ESPN bias is ridiculous!!!

3rdgeneration

If they do research then most of the research lately shows we don't have back to back quality years (relative) I don't believe we have had back to back 10 win seasons since the 60s.

I wouldn't let what people say get to you too badly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep 3 % chance of making the playoffs this year.

8-4 season. That is REAL RESPECT for a team returning 80% of its team from last year.

I took a quick glance at the author credit before reading the first word in the article, and spotted Rod Gilmore, ESPN Insider, and clicked the small 'x' on that tab.

This guy is a known Pac-12 homer. I trust his analysis about AU (or any SEC team for that matter) about as much as I trust a toddler to steer a Caterpillar. I'd bet the car his pre-season top 20 features eight Pac-12 teams.

If they do research then most of the research lately shows we don't have back to back quality years (relative) I don't believe we have had back to back 10 win seasons since the 60s.

That hurt, Plaric.

:sad2:

That hurt, Plaric.

The only time Auburn has ever had back to back 10+ win seasons was 1988 and 1989. Hopefully, we can add 2013 and 2014 to that list as well. You know what I really want...to be the first team to hit that 15-0 mark.

That hurt, Plaric.

The only time Auburn has ever had back to back 10+ win seasons was 1988 and 1989. Hopefully, we can add 2013 and 2014 to that list as well. You know what I really want...to be the first team to hit that 15-0 mark.

That is true, but during the same Pat Dye years we had seasons in this same period with only one loss and were the SEC Champs.

1986 10-2 Coach Pat Dye

1987 9-1-2 Coach Pat Dye SEC Champs

1988 10-2 Coach Pat Dye SEC Champs

1989 10-2 Coach Pat Dye SEC Champs

That is 4 years in a row where we had no more than 2 losses and 3 SEC Championships. I would say these were highly successful back to back years.

Tater Tot had some great back to back years as well

1993 11-0 Sec Champs

1994 9-1-1

1993-1994 was the last year we had no more than 2 losses back to back (in fact only one loss in this two year period).

11 game schedules kind of skew that stat. Most teams didn't have many back to back 10 win seasons before the 12 game (+1 for conf titles) schedule came about. Although Florida State seems to have oblierated the thought....

Having back to back double digit seasons then meant you could lose no more than 1 regular season game for the most part.

We're headed back to the glory days of real Auburn football and winning championships ever year.

Archived