(confirmed) Carl Lawson - Knee Surgery

Wareagletd

I think people are just speculating on here considering that post and Johnson's comments. Maybe a bit of an over reaction.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Carl can recover and be ready to go by early October if not sooner.

If it's a complete tear (which sounds like it is considering he had surgery) then unfortunately he's all but guaranteed to miss the entire season.

It was a complete tear.

Carl Lawson dad stated it was no tear only a bone bruise they were cleaning up ( according to AL.com article), so that is good news. One reason we should always wait for the official report. WDE

I think people are just speculating on here considering that post and Johnson's comments. Maybe a bit of an over reaction.

These latest few posts aren't speculation, they are quotes from people in a position to know.

No tear, that's great news! That changes a lot as to his rehab and return.

LOL....and back and forth we go. I'll just take a wait and see approach I guess. Hopefully we get to see Lawson play some this year because you can't replace a talent like that!

If it isn't speculation then why are there two different stories? SOMEBODY is speculating

This might be a good place to paste the exact excerpt from the article on Al.com.

TIFWIW

Branden Marcello, Al.com, 6/12/14

" " Definitive details on the surgery are not available, according to Johnson and Lawson, Sr., but his family confirmed Thursday the sophomore did not tear the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Lawson injured his knee late in spring practices and was using crutches to support his weight at Auburn's A-Day scrimmage on April 19. Lawson Sr. said his son had a "bone bruise" of some sort, and doctors performed the surgery to "clean some stuff up." "

http://www.al.com/au...red_auburn.html

Ha! You guys crack me up. I'm telling you it was a complete tear no doubt about it by initial reports. Now if the performing surgeon saw something else during the surgery...whatever. As far as a timetable, I would be doubtful that he could come back this season, but I guess stranger things have happened. I have no idea about the family's quotes but something doesn't add up. That said, I am not backing down from what I know to be fact, that it appeared that Carl tore the acl and mcl.

I grew up with his step dad. He's saying torn ACL. It's not as bad as it could be, but he will probably be out this year. He wants to make sure it is completely healed before returning to the field. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but i don't believe it will be at the beginning of the year.

Does Carl Lawson even have a step dad? Carl Lawson Sr is the one telling Al.com that there is no ACl tear.

That said, I am not backing down from what I know to be fact, that it appeared that Carl tore the acl and mcl.

Doc, you are confusing me. You state that you know it was a tear, but then you say that it *appeared* to be a tear. Was your use of "appeared" simply a misstatement?

Thanks for your info,

No offense to anyone here, but I have more faith in the facts presented in the al.com story than the perceived "facts" making their rounds.

I grew up with his step dad. He's saying torn ACL. It's not as bad as it could be, but he will probably be out this year. He wants to make sure it is completely healed before returning to the field. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but i don't believe it will be at the beginning of the year.

Does Carl Lawson even have a step dad? Carl Lawson Sr is the one telling Al.com that there is no ACl tear.

I have no idea about Carl's family situation, but you do realize it's possible that his mother is now married to someone other than his biological father, right?

Clearly, he did not realize that because when your mom marries someone else, that "someone else" is, by definition, your step-dad. Since jeff asked whether Carl "even [has] as a step dad", I think it's fair to assume he didn't know Carl's mom was no longer married to Carl Sr.

Regardless, I'm going to accept his dad's public statement. Whether they thought he had a tear and later found out he didn't or whether ptb is just wrong and ACL tear was never on the table, it's irrelevant. The most knowledgeable person commenting on the situation says he didn't tear his ACL. I suppose it could be an MCL tear, which generally takes less time to rehab, but Carl isn't looking at a definitely-out-for-the-year injury.

I suspect we'll play is slow with him. We have enough to beat Arkansas without him. If he's not a fully participant in fall practice, it won't shock me if we hold him out till the bye-week.

I have no idea about Carl's family situation, but you do realize it's possible that his mother is now married to someone other than his biological father, right?

I know what a stepdad is...I figured his step dad would've been the one to speak to AL.com. When coach Garner visited Carl Lawson and his family in high school, I know he spoke with Carl Lawson Sr then as well. In many articles, Carl Lawson calls his father a great role model..as well as the one that helped guide Carl Lawson to Auburn...So where is the step dad thats not getting any credit?

That said, I am not backing down from what I know to be fact, that it appeared that Carl tore the acl and mcl.

Doc, you are confusing me. You state that you know it was a tear, but then you say that it *appeared* to be a tear. Was your use of "appeared" simply a misstatement?

Thanks for your info,

I guess only Dr Andrews knows for sure and this is really all Carl and his family and his immediate doctors' business and not ours. I'm just really confused about the whole situation. 1. Maybe Carl doesn't want his career jeopardized by admitting an ACL tear. 2. Gus and company want every opponent to prepare until they make a final decision on if he can play and when. 3. Maybe Carl gets his first opinion from our medical staff and then Dr Andrews finds additional or different info when he examines or images the knee or during the surgery itself. I'm sure there are more possibilities than this.

My information is that according to the first medical opinions on his knee (I e physical exam and imaging) that it " appeared " to be a tear.

That said, I don't have an ego in this. I also am not Carls personal doc, so I'm not trying to speculate. This is a message board and I'm attempting, like everyone else, to get the most current and correct information on these players that provide me and my family so much. We are all just doing this for enjoyment for the upcoming season.

Truth is we will find out more specifics as it becomes available. As for the information provided to is by coaches and family...I'm cool with that and will accept it as truth.

OK, thanks for the update.

Thanks for staying classy. I appreciate that everyone wants good information. I'm a little put off by the comments by others when my record would indicate I might just know what I'm talking about.

War Eagle!

Too much of an emotional roller coaster vested in this thread for me. Very atypical.

I think I will bow out and wait until when or IF we see Lawson ready to go in the fall.

Archived