Bryan Matthews leaving 24/7 (Update: going to Rivals)

ellitor

I am confused. Is he leaving or coming back? Because I am seeing both.

He is no longer with 247 and is back with Rivals.

This is strange on a couple of fronts IMO. Unless Rivals subscription base has grow exponentially, I don't think it has, supporting three full time writers seems to be an unusual model.

Also, WTH is going on over at 247? ... Austin Penny also departed ... leaving Ron Sanders (who is more a site manager than contributor) and Keith Neihbur.

This is strange on a couple of fronts IMO. Unless Rivals subscription base has grow exponentially, I don't think it has, supporting three full time writers seems to be an unusual model.

Also, WTH is going on over at 247? ... Austin Penny also departed ... leaving Ron Sanders (who is more a site manager than contributor) and Keith Neihbur.

And imo, 247 has had much better information the past several years. I hope they find some good replacements and keep their coverage top notch.

Ron is much more than a site manager. He is one of the people best connected to AU. Often times when info is passed via AUC from the university side it came from Ron giving it to Kieth but not wanting cred for it.

I can see using 3 with 1 being an exclusive basketball team and recruiting guy with the expected boom from our basketball program.

Archived