***2014 Big Cat Weekend Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost count of how many recruits said that Auburn leads or that they almost committed today. The staff made a LOT of headway and might have had the best BCW ever. The attendee list was also very impressive.

Who is the Alabama commit surprise visitor? Warmack?

Bingo. Jonathan Ledbetter is here as well according to his 247 timeline.

Correct, it's Ledbetter.

Warmack too?

No

Who is Calvin? Haven't heard his name before

currently committed to Mississippi State

He's never committed to Miss St.

Who is the Alabama commit surprise visitor? Warmack?

Bingo. Jonathan Ledbetter is here as well according to his 247 timeline.

Correct, it's Ledbetter.

Warmack too?

No

Didn't think so. Ledbetter would be a great get

@LilDarryl12345: Just left auburn I felt like I was at home I can see my self playing there for the next 4-5 years WAR EAGLE

4* C Darryl Williams - Still surprised that he didn't commit

Remember, the kids cannot commit on campus. He may be a hush, hush commit.

The Auburn University staff may have some obscure reason for not wanting kids to commit while on campus, but the NCAA certainly doesn't care. A "commitment" has no standing, anywhere. Perhaps the confusion is coming from the fact that a prospect may not SIGN while on campus. He can commit while singing War Eagle on the 50 yard line in JHS and nobody at the NCAA will notice or noticing, care.

I believe the rule is a kid cannot commit on an official visit. But they can on an unofficial visit.

@LilDarryl12345: Just left auburn I felt like I was at home I can see my self playing there for the next 4-5 years WAR EAGLE

The Auburn University staff may have some obscure reason for not wanting kids to commit while on campus, but the NCAA certainly doesn't care. A "commitment" has no standing, anywhere. Perhaps the confusion is coming from the fact that a prospect may not SIGN while on campus. He can commit while singing War Eagle on the 50 yard line in JHS and nobody at the NCAA will notice or noticing, care.

I believe the rule is a kid cannot commit on an official visit. But they can on an unofficial visit.

There is absolutely no rule at all concerning when or where a kid can commit. "Commit" is a meaningless term and the NCAA does not recognize it, therefore no rule exists about when, where, or how many schools a kid can commit to. He can stand in Grant Field on an official visit and commit to Tech, Auburn and Georgia in the same sentence and it's meaningless.

When committing, nobody signs anything, the kid is not bound to the school and the school is not bound to the kid. "Current leader" would be a better term than commit. How often do we see kids commit to a school when they don't even have an offer from that school? The term "commit" is only important to recruiting junkies. There are no rules at all concerning commitments.

They can't sign on campus. I'm not sure if they can sign on an official visit or not. There are rules about signing because signing means something. There are no rules about committing because committing is legally meaningless.

There is absolutely no rule at all concerning when or where a kid can commit. "Commit" is a meaningless term and the NCAA does not recognize it, therefore no rule exists about when, where, or how many schools a kid can commit to. He can stand in Grant Field on an official visit and commit to Tech, Auburn and Georgia in the same sentence and it's meaningless.

When committing, nobody signs anything, the kid is not bound to the school and the school is not bound to the kid. "Current leader" would be a better term than commit. How often do we see kids commit to a school when they don't even have an offer from that school? The term "commit" is only important to recruiting junkies. There are no rules at all concerning commitments.

They can't sign on campus. I'm not sure if they can sign on an official visit or not. There are rules about signing because signing means something. There are no rules about committing because committing is legally meaningless.

sounds right to me

Of the uncommitted recruits, who all didnt make the trip to BCW that was expected to. I know McFadden and Patterson didn't make the trip. Anybody know why?

Mikey..."commitment" is not only legally meaningless...it's also morally meaningless....to kids and coaches alike.

It's pretty easy for a young man to get caught up in the "moment"...such as BCW and say wonderful things about the AU family, etc. But then he gets back home and other coaches start calling....and bammer or dawg friends start working on him.

Bet every kid attending BCW has some kind of serious contact from Bama, UGa, UF or whoever else is interested today or Monday at the latest....as the competition seeks to negate the excitement of their weekend here.....counteracting the BCW influence.

it's easy to imagine that some of the "glow" wears off....which is why the AU commitments need to keep in touch with new friends from the weekend.

Of the uncommitted recruits, who all didnt make the trip to BCW that was expected to. I know McFadden and Patterson didn't make trip. Anybody know why?

Definite no's were Patterson and McFadden.

Possible no's

4* WR Kirk Merritt

3* OL Michael Horton

4* DE Arden Key

Yeah, I didn't want to clog the thread yesterday, but Bailey Sharp committed in Gus' office. Duke and Roc both committed on campus.

Yeah, I didn't want to clog the thread yesterday, but Bailey Sharp committed in Gus' office. Duke and Roc both committed on campus.

And if im not mistaken, Colbert drove all the way to auburn just to commit

That is right.

That is right.

It's understandable that people get confused. The terms "commit" and "sign" are often thought of as being interchangeable, but they are vastly different things. There are rules about signing. There are no rules about committing.

That is right.

It's understandable that people get confused. The terms "commit" and "sign" are often thought of as being interchangeable, but they are vastly different things. There are rules about signing. There are no rules about committing.

unless you ask a woman

That is right.

unless you ask a woman

Exactly

...He can stand in Grant Field on an official visit and commit to Tech, Auburn and Georgia in the same sentence and it's meaningless.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :poke:

I did say that if we heard it would be later. I am sure that we made the impression that we intended and the staff has a better feel on where we stand and with who(m). Daron Payne is a done deal IYAM, and I imagine that we will spend resources elsewhere. Don't give up, but the writing is on the wall here.

That is right.

I think the only reason the word "commit" has taken on so much importance in the world of recruiting is that once that state of mind has been reached, appx. 90% of the "commits" will stick. It does effect the planning of the teams involved and therefore the offers that may or may not be extended to others.

Archived