Maisel: Auburn no one-hit wonder

RunInRed

The perception of Auburn as a lucky team is essentially based off of two plays. The Georgia play, admittedly, was a lucky bounce. If the ball had been played correctly by Georgia defenders, the game would have been over. Ironically, I would have gone down as one of the greatest comebacks in SEC history.

The Kick Six was not luck. It was a combination of a poor decision by Saban, great execution by Auburn, and lack of effort and execution by bama.

The fact of the matter is, Auburn was tied for 61st in TO margin at 0. Lucky teams don't finish 61st in TO margin.

Actually the so called "luck" in the GA game just corrected a wrong from earlier in the game. Murray did not legally cross the goal line. In a view of his left knee, he was down well before reaching across the goal line with the ball.

I thought the 'luck' was that GA managed to get back in the game.

The perception of Auburn as a lucky team is essentially based off of two plays. The Georgia play, admittedly, was a lucky bounce. If the ball had been played correctly by Georgia defenders, the game would have been over. Ironically, I would have gone down as one of the greatest comebacks in SEC history.

The Kick Six was not luck. It was a combination of a poor decision by Saban, great execution by Auburn, and lack of effort and execution by bama.

The fact of the matter is, Auburn was tied for 61st in TO margin at 0. Lucky teams don't finish 61st in TO margin.

Actually the so called "luck" in the GA game just corrected a wrong from earlier in the game. Murray did not legally cross the goal line. In a view of his left knee, he was down well before reaching across the goal line with the ball.

I thought the 'luck' was that GA managed to get back in the game.

True that but I had a hard time convincing all my GA golf buddies, even when confronted by visual evidence. I told them that were acting like bammers. They didn't respond well to that. ;D

Archived