***2014 Big Cat Weekend Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the Alabama commit surprise visitor? Warmack?

Bingo. Jonathan Ledbetter is here as well according to his 247 timeline.

Correct, it's Ledbetter.

Warmack too?

I think Big Cat 6 has the most star studded turn out of any so far. Thompson and Ledbetter were nice surprises, as well as Kirk sticking around.

I agree with Red, we may not hear about commitments until later this evening or tomorrow. They are keeping information vague more so than in the past.

This staff is AUsome! They make this a great experience for the players and the families.

Chandler Cox just committed on Twitter.

Wait until tonight they said... Don't expect anything anytime soon they said. I kid I kid!

I know. That was a twist I hadn't figured on. Since he wasn't able to make it. But I think it makes an even bigger statement this way.

Wait until tonight they said... Don't expect anything anytime soon they said. I kid I kid!

LOL, well, a recruit cannot officially commit while on the school's campus, thus the time frame. That's why you usually don't hear about these things until all of the festivities are over.

To answer the question that was asked of me earlier about expecting commits, I would say that it is highly likely...but I do not have access to insider information, that's merely an educated guess. And I would bet that there will be/are a couple of silent commits who are asked to wait to declare publicly until some strategic point down the road, in order to maximize the press coverage or whatever, as well.

As for Cox, the timing is an interesting twist, considering he's not in Auburn, but that goes back to the PR standpoint of it. Make no mistake: that was a perfectly orchestrated move on Gustav's part, providing a ray of light during what is usually a dark period, since so many recruits of note are engaged on campus and not permitted to officially commit. Bravo, Coach. Bravo.

LOL, well, a recruit cannot officially commit while on the school's campus, thus the time frame. That's why you usually don't hear about these things until all of the festivities are over.

Interesting, I didn't know you couldn't commit on the school's campus! Thanks for the info.

Interesting, I didn't know you couldn't commit on the school's campus! Thanks for the info.

Can't *officially* commit, but what is said in private is not considered official ...and, technically, none of it is official until signing day, anyway.

Archived