It's time for the defense to carry it's weight

StatTiger

I'm hoping like everything that coach Johnson will do a better job with his defense this time around. His playing calling lost the NC.

\

The NC was one of our best defensive efforts. We slowed down one of the best O's in the country a special team screw up and our O that did nothing in 3rd quarter and first part of 4th quarter had more to do with our losing then a bad D. I agree our D has to improve but I would not use the NC as the problem because they did their part. Coach Johnson didn't make a player pull a hammie, Special Teams coach is responsible for TD in 2nd quarter, Coach Johnson did not make two players run into themselves.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chizik caught flack for the defense because he was a meddling defensive coach...

FIFY

I'm hoping like everything that coach Johnson will do a better job with his defense this time around. His playing calling lost the NC.

\

The NC was one of our best defensive efforts. We slowed down one of the best O's in the country a special team screw up and our O that did nothing in 3rd quarter and first part of 4th quarter had more to do with our losing then a bad D. I agree our D has to improve but I would not use the NC as the problem because they did their part. Coach Johnson didn't make a player pull a hammie, Special Teams coach is responsible for TD in 2nd quarter, Coach Johnson did not make two players run into themselves.

I agree. A lot of people expected FSU to have their way with us.

Chizik caught flack for the defense because he was a meddling defensive coach...

FIFY

Head coaches are supposed to meddle. If they aren't meddling, they aren't doing their job. The two biggest meddlers in modern AU history were Shug Jordan and Pat Dye. A head coach that doesn't monitor and fine tune every facet of his team's performance won't be a head coach very long.

FIFY

Head coaches are supposed to meddle. If they aren't meddling, they aren't doing their job. The two biggest meddlers in modern AU history were Shug Jordan and Pat Dye. A head coach that doesn't monitor and fine tune every facet of his team's performance won't be a head coach very long.

I think "meddling" becomes a problem if the head coach is not completely comfortable or in-tune with the DC's philosophies regarding schemes and assignments.

We already know you are clueless about everything, but you're also an idiot if you really believe that. That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen here in a while. You certainly weren't watching the same game the rest of us were watching....

FIFY

monitoring is one thing, meddling is another. One can have input without stepping on toes and taking away responsibility. Yes, a head coach is supposed to be involved, but when they don't allow coaches to coach, then there is a problem and a division.

IMO a lot of things have come down to the personel in the secondary. There's always those 1 or two holes that just get EXPLOITED to the point of ridiculousness. It's hard to tell how we would have been a little while back because Roof was SO bad at scheming but I also don't believe he had much to work with on the edges.

We already know you are clueless about everything, but you're also an idiot if you really believe that. That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen here in a while. You certainly weren't watching the same game the rest of us were watching....

Have you beaten up any cripples, weaklings, or children lately?

FIFY

I think "meddling" becomes a problem if the head coach is not completely comfortable or in-tune with the DC's philosophies regarding schemes and assignments.

So, just curious...do you think that Saban meddles with Smart's defensive schemes and assignments?

FIFY

So, just curious...do you think that Saban meddles with Smart's defensive schemes and assignments?

I suspect Smart has adapted or modified to whatever preferences Saban has, so there's no need to meddle. I seriously doubt if Smart has as much control as CEJ has (for example).

Have you beaten up any cripples, weaklings, or children lately?

I agree and there is no excuse for using derogatory name calling directed at a person that has challenges.

Archived