***2014 Big Cat Weekend Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@LilDarryl12345: Just left auburn I felt like I was at home I can see my self playing there for the next 4-5 years WAR EAGLE

4* C Darryl Williams - Still surprised that he didn't commit

"@LilDarryl12345: Just left auburn I felt like I was at home I can see my self playing there for the next 4-5 years WAR EAGLE 🐯🐯"

really he surprised he said 4-5 instead of 3-4.

15092773-mmmain.jpg

Auburn continued its push to flip Georgia commit Terry Godwin on Saturday when the five-star prospect visited the Plains again for Big Cat Weekend.

"It was just a great day," Godwin said of Saturday's visit. You come here and everybody's having fun. It's just one big family down here."

"(The Auburn coaches) were just telling me, 'Just pick the best school that you and your family talk about and make sure you make the right decision,'" he said. "'Never burn bridges and always have good connections with the coaches. Whatever school you don't go to, stay in touch with them, no matter what.'"

"Everybody's neck and neck. It's going to come down to Feb. 2. No one stands out right now."

http://www.al.com/sp...y_godwin_s.html

Bo_tcWiIAAAxz1S.jpg

via @Allie_Davison

15093657-mmmain.jpg

Jonathan Ledbetter's interest in Auburn continues to grow, most notably after the Alabama commitment attended Big Cat Weekend on the Plains Saturday.

"I had fun today, I enjoy (Auburn) a lot more after this experience," said the 6-foot-4, 265-pound defensive end. "I got to meet with the coaches and the staff on a more personal level outside of football today. It gave me more insight on the school and definitely puts them higher up."

"I just had a talk with my mom and I just want to do the best thing for me," he said. "I sat down and talked about it. She just said, 'Hey, you're still a kid. You're in high school, you've got a lot of time. Just relax and enjoy life. That's really what I've been doing.'"

Ledbetter's growing relationship with Auburn assistant coach Rodney Garner has proved to be a plus for the Tigers.

Although he is committed, he said he doesn't have a set a date on putting an end to his recruitment.

"If you do that, it kind of ruins the fun," he said. "It's going to be on my mind for a while. If I enjoy a school and want to spend college there for those four years, it will be something spontaneous. I'll know the feeling in my heart that's where I want to be. (I have that feeling for) a couple schools. Auburn would definitely be one of them, and the whole coaching staff knows that as well."

http://www.al.com/sp...lipping_al.html

@LilDarryl12345: Just left auburn I felt like I was at home I can see my self playing there for the next 4-5 years WAR EAGLE

Remember, the kids cannot commit on campus. He may be a hush, hush commit.

Remember, the kids cannot commit on campus. He may be a hush, hush commit.

The Auburn University staff may have some obscure reason for not wanting kids to commit while on campus, but the NCAA certainly doesn't care. A "commitment" has no standing, anywhere. Perhaps the confusion is coming from the fact that a prospect may not SIGN while on campus. He can commit while singing War Eagle on the 50 yard line in JHS and nobody at the NCAA will notice or noticing, care.

Archived