Tre Williams (on Saban)-- Little Man Syndrome

bikeriderga

In such a word association game, if I am to respond honestly with my first thought, my response to "Nick Saban" would be much worse than that!! :rolleyes:

And I would feel no need to apologize for my personal opinion. Nor does Nick Saban owe me an apology for any of his opinions, whether I like them or not.

But yeah, hopefully a lesson learned by this young man on dealing with the press and examining repercussions before one speaks. (...And never wise to give your rivals any "bulletin board" material for the locker room.)

In such a word association game, if I am to respond honestly with my first thought, my response to "Nick Saban" would be much worse than that!! :rolleyes:

And I would feel no need to apologize for my personal opinion. Nor does Nick Saban owe me an apology for any of his opinions, whether I like them or not.

But yeah, hopefully a lesson learned by this young man on dealing with the press and examining repercussions before one speaks. (...And never wise to give your rivals any "bulletin board" material for the locker room.)

True enough. But can you imagine them playing harder to defend Saban against the charge of weeman syndrome? 'Coach Saban told me to tell you he does not have a Napoleon complex! Napoleon had a Saban complex! Row Tahd!'

:blink:

Anyway, I bet most of their players thought this comment was pretty funny (no inside info, believe me -- just a hunch).

Yep...good time for him to learn that the media are not his "friends"....and that to most of them, he is just an "opportunity" for them to get readership if they can lure him into saying something controversial. The way this comment has been blown waaaay out of proportion is a good example of that.

Regrettably, he needs to become more cynical and guarded in the presence of the media....but I expect he knows that now.

Tre will be a man before most at his age, he speaks his mind and heart! That's a sign of a mature male, being able to see people for who they are. If only mr. Evans had spent a little more time with Tre, he could have possibly been able to pull the wool from his eyes! WDE Tre!!

Perhaps since Tre is exhibiting his male maturity, in the future he will be able to see a media member for who they REALLY are and he will be more guarded when he speaks his mind and heart. One can only hope!

For all we know, he's already called Saban- like a "mature man"- and explained himself and apologized.

Unfortunately, the media won't ever make that a headline, which as many of you have said is a lesson Tre is learning now. I believe him when he says that his comment was misrepresented, but at a minimum he was a little too candid with the wrong jock sniffer.

So he shouldn't have said it. Learn from it and keep it rolling. I don't think many will shed tears if an apology is never offered.

As for Sablin, he hiked it to what now..$7milly/year now? Does he really care what one high school kid's opinion is of him?

Not the most adroit way to handle the media, but you cannot fault the young man for truth telling.

I don't mind what he said.... Unlike saban, he did not tell a reporter to kiss his a**.

Not the most adroit way to handle the media, but you cannot fault the young man for truth telling.

I don't mind what he said.... Unlike saban, he did not tell a reporter to kiss his a**.

I don't mind it either. It happens to be the truth.

Archived