2015 4* C Brandon Kennedy (Alabama signee)

AUbritt

There is zero chance we take Williams and Kennedy. Those guys are basically the same player. Kennedy would be a lock to Alabama. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, as Williams would be a definite redshirt next year and with Dampeer ahead of him it would give him a couple of years to develop and get used to the center calls he'll have to make.

I know very little about Williams except he owned a very fat, yet quick Daron Payne at one of the camps. The video on that is worth a watch. Just from that video you can see that he is an aggressive get after it type of player with a lot of pride. I would still personally rather hold out for Kennedy, but this is one you just trust the coaches on.

Thanks for info. was just curious if Kennedy would be a take no matter what.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is zero chance we take Williams and Kennedy. Those guys are basically the same player. Kennedy would be a lock to Alabama. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, as Williams would be a definite redshirt next year and with Dampeer ahead of him it would give him a couple of years to develop and get used to the center calls he'll have to make.

I know very little about Williams except he owned a very fat, yet quick Daron Payne at one of the camps. The video on that is worth a watch. Just from that video you can see that he is an aggressive get after it type of player with a lot of pride. I would still personally rather hold out for Kennedy, but this is one you just trust the coaches on.

You say Kennedy is a lock to $puat. Meaning they are his favorite and if they offer he would commit to them? Or if we take Williams, that would leave them as his choice? Explain....

Does Kennedy have an offer from AU?

Yes, he does. I prefer Kennedy to Williams, not least since I think Kennedy actually prefers Auburn and Williams prefers Bama.

The more i hear about this guy the more i like him. anyone know how his recruitment looks for the good guys? I mean is he leaning towards one team more than any other?

He grew up a Bama fan. I am not sure his AU offer is commitable yet.

I have read that Kennedy is rated as the top Center prospect in the country. I also read that Daryl Williams is planning to commit tomorrow. If Williams commits to us are we through with Kennedy or would we take both of them?

were only going to take one center

But will we still go after Kennedy? May be a question of which one we keep if we're only to take one. I want Kennedy.

Unlikely. It's likely first come first serve between Williams and Kennedy if they dont wait too long.

Yes, he does. I prefer Kennedy to Williams, not least since I think Kennedy actually prefers Auburn and Williams prefers Bama.

Backwards. Williams grew up the AU fan and Kennedy grew up the Bama fan.

For those of you wanting Kennedy over Williams I would respectfully guess that you are star gazing. Both BK and DW participated at The Birmingham NFT regional almost a couple months ago. The players who did the best were invited to The Opening that starts in 2 weeks. DW was invited, heavily due to him stonewalling Daron Payne. BK was not invited. Even at his increased size Payne is a beast. He was the #1 DT for the 2015 class at the Rivals 5* challenge a couple weeks ago. For DW to stone wall Payne like he did at the B'Ham regional a couple months ago speaks volumes about DW. Give me DW over BK. I'm excited to see him at The Opening in a couple weeks and I think he will open a lot of eyes here and nationally.

Are you sure about Williams being the AU fan and Kennedy being the uat fan?

For those of you wanting Kennedy over Williams I would respectfully guess that you are star gazing. Both BK and DW participated at The Birmingham NFT regional almost a couple months ago. The players who did the best were invited to The Opening that starts in 2 weeks. DW was invited, heavily due to him stonewalling Daron Payne. BK was not invited. Even at his increased size Payne is a beast. He was the #1 DT for the 2015 class at the Rivals 5* challenge a couple weeks ago. For DW to stone wall Payne like he did at the B'Ham regional a couple months ago speaks volumes about DW. Give me DW over BK. I'm excited to see him at The Opening in a couple weeks and I think he will open a lot of eyes here and nationally.

Thank you. It's amazing how much folks continue to trust recruiting analysts- and ratings they might not have updated in months- over our own coaches.

If we are just basing the Williams Vs. Kennedy discussion off of how they did against Payne , then I would say it is a tie at best.

About BK : " The powerful interior offensive lineman has double-digit scholarship offers and has seen his stock steadily rise after shutting down Shades Valley defensive lineman Daron Payne, the state's top-ranked player, during drills at a Rivals.com camp in Hoover."

I wasn't talking about who they grew up routing for, in any case. I was under the impression for a while that BK preferred AU now, while DW was 'waiting on an offer from Bama'. As I said on the DW thread, if that was only because he wanted to be able to tell them 'no', that changes things in my mind. What made me think DW preferred Bama now was that I thought he was waiting on a Bama offer so he could commit to them.

As for the 'star gazing' aspect you point out, E -- I thought they were both 3*, and 3=3. :dunno:

Sometimes people just prefer one over the other. And in this case I don't think there is much difference. They are ranked nearly identically, but DW is slightly bigger while BK is maybe a tad better athletically (4.9-40!) How could anyone be stargazing?

Oh, I just saw in the title to the thread that Kennedy is ranked 4* (I guess on the composite).

I don't care that much about the stars, so I pay a lot less attention to them than maybe I should.

I was under the impression that Kennedy and Williams were both outstanding and pretty much equal in terms of the ratings as C.

:dunno:

All I have to go on is publicly available junior year film, but BK looked slightly better in those films to my untrained eye. He seemed more aggressive. That said, at their age, a lot can change in just a matter of months.

Might be more numbers gazing than stars. BK is rated No. 1 OC prospect by some. I don't think DW has that distinction. If I'm not mistaken they both are 3*/4* depending on which service you look at. I know we look at composite (which most of us still don't understand) on this board but I think they are similar in overall ability, however very different in all the details and specifics. So it really comes down to personal preference and best fit for Auburn.

Is Brandon high on our list?

Very much so! He and DW prolly 1a/1b right now buddy. We will see how it shakes out when Gus gets back and the dead period ends.

Yes. Read it in multiple stories plus another poster confirmed via one of DW's coaches he was a big AU fan and he just wanted the Bama offer for the prestige.

If we are just basing the Williams Vs. Kennedy discussion off of how they did against Payne , then I would say it is a tie at best.

About BK : " The powerful interior offensive lineman has double-digit scholarship offers and has seen his stock steadily rise after shutting down Shades Valley defensive lineman Daron Payne, the state's top-ranked player, during drills at a Rivals.com camp in Hoover."

Nobody said it was only about how they did against Payne. Bottom line, as I pointed out in the OP is they both competed in the B'Ham Regional against the same competition. The guys who performed best were invited to The Opening. DW was invited. BK was not.

All I have to go on is publicly available junior year film, but BK looked slightly better in those films to my untrained eye. He seemed more aggressive. That said, at their age, a lot can change in just a matter of months.

Very valid and researched POV. Good job!

Is Brandon high on our list?

My guess is 3rd behind Warmack and Williams. Also remember there is a possibility depending how things shake out that we move Kim to C and don't take another at C.

• 3 weeks later...

Kennedy is announcing Friday @ 10AM. Says he's picking the school based on atmosphere and then talks up Alabama's atmosphere.sooooo, I think we can stick a fork in this one.

Archived