 and definitely before LSU.

Okay, now I'm confused.

His family said it was not an ACL. CEJ said that Lawson could miss the season opener Aug. 30 against Arkansas, but even that is up in the air, adding Auburn is "still very optimistic" about it.

Would coach Johnson intentionally mislead everyone (i.e., lie)? Why would Lawson's family be uninformed and/or lie about it?

Or am I just naive?

Ha! You guys crack me up. I'm telling you it was a complete tear no doubt about it by initial reports. Now if the performing surgeon saw something else during the surgery...whatever. As far as a timetable, I would be doubtful that he could come back this season, but I guess stranger things have happened. I have no idea about the family's quotes but something doesn't add up. That said, I am not backing down from what I know to be fact, that it appeared that Carl tore the acl and mcl.

Your way out on a limb with this. What your stating as fact means you have first hand knowledge. ie part of the exam, part of the surgery team. If your fact is what your heard someone say then you are using hear say. Whose intial reports are you refering to? The second part of what the performing surgeon saw means you are discounting Dr. Andrews as whatever. All I hear is your indirect opinion without first hand knowledge. Your statement of that it appeared Carl tore the acl and mcl is not a diagnois but at best an assessment. And who made the assessment? Beyond the board room conversation it is Lawson's own private health matter.

The staff lied about Justin Garrett's injury pretty much the whole season. I think we should expect this type of stuff under Gus. If they said Garrett was "almost ready" for as long as they did only to shut him down, IMO it doesn't bode well for Lawson. Just my uninformed opinion.

It's not a bad thing, just frustrating for fans. Anything spoken to media is carefully calculated by the staff either guarding a information or intentionally just giving PC answers.

Okay, now I'm confused.

His family said it was not an ACL. CEJ said that Lawson could miss the season opener Aug. 30 against Arkansas, but even that is up in the air, adding Auburn is "still very optimistic" about it.

Would coach Johnson intentionally mislead everyone (i.e., lie)? Why would Lawson's family be uninformed and/or lie about it?

Or am I just naive?

I don't see anything necessarily conflicting in the two statements. If the family says it isn't a torn ACL, then it is not. CEJ says he may miss the first game or so, but he doesn't say anything about the specifics of the injury. Just because it isn't a torn ACL doesn't mean there won't be a lot of recovery and rehab to be done.

Ha! You guys crack me up. I'm telling you it was a complete tear no doubt about it by initial reports. Now if the performing surgeon saw something else during the surgery...whatever. As far as a timetable, I would be doubtful that he could come back this season, but I guess stranger things have happened. I have no idea about the family's quotes but something doesn't add up. That said, I am not backing down from what I know to be fact, that it appeared that Carl tore the acl and mcl.

Your way out on a limb with this. What your stating as fact means you have first hand knowledge. ie part of the exam, part of the surgery team. If your fact is what your heard someone say then you are using hear say. Whose intial reports are you refering to? The second part of what the performing surgeon saw means you are discounting Dr. Andrews as whatever. All I hear is your indirect opinion without first hand knowledge. Your statement of that it appeared Carl tore the acl and mcl is not a diagnois but at best an assessment. And who made the assessment? Beyond the board room conversation it is Lawson's own private health matter.

You need to back off AUSBURN. Medicine isn't 1+1=2. It's more like 1+1= 1765. You can get 4 ortho docs in a room and there is 6 different ways you can treat an injury. PTB passed on info that he's lucky to get, that's more than we already know

You need to back off AUSBURN. Medicine isn't 1+1=2. It's more like 1+1= 1765. You can get 4 ortho docs in a room and there is 6 different ways you can treat an injury. PTB passed on info that he's lucky to get, that's more than we already know

I don't care what field of study you are in, 1 +1 will never equal 1,765. Js

Cute.

Article at AL.com today: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/06/possibility_of_injured_auburn.html

Quote: Definitive details on the surgery are not available, according to Johnson and Lawson, Sr., but his family confirmed Thursday the sophomore did not tear the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Pretty definitive on the ACL. Doesn't mean he didn't tear something other than the ACL I guess...

Cute.

You said it....

Article at AL.com today: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/06/possibility_of_injured_auburn.html

Quote: Definitive details on the surgery are not available, according to Johnson and Lawson, Sr., but his family confirmed Thursday the sophomore did not tear the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Pretty definitive on the ACL. Doesn't mean he didn't tear something other than the ACL I guess...

But the right knee...

Not debating. Just looking at what was written. Not even talking about how to treat an injury. Is the acl completely torn or not? Is the sun up or down? Don't get defensive when someone questions an opinion. Where not in an alley (edit) with PBR bottles in our hands.

Guest jojo1515

I assume you mean "we're not in an alley".... sorry for spelling police but that sentence takes on a whole new meaning spelled in that manner lol

I assume you mean "we're not in an alley".... sorry for spelling police but that sentence takes on a whole new meaning spelled in that manner lol

You owe me a new beer, since you made me spray mine on my monitor.

You owe me a new beer, since you made me spray mine on my monitor.

I'll edit. I don't remember being there...... much less with anyone else.

probably a real good time to lock this thread. I think AU fans should take the family and coaches at their word . I think their is a hopeful bunch out there that wants something bad to happen, if you know what I mean. It has been debated and answers have come from the family, so right or wrong leave it there. Also in the future we really should not discuss player injuries unless they come from the player or coaches. If someone is truly an insider and Auburn fans then they should not discuss it. Leave it to them to make the statement and take it for what its worth. JMHO. WDE

Auburn defensive end Carl Lawson, who had knee surgery last month, says he expects to be ready for preseason camp in early August, according to Phillip Marshall of AuburnUndercover.com.

Others familiar with the circumstances say that, though Lawson has progressed more rapidly than expected, it is likely overly optimistic to expect him to be ready so soon.

So when will Lawson, who figures to be Auburn’s top pass rusher if healthy, return? At this point, it’s unlikely he’ll miss the entire season. But no one seems to have a real grasp on just when he could reasonably be expected to be back on the field.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Timetable-for-Lawsons-return-uncertain-29191196

Carl is a freak. If anyone would come back early, it would be Carl.

Wow, all I would say is don't rush it. We're fine not playing him for the first few games, at least. I'd say if he feels ready and has been cleared, let him suit up so that if we absolutely needed him, we had him, but other than that, let it heal up

Archived