2015 4* C Brandon Kennedy (Alabama signee)

AUbritt

According to the latest ESPN rankings, he's now rated higher than Darryl Williams and Tyler Carr.

He's been ranked high by ESPN. They were the first to rank him high. He actually just dropped 13 spots from 89 to 102 overall on the ESPN 300.

Thanks for the correction, E.

No worries. It's one of many reasons I rarely go to al.com.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy Johnson... I just can't wait.

Looks like Coach Russell has been working him hard. That's a great group to have hanging with Kennedy

Kenn

Jeremy Johnson... I just can't wait.

Looks like Coach Russell has been working him hard. That's a great group to have hanging with Kennedy

And Kennedy looks pretty stout too.

The more i hear about this guy the more i like him. anyone know how his recruitment looks for the good guys? I mean is he leaning towards one team more than any other?

This is the gist of the story, as far as I know. Had we offered earlier, he might already be a commit. He was not as high on our board as a couple of other guys we are recruiting at center. We felt like we could be patient and still get a good center. In the meantime, Brandon has begun to receive other offers. Now, he is in a position where he can be patient and weigh his options.

I like Brandon over Williams, Womack, and Harrell too if it comes to that. I think he would fit in nicely with this class. Would take him for sure over either one of the No. 1 centers UAT signed in Feb.

I personally like Kennedy much much MUCH better than Williams.

It seems to me that looking at the depth charts of Auburn vs Alabama, Alabama is going to have 3 young guys competing for one spot (Womack, Casher (probably RS 2014), and either Williams/Kennedy) while we are going to have a RS Junior in Dampeer and that's pretty much it unless we move Kim over.

So, I think the sell for Kennedy would be to be the starter at Auburn his RS Sophomore year (2017) after Dampeer moves on or if he's good enough to beat out 2 others he could be the man at Alabama in 2015, but if he's not the man at Alabama next year as a true freshman his career is virtually sunk as he's the same year as the other two guys he got beat out by- then. he'd pretty much have to change positions to guard where he's going to be a 6'2" guy competing against guys with superior size. Personally and maybe I'm off on this, but I think Casher physically was/is further along than Kennedy currently is so I believe the fear of getting stuck behind Casher for 3+ years should sway Kennedy to the good guys.

It seems to me that looking at the depth charts of Auburn vs Alabama, Alabama is going to have 3 young guys competing for one spot (Womack, Casher (probably RS 2014), and either Williams/Kennedy) while we are going to have a RS Junior in Dampeer and that's pretty much it unless we move Kim over.

So, I think the sell for Kennedy would be to be the starter at Auburn his RS Sophomore year (2017) after Dampeer moves on or if he's good enough to beat out 2 others he could be the man at Alabama in 2015, but if he's not the man at Alabama next year as a true freshman his career is virtually sunk as he's the same year as the other two guys he got beat out by- then. he'd pretty much have to change positions to guard where he's going to be a 6'2" guy competing against guys with superior size. Personally and maybe I'm off on this, but I think Casher physically was/is further along than Kennedy currently is so I believe the fear of getting stuck behind Casher for 3+ years should sway Kennedy to the good guys.

I think/hope you're wrong about Casher although he is a year older than Kennedy. With an extra couple of inches in height and better frame, I believe BK will be able to carry that 300 lbs as starting center at Auburn in a couple of years. Womack will likely be a guard at UAT and I agree that if we get Kennedy, then Williams will end up at Tuscaloosa to fight Casher for OC position.

I think/hope you're wrong about Casher although he is a year older than Kennedy. With an extra couple of inches in height and better frame, I believe BK will be able to carry that 300 lbs as starting center at Auburn in a couple of years. Womack will likely be a guard at UAT and I agree that if we get Kennedy, then Williams will end up at Tuscaloosa to fight Casher for OC position.

If we get Kennedy and quit on Williams, then he will not get a bama offer (unless they miss on higher rated targets). Then it's likely he will end up at Ole Miss or Miss State.

Good news on Brandon is he has been to Auburn on visits much more than any other school. Bad news on Brandon is the family member that is taking him on majority of the visits is a huge bama fan. If I had to make an educated guess ( Nothing from Brandon just my opinion) I would say it is 51% Auburn and 49% somewhere else. Now as far as Casher goes and comparing him to BK , it is not even close. Brandon is much quicker and has much better footwork than Casher. My son has went 1 on 1 with Brandon for years before we moved to Gulf Shores , and he has some of the best feet I have ever seen on a High School lineman. Then last season when Gulf Shores played St. Pauls I saw Casher and was not that impressed. Now if spme kid was dumb enough to take him head on , he dominated. Now when a kid used speed and made casher move he looked average.

Can we get this guys star rating and position put on the heading of the thread like all the other recruits/possibilities?

I hope we get him but I just read the al.com article. It burns me up to read recruits say "bama puts guys in the league and is all business". Then follow it up with "at Auburn it's so laid back & family". Hell, Gus has shown he can put guys in the league too, and so has Garner & J.B. Grimes. We really need to change the mentality of the recruits from here on out.

I hope we get him but I just read the al.com article. It burns me up to read recruits say "bama puts guys in the league and is all business". Then follow it up with "at Auburn it's so laid back & family". Hell, Gus has shown he can put guys in the league too, and so has Garner & J.B. Grimes. We really need to change the mentality of the recruits from here on out.

It's not just the recruits. It's a much broader perception. And it's hard to fight 7 years of that perception being hammered home across the board when, during those same 7 years, Auburn football has not exactly been a model of business-like football. Yes, we were last season, and Gus has shown no sign of letting up. But we need to establish a pattern of success.

In 4 years, the kids who sign with us will be able to show the kids who didn't that they should have. Until then, the burden is on Auburn football to prove them wrong.

I have read that Kennedy is rated as the top Center prospect in the country. I also read that Daryl Williams is planning to commit tomorrow. If Williams commits to us are we through with Kennedy or would we take both of them?

I have read that Kennedy is rated as the top Center prospect in the country. I also read that Daryl Williams is planning to commit tomorrow. If Williams commits to us are we through with Kennedy or would we take both of them?

were only going to take one center

were only going to take one center

But will we still go after Kennedy? May be a question of which one we keep if we're only to take one. I want Kennedy.

There is zero chance we take Williams and Kennedy. Those guys are basically the same player. Kennedy would be a lock to Alabama. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, as Williams would be a definite redshirt next year and with Dampeer ahead of him it would give him a couple of years to develop and get used to the center calls he'll have to make.

I know very little about Williams except he owned a very fat, yet quick Daron Payne at one of the camps. The video on that is worth a watch. Just from that video you can see that he is an aggressive get after it type of player with a lot of pride. I would still personally rather hold out for Kennedy, but this is one you just trust the coaches on.

Archived