UGA RB Nick Chubb

WarEagle84

This may be old news to some, but I wasn't paying much attention to recruiting last year (darn job!). He apparently made waves in the Georgia state track meet last week. This kid is going to do some damage in the SEC.

Check out this side-by-side with another UGA RB from 30+ years ago:

BnhZJRHCQAAxfn5.jpg

His 40 time is around 4.4-4.5. To be that fast with a body this big and strong is amazing. The kid beside him looks like he's half Chubb's size.

BnhsdgWCAAAblCa.jpg

And then there's his 40" vertical, in a casual pre-race warmup:

Bnib4mwCMAAUzmU.jpg

Is that a body that you can build from purely working out? This is an honest question. I look at him and think steroids, but I am not a gym rat and don't know. Is Jay Prosch comparable? This kid is still in high school!

impressive pictures. but that jump isnt how you calculate a vertical

Yes, and that is higher than 40" (which is what his vertical has been measured at). Forgive my sloppy wording in the OP.

impressive pictures. but that jump isnt how you calculate a vertical

Yes, and that is higher than 40" (which is what his vertical has been measured at). Forgive my sloppy wording in the OP.

all good.. and yep, thats higher than 40..thats just so impressive for a guy that size. the guy behind him has a WTF look on his face.

Is that a body that you can build from purely working out? This is an honest question. I look at him and think steroids, but I am not a gym rat and don't know. Is Jay Prosch comparable? This kid is still in high school!

Yes with a lot of hard work especially at that age. Genetics does play a huge role in the ability to build muscle mass.

:blink: Knowing how the Dawgs manage to under-achieve at such a scale, i wonder how long it wil be before he is arrested, quits, or transfers...

Damn

Sec defenders don't get enough credit, def when this guy will be backup to Gurley

With proper nutrition and lifting regimen I've seen scrawny teenage boys turned into specimens. Get a boy started at the right time during his growth spurt stages and you get huge results. Genetics plays a part too - but there are so many advances in nutrition and supplements these days that muscle ain't as hard to build as it was 20-30 yrs ago.

It's about eating and lifting. Sports supplements, other than good old whey or casein powder, are an absolute waste of money. I have tried it all, and none of that NO crap or test booster crap works. There is a reason that ALL of those bottles say, "results will vary" or "..when used with a healthy diet and exercise routine...". It's food and weights and genetics. That is all, well, unless you use testosterone. That crap works! ;D

As an undergrad at AU, I went to a highly touted track meet on campus pitting Bo vs Hershel. Two pretty fast guys in their own right. So the pre-race hype was who would win between those 2. The guy that won (name escapes me) had been recruited to Auburn football by Pat Dye and was like our 4th string QB at the time. Hilarious.

fwiw, as WADA and various int'l track stars commented after the Ben Johnson cheating fiasco, you can virtually always look at a track star's delts to see if (s)he's on the juice. No further comment.

Archived