Three Reasons Why Reviving Benghazi is Stupid (For the GOP)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Isn't that commonly referred to as lying? You went from absolutely sure to maybe in two posts."

Meanwhile 4 american patriots are still dead largely because they were ignored long before the episode even went down, during the event itself, and afterward, the presentation of the facts have been obscured from the american people for political reasons for 20 months

"Still" dead? You think exploiting them for political purposes is going to bring them back?

Do democrats ever play politics to their advantage? It is what it is, they both are going to seize their political opportunities. Honestly, I cant believe you're acting as if this is such an incredulous event.

I don't remember much GOP outrage after the following attacks:

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Moral equivalency, the stock and trade of the left, especially when its their failures that are being revealed.

What failures?

All you have is unfounded accusations and calls for yet more "investigations". Of course, you weren't interested in investigating any of the failures of a GOP administration. What hypocrites you Foxbots are.

LOL, If I didn't know better i'd ask...you mad, bro? You HOPE all the have is unfounded accusations but I have to tell you, the administration's handling of this debacle, to date, doesn't exactly send signals of innocent mistakes having been made

"Isn't that commonly referred to as lying? You went from absolutely sure to maybe in two posts."

Meanwhile 4 american patriots are still dead largely because they were ignored long before the episode even went down, during the event itself, and afterward, the presentation of the facts have been obscured from the american people for political reasons for 20 months

We are all aware of the fact that they are dead. You and the other right wing nuts are the ones who are figuratively "parading" their bodies through the streets. You should be ashamed.

I don't remember much GOP outrage after the following attacks:

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Moral equivalency, the stock and trade of the left, especially when its their failures that are being revealed. Its too bad you cant seem to grasp the reality here. Did any of those events occur in the middle of a presidential campaign and were they slanted in a total fictional narrative to support the campaign lie that AQ had been decimated? Its the COVER UP homie....get over it!

Wait a minute. I thought this was about four dead Americans? Now it's politics?

We are all aware of the fact that they are dead. You and the other right wing nuts are the ones who are figuratively "parading" their bodies through the streets. You should be ashamed.

That would be incorrect. My position is simply wanting the truth to come out just like 72% of the rest of America. Ive already provided that link

I

That would be incorrect. My position is simply wanting the truth to come out just like 72% of the rest of America. Ive already provided that link

I

I would like to believe that you do not realize that is what you are doing.

Its pretty funny watching how emotionally invested in this Benghazi investigation the lefties are. I mean only 72% of American polled want the truth to come out but the lefties don't think it needs to be known. Hmmmm....cant help but wonder why? Must be worried about finding more about this administration's incompetence. Or, is it they're just worried about exposing their next savior?

Nah, this is not political. :-\ Their real problem is that the Obamacare issue has run out of steam.

House Republican Candidate Fundraising Off Of Benghazi Investigation

WASHINGTON -- As House Republicans begin the process of staffing and defining the scope of a select committee to investigate the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, party leaders are trying their best to avoid the appearance of partisanship.

So it doesn't necessarily help the GOP's effort that just days after the committee's formation a Republican candidate for the U.S. House is trying to raise funds on it.

In an email sent Tuesday to supporters (and obtained by The Huffington Post), Andy Tobin, the speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives, solicited funds for his challenge to Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.) by playing up the investigation and his potential role in it.......

http://www.huffingto...hp_ref=politics

I

I

Nope, that's how you justify your disdain, to yourself, but precious little else.

"Still" dead? You think exploiting them for political purposes is going to bring them back?

(Nice try at diversion of the topic though. You must be a weaseling Foxbot.

Is that you Hillary. I expected you to ask 'what difference does it make'. The vast majority of Americans want to know the truth and you libs are whining like the little girls you are. Why does the truth being uncovered worry you so?

Nah, this is not political. :-\ Their real problem is that the Obamacare issue has run out of steam.

WASHINGTON -- As House Republicans begin the process of staffing and defining the scope of a select committee to investigate the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, party leaders are trying their best to avoid the appearance of partisanship.

So it doesn't necessarily help the GOP's effort that just days after the committee's formation a Republican candidate for the U.S. House is trying to raise funds on it.

In an email sent Tuesday to supporters (and obtained by The Huffington Post), Andy Tobin, the speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives, solicited funds for his challenge to Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.) by playing up the investigation and his potential role in it.......

Good deal! Having money to compete with liberal elites is important. After all, THE biggest political donors are ALL liberal. Everybody knows that.

Is that you Hillary. I expected you to ask 'what difference does it make'. The vast majority of Americans want to know the truth and you libs are whining like the little girls you are. Why does the truth being uncovered worry you so?

Worried?

Presumably you don't recall the post where I sincerely wished the GOP base their whole campaign around Benghazi. Still feel that way. There aren't enough Foxbots to make it work. (At least outside of the deep South which is a lost cause anyway.)

What a clown. 4 Americans were murdered and the vast majority of Americans just want to know the truth. And you are the same people that 'figuratively' paraded the Sandy Hook kids through the streets in an effort to violate the US Constitution-specifically the Second Amendment. You people lack the logic and reasoning skills to have much of a conversation with.

Good deal! Having money to compete with liberal elites is important. After all, THE biggest political donors are ALL liberal. Everybody knows that.

I am beginning to believe that you have no idea what "values" are and, what they mean. You have a way of justifying anything. There is a big difference between values and situational ethics.

IranContraXmits016.jpg

So this House Select Committee was completely valid but a House Select Committee on Benghazi? No! Politics, pure politics!

Worried?

Presumably you don't recall the post where I sincerely wished the GOP base their whole campaign around Benghazi. Still feel that way. There aren't enough Foxbots to make it work. (At least outside of the deep South which is a lost cause anyway.)

Why do you post articles that are full of lies and distortions about Benghazi?

Its pretty funny watching how emotionally invested in this Benghazi investigation the lefties are....

:laugh: :laugh: :roflol:

OMG! The irony!

Im having fun watching you liberal hypocrites whine about a political scandal as if democrats have NEVER exploited political opportunity. Thats is whats ironic

I am beginning to believe that you have no idea what "values" are and, what they mean. You have a way of justifying anything. There is a big difference between values and situational ethics.

It takes money to compete. You can whine about political realities til hell freezes over but it is what it is. To be perfectly honest, I am not the least bit concerned with your incessant whining

Here it is:

I hope the Republicans make Benghazi the centerpiece of their election campaign. Focus on it. Please.

May 2, post #38 in "New Evidence...." thread.

Its pretty funny watching how emotionally invested in this Benghazi investigation the lefties are....

:laugh: :laugh: :roflol:

OMG! The irony!

Im having fun watching you liberal hypocrites whine about a political scandal as if democrats have NEVER exploited political opportunity. Thats is whats ironic

I'm not whining about it. I welcome it! It's so obviously a cynical political gambit.

Archived