ESPN bias is ridiculous!!!

3rdgeneration

Anyone who trolls other boards will tell you that every fan base feel there's a bias against them. Espn crucified saban last year for the iton bowl and oklahoma losses.

Actually many feel we're the medias current darling. Of course if we loose 3 this year we'll be thrown under the bus.

Well I have a hard time buying what you are saying but I don't troll other boards. I read the BSPN web site a lot and it is pretty obvious to me the bama bias and it won't take 3 losses for us to get thrown under the bus. One or two will probably do.

Correct, Slammer1. BSPN was quick to hop on board in declaring Auburn corrupt a few years ago when FL and the bamzos spread rumors trying to destroy Cam Newton's career. And only showed that the NCAA cleared him and Auburn of any wrong doing as a text message at the bottom of the screen while Finebaum and Sheridan were assuring everyone that they knew the bagman.

If Auburn is 11-1 and loses to bama, there is no way that Auburn will be allowed into the playoff. But if bama is 11-1 and loses to Auburn they're an automatic. I don't think anyone in the country has any doubt about that. And I also think that it will be BASP who really choses who's in and who's not. It's far easier to sway 13 people than it would have been to sway 100s.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you have the #1 recruiting classes for ... forever and have won 3 nc's in 5 years, it's hard not to pick uat pretty far up there every year by brain-dead default.

Bottom line - we're going to have to more than just wound "the beast", we're going to have to cut its friggin head off. This year has the potential to do just that.

Amen. You are a nitwit if you really think this is some big example of Alabama bias. On paper they have more talent than anybody in the country. And that will make it all the more pleasurable towhip their tails again this year.

Nitwit? No need to be ugly about it. You just have a different opinion. Geeze.

I actually agree that ESPN is all about bammer most of the time. The bammers that work there make sure of it. I still haven't forgotten 2010,either. Or what they did to Cam at his Heisman ceremony. Auburn does not get respect from ESPN in the way it should, but I hope that changes soon.

It's frustrating to listen to those goobers, so I seldom do unless I can't avoid it.

Yes, nitwits. No more ugly than goobers. So who are all these biased Bammers at ESPN? Yes there's some people out there that says things that we don't agree with about our team. I do think that Jesse Palmer sounds like a douche pretty often. I'm not a fan of everybody on ESPN. But I don't think that network has some massive bias against us. Do they have a Saban love fest? Sure. But he has the number 1 recruiting class in the country almost every year and 4 national championships. Based on results he's one of the three or four best coaches of all time, and he may win more yet. Like it or not he will go down as a superstar of college football coaching. For me, this just makes beating Alabama and succeeding in spite of their presence all the more exciting and entertaining. But I'm not going to cry and moan about ESPN when ESPN is putting us in their preseason top 4.

They were the first to jump on the bandwagon in an attempt to destroy a student athlete's career based on totally unsubstantiated rumor. They would NEVER have done that if Cam had been playing for uat. And when the NCAA announced he and Auburn were cleared of any wrong doing ESPN ran a texst message only...underneath a live scene with Sharidan and Finebaum swearing they knew who the bagman was. If THAT istn't biased, then I can't imagine what is.

Wait, they had us in the top 4 at the end of the season and there is a bias against us? I bet those 115 or so other teams not even included really feel disrespected. Sometimes people feel disrepected because they expect just a little too much.

Considering what Auburn had accomplished, with the whole country watching, they couldn't have left Auburn out of the top 4 and maintain any credibility at all. Even the most ardent bammer had to admit that Auburn did beat them, and did win the SEC convincingly one week later.

Anyone who trolls other boards will tell you that every fan base feel there's a bias against them. Espn crucified saban last year for the iton bowl and oklahoma losses.

Actually many feel we're the medias current darling. Of course if we loose 3 this year we'll be thrown under the bus.

Well I have a hard time buying what you are saying but I don't troll other boards. I read the BSPN web site a lot and it is pretty obvious to me the bama bias and it won't take 3 losses for us to get thrown under the bus. One or two will probably do.

Correct, Slammer1. BSPN was quick to hop on board in declaring Auburn corrupt a few years ago when FL and the bamzos spread rumors trying to destroy Cam Newton's career. And only showed that the NCAA cleared him and Auburn of any wrong doing as a text message at the bottom of the screen while Finebaum and Sheridan were assuring everyone that they knew the bagman.

If Auburn is 11-1 and loses to bama, there is no way that Auburn will be allowed into the playoff. But if bama is 11-1 and loses to Auburn they're an automatic. I don't think anyone in the country has any doubt about that. And I also think that it will be BASP who really choses who's in and who's not. It's far easier to sway 13 people than it would have been to sway 100s.

Why are you so obsessed with Alabama? Give it a rest dude.

Where in the world did you get the idea that I'm obsessed with bama? I answered a post and kept to the subject for crying out loud. You're sounding like a bammer now thinking that to even mention the name means someone is obsessed with them. Can you dispute anything I said? Obviously not or you would have.

The topic is about ESPN bias. What response did you expect? A post on geraniums?

"They" know what drive ratings. Controversies, Cinderella stories, David and Goliath themes, gossip, rivalries, ect. How does any 7x24 sports channel exist without a little tmz and Hollywood mentality? And then there's just individual personalities with opinions and, yes, maybe some biased alma maters loyalty.

It's not evil, it's just a collection of business men with rating targets, ex jocks, and talking heads.

David housel once said what makes auburn special is our insecurities. It's also what holds us back.

Insecurity vs confidence vs arrogance. I never want the auburn family to become arrogant and contemptuous as a culture. However, someday I hope we as a fan base can grow a little thicker skin and can become one of simple confidence.

And as for espn - I respect their right to be wrong.

Don't really care what they think at all. They went away with egg all over their faces last year with their Saban love and it is going to happen again this year.. Remember, these are the same Bozos who said Cam Newton would never make it in the Pros!

Bama will have a strong defense as usual, and a strong running game. But they have no proven QB and Nick Saban is NOT GUS MALZAHN!

They will not be able to live off a triple option and misdirection. Cry baby Sabear isn't good at misdirection and speed on offense. His is a pro style of attack. With a new coordinator and new system (in Lame Kitten), doubtful they will be nearly as successful on offense this year as they were the last.

The only way Saban wins is by recruiting the best players every year, hiring the best coaches, and playing a grind it out game. If Bama's new QB cannot throw, good teams are gonna stack the line and beat the Tide. Unless Jacob Coker is a Nick Marshall type player (which I do not believe), then I see Bama losing at least two games next year, one of them to us.

The media is just betting that Coker is above average and that the Bama O-Line, two really good RBs, coupled with their ultra talented defense, are going to be enough to make the run. What they are not counting on, is Auburn being much better than they were last year.

Perhaps they should speak with Tony Barnhart, Brady Ackerman, Bob Neal, and Derick Rackley. All of the Talking Football crowd predicted that AU will win the SEC in 2014 and there will be a rematch for the NC game with Auburn verses Fla. State.

"They" know what drive ratings. Controversies, Cinderella stories, David and Goliath themes, gossip, rivalries, ect. How does any 7x24 sports channel exist without a little tmz and Hollywood mentality? And then there's just individual personalities with opinions and, yes, maybe some biased alma maters loyalty.

It's not evil, it's just a collection of business men with rating targets, ex jocks, and talking heads.

David housel once said what makes auburn special is our insecurities. It's also what holds us back.

Insecurity vs confidence vs arrogance. I never want the auburn family to become arrogant and contemptuous as a culture. However, someday I hope we as a fan base can grow a little thicker skin and can become one of simple confidence.

And as for espn - I respect their right to be wrong.

What you said. Never been insecure about Auburn; but it just doesn't pay not to be humble. It should be a great season. I'll start watching ESPN again when the SEC network kicks off in August. For now, I just still love watching the recruiting progress, watching games from last season and seeing the improvement each game...and of course the joy of beating those bammers...that just never gets old.

It does us no good to constantly fret over what someone else thinks of us. CGM has us on the right road and i trust in him. I really don't care what those clowns at ESPN think, they have proven they are only concerned about their rating and that is fine. We just can't forget that is what drives them and not whether AU wins or loses. WDE. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

With Rece Davis and some other bammers on board BSPN, did you honestly think we would get any favorable coverage?? They are in bed with the bammies and that is not going to change. Sad but true.

check your PM's slammer

Don't see nuthin. Did you hit the send button? ;D

Well it said you read it last night......were you drinking heavily again

Where in the world did you get the idea that I'm obsessed with bama? I answered a post and kept to the subject for crying out loud. You're sounding like a bammer now thinking that to even mention the name means someone is obsessed with them. Can you dispute anything I said? Obviously not or you would have.

The topic is about ESPN bias. What response did you expect? A post on geraniums?

Well they are nice flowers especially the mixed color

At the end of the day I think everyone is sold on our offense and that it may be even more dangerous. It might be absolutely terrifying. But in terms of winning the nc this year, that's not where the pundits questions are. Heck I'm hopeful but still a little nervous about the defense. We'll see.

I never watch it, unless Auburn is playing a game broadcast by them. I know they all get in line to polish saban's little knob

At the end of the day I think everyone is sold on our offense and that it may be even more dangerous. It might be absolutely terrifying. But in terms of winning the nc this year, that's not where the pundits questions are. Heck I'm hopeful but still a little nervous about the defense. We'll see.

I see your point, but I look at it this way:

I expect us to be even better on offense, with a nearly intact O-line, a committee of RB's that can easily take up any slack left by Mason's departure, improved receiving corp, and an outstanding QB with a full year of Gus's system under his belt (indeed, the entire offense benefiting from a year of experience under the Malzahn system). I'm not predicting a "Top-10" defense, but I do expect a better defense. Again, we only lost a few (albeit significant) pieces and it's the 2nd year under CEJ's system. We played a lot of freshmen last year and they return presumably more mature with a better grasp of the D. Kicking game is the only question in my mind--2 new kickers, but our coverage and return teams should be somewhat the same. (And with an even better Malzahn offense, how often will we need to kick/punt anyway, other than kick offs after scores?)

When last year's #2 team returns with most pieces intact and improvement expected in most areas, I think anyone who doesn't expected us to play in the NC game is either an idiot or truly biased.

My biggest concerns are:

1. Our opponents have had a year to study Gus's system also, and

2. Psychologically, how will our players handle success and high expectations?

That being said, I'm not actually predicting anything. The ball takes funny bounces, and I've never been the "over confident" sort. I only count wins once the horn blows and the scoreboard is final.

So ESPN predicts our only regular season loss to unbeaten $puat and in a very close game? That's the only way we're 4rth seed and they're 3. They must think Kiffen is taking little Heisman shaped dumps over in T-town but reality is more likely a dumpster fire.

ESPN was all over our Jock in 2010 when the nation started falling in love with AU after the LSU game. They are the TMZ of sports.

ESPN was all over our Jock in 2010 when the nation started falling in love with AU after the LSU game. They are the TMZ of sports.

And how quickly they turned on us a month later....

And how quickly they turned on us a month later....

Then jumped right back on it a few weeks later. ESPN is that "friend" that loves you until the majority starts making fun of you, then joins the majority in the ridiculing, then when something good happens to you, wants to be your buddy again.

Espn doesn't care about any school. Try just want ratings to sell their advertisers. Bama sales ads because the toothless trailer nazis buy stuff up. I have seen media pundits everywhere talk very positively about Malzahn and how he out coached saban. Auburn just needs sustained success.

Trust me, when something bad happens to the turds, ESPN will turn on them quicker than lightning.

I doubt that. They never have in the past.

Archived